Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post your goofy YouTube icon pics!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
All YouTube does is go to the exact centre-point of your video and cap that bit for the pic. Also, where you see them with three pics, those are taken from 1/4 way through, 1/2 way through and 3/4 way through

I think you should at the very least be able to pick between the 3 if not choose your own!
YouTube sucks for this.

Here's some of mine:

Apparently there will be lots of bushes in Season 3!

Nothing says pretty, romantic Jate vid like Kate humping a tree!

A tour of the beautiful house we were staying in, naturally the best pic would be my step Dad's back!

And I like this one :

This one isn't too bad either (Ana on her own at least captures the theme):
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
I think you should at the very least be able to pick between the 3 if not choose your own!

You can, actually. I've done that with most of mine.

(How to: Go to your http://youtube.com/my_videos, or however you get to the same page. Next to each video should be a button that says "Edit Video Info". Click that. At the top of all the video info it gives you the three screenshots to choose from. Pick the one you like best--sometimes they all suck--then click the button at the bottom that says "update video info".

YouTube claims it can take up to six hours to show changes. Mine took more like a day. But they did go into effect and now I have much better video pics!)

sig by niki blue
Skeezerbeans

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:

Which Say What You Will? Claire freaking out or Sam's pantleg?

I'd recognize that pantleg anywhere.

I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that youtube is working on changing things so we can choose a caption for our vids in the future. Yay!

I've been lucky with a lot of my youtube(Supernatural vid) captures. I have a few that are blah but I've managed to catch Dean in some of his best moments and Sam looks good in all the vid captures I have of him.

My good captures:

My what the? captures:

Skeezerbeans' Station
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:

(How to: Go to your http://youtube.com/my_videos, or however you get to the same page. Next to each video should be a button that says "Edit Video Info". Click that. At the top of all the video info it gives you the three screenshots to choose from. Pick the one you like best--sometimes they all suck--then click the button at the bottom that says "update video info".

YouTube claims it can take up to six hours to show changes. Mine took more like a day. But they did go into effect and now I have much better video pics!)

Cool!! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for telling us!!
I changed most of mine, too. "Kiss the girl" has finally a better vid icon... yay!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeezerbeans wrote:
mistojen wrote:

Which Say What You Will? Claire freaking out or Sam's pantleg?

I'd recognize that pantleg anywhere.

you and me both!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:

Nothing says pretty, romantic Jate vid like Kate humping a tree!

KajaM wrote:
Yeah, that one is great. It's your profile pic, too, isn't it?
Yes it is!! It's perfect. And she's probably the character that looks the most like me so it's fitting.

And you can change your pic????? Awesome, thanks!!!!!!!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, you can change the pic!
Although I can pretty much guess that the other choices are likely to suck too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Skeezerbeans

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicafrom3, thank you! I didn't know the change was already in effect on YT. I just went through my vids and changed some of the worst screencaps for my vids.

Skeezerbeans' Station
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! Some of those are too funny.

I just discovered that you can choose from 3 pics, but here are some of my best/worst before I do that.

Actually, there's only 2 that I actually like.

"When You're Gone" & "The Day I Tried to Live"

Crappy ones:

"Where Are They Now", apparently Jack has a second face on his neck.

"Throw It Away", about Charlie's drug addiction, a nice shot of the grass.

"These Walls", a Charlie vid, and I think that's a shot of Locke's chest.

"The Last Song", sad Charlie vid, and that's...uuummm....I dunno.

"By My Side", angsty Desmond & Pen, a nice almost-blank screen really sells the story.

"Beautiful Girl", about the lovely ladies of Lost, and there's Shannon looking......not too beautiful.

I had waaay too much fun going through these.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol these are funny. Youtube really screws us over sometimes with these crappy icons.

The first one is a Chana vid I only JUST uploaded and that pic of ana-Lucia looking kinda.....upset and well, you get the idea 0_o

The second I adore! I don't mind that one. That one was for my Breathe video I uploaded here yesterday.

First one I guess is okay. Second one was supposed to be a kind of cheerful one and that icon makes it look the complete opposite.

First one, I guess that's OK. In fact, I made it my youtube icon yesterday The second one would be perfect if it wasn't so dark. The 3rd one is great. There ARE more bad ones though.

First one-kinda random but I guess that's alright. Second one, wth? It's Shannon and Sayid and there's Boone with Shannon!
3rd, really random >.< 4th-Guess that's alright. 5th-meh, 6th-You can hardly SEE Michael there! 7th-perfect, 8th-don't mind that one, The Bodies one is kinda strange O_o

That's not all my videos. Any others are kinda uninteresting. But there ya go. Not too bad =p And I just realised I have 30 vids! -parties-
Skeezerbeans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now something is screwed up at youtube. Some of my vid icons I've been able to change. Some will not change no matter what I do.

Skeezerbeans' Station
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
ok, im pressing the print button and it wont copy, i tried to do it by right clicking but its not working... i need help!

Sorry, Trey, I just now saw this! How it works for me, I go ahead and have Paintshop open and ready to go. Then I press Print Screen (you won't "see" it do anything, per se), then go into PSP and click Paste as New Image. And voila! A screencap of my entire monitor appears! If that's not working for your computer... Hmmm, I'm not sure why it wouldn't! But these things do happen some times!

ZOMG, Chica, thank you SO MUCH for telling us how to change the pics! I ended up changing some of mine that I didn't even mention the first time!

1. "Ethan's Wonderful World" - which used to be represented with the pic of Shannon screaming; I kinda liked the first one with just the white clouds and smoke but the third one at least has Ethan in it, so I went with that!

2. "Walking Behind" - used to have the kinda odd pic of Sawyer and... Kate's hands! The third one is in mid-transition so I went with the first one. *thumbs up!*

3. "What I Like About You" - formerly known as "the pic of Jack's arms," lol! Kate's pic would've been appropriate but there's NO WAY I'm passing up a pic of my sweet Southern boy...

4. "Soul Meets Body" - aka "Danielle being beamed up" LOL! Sadly, it was either that or a random shot of a water bottle or that weird mid-transition thing where it looked like Hurley's head was about to explode in the ocean... So that one stayed!

Oh man, I have LOVED seeing everybody's stills! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Skeezerbeans wrote:
Now something is screwed up at youtube. Some of my vid icons I've been able to change. Some will not change no matter what I do.

Oh man! Hopefully that'll get straightened out! Off-topic: evil!Sam!!!! *squee!* Awesome sig banner!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad ones that have been changed:

Little Man - Big Man: Though I wanted a shot of both Locke and Ben, either two or three were viable options, and I actually prefer the shot from the "Where is the beast lying?" line for thematic elements, but it's hard to see and is in the middle of a fade. Thus, I went with the second, clearer, closer shot of Ben.

Watch Your Step: The shot of Charlie isn't really interesting. Angry! Pickett is just kind of frightening. The trap arrow is more appropriate thematically, and cooler.

My Back Pages: I would have preferred a B&W shot for this one, but the third one was the only one actually of Sayid, though it's kind of sucky.

Authority Song: Didn't really need to be changed as much as the others, but the first shot is more cocky and defiant, and that works better with the song, naturally.

Now, the good ones:

Prison Grove: Nice, sharp shot of Sayid looking kind of badass.

Kid Fears: Walt probably has the most fitting verse in the song, and the shot with the knife is nice.

Bad Penny: Matches the song (about Kate's penchant to follow Sawyer and then play dumb about it) perfectly.

Flesh & Blood: I would've preferred a shot of both Ben and Juliet, but doesn't Juliet look perfectly creepy here?

Lord Byron's Luggage: Panicky Desmond works well for this.

The Other Side of Summer: Goes along with the line about "Madman standing by the side of the road, saying, 'Look at my eyes' " and hits the right vibe for the song.

Now, the newest and, depending upon your perspective, worst or best icon (I know Aislynn will like it, at least!)

It is for That Don't Impress Me Much, soon to be posted. At least the channel icon should garner some comments, if nothing else!
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I actually always thought I am the person who have the most terrific YT icons

My top lol

Des/Lizzy vid...what is that..a LAMP, wow, probably a great vid lol

"New Island home"...dead Shanon head..great

"this is about Lust" - I probably even don't know what is THAT

"carry on dancing" - skate vid, great..I love black colour ...ONLY..

- I thinkr this terrific Locke face you could image in your WORST nightmare

...the most worst and weird transition EVER lol

Some of my non-Lost vids:
Butterfly effect movie:
...ok, may be it's not that crappy, but still..Ashton Kutcher face was EVERYWHERE in this vid, but YT took this 1 sec (!) appearring of the most hatible by me character in this movie ..and I actually was expecting to get a profile pic with Ashton ha ha

Back to the future vid:

...no comments, the best BTTF moment

House MD vid - again the most weird transition ever

Spider-Man vid - was about Spider-Man, damn, but not about this crappy Harry face

----
I know that now we can change pics, and I actually changed yesterday mostly all of them..but they still looks the way they were, and YT don't change them, how many days I must wait lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:

Dude! Thanks for this tip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: