Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post your goofy YouTube icon pics!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Post your goofy YouTube icon pics! Reply with quote

Oh come on, everybody knows that YouTube has a knack for catching the WORST moment possible in your vid and making that the icon for it! But occasionally they get it right (okay, so rarely but still... It can happen!). So why not share with the group and let's all collectively groan and ask, "What were they THINKING?"

Here's a little collage of my three favorite and three most groan-worthy of my vid icons:

Starting with the ones I like:

1. "Bawitdaba" - the Hatch countdown clock with all question marks was a kinda snazzy moment for it to snag, I'll give it that. My first YouTube vid... off to a good start!

2. "Tonight I Wanna Cry" - the record playing; I liked that one so much its my default YouTube icon. It was also one of my fav moments in the vid because that was really the first time I ever used a non-character clip so deliberately. Despite the fact that it didn't have Kate or Des in it, I thought that moment said a lot. Or maybe I'm just delusional...

3. "Runaway Train" - I actually *squeed* when I saw that YouTube had caught this moment. I almost made it my LVI image but changed my mind at the last second. Since I love selectively colored pics and this was the first vid I've incorporated that into, this was a great moment for it to catch, in my opinion.

And now for my "favorite" HUH? icons from YouTube:

1. "What I Like About You" - my first Skate vid! And YouTube grabbed the ONLY moment where I had "borrowed" Jack as a stand-in for Sawyer. So... YouTube turned my Skate vid, into a Jate icon...

2. "Soul Meets Body" - I'm not quite sure what's eating Danielle... or beaming her up... or whatever is happening to her, but one thing's for sure: she doesn't look happy about it! Getting caught in the middle of a long transition or effect is just not a good look!

3. "Makes Me Wonder" - Yes, Kate taking off her shirt. Thank you, YouTube, now my vid should be very popular with the entire straight male population... I wonder if anybody will be disappointed by the Rose and Bernard vid that they'll find attached to this icon???

Now, get to capping some of your icons, hm? (Just use the Print Screen key above the number pad and you should be able to paste whatever is on your monitor into any sort of photo editing software, even MS Paint. )
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Ais! So much for you staying offline to relax, huh? oh okay, now I have to do this...cuz I've got some real winners...

The ones I LIKE:

1. All Their Fault - Not that it really gives a good idea of what's going on in the vid, but it's a decent cap. Not complaining.

2. Gifts and Curses - GUH! So perfect because the whole vid is just shipperiffic.

3. Eternity - "What if there was more to life...after death?" Picture of Boone's grave marker? I'm pretty sure if that doesn't say "eternity" all over it, I'm not sure what does.

The ones that make me cringe:

1. Say What You Will (the original--Lost/DLM/SPN xover tribute) - ...because Sam's pantleg and spilled coffee really gives the right vibe out, you know?

2. Shannon's Nightmare - Okay. Seriously? Do I have to explain? Thanks for getting in the frame, Jack, ya jerk. This is a Shannon/Charlie/Mason video; get out of the way, camera hog.

3. Say What You Will: Lost - Nothing says, "I love you, Charlie, and I'll miss you..." like Claire freaking out, does it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
lol Ais! So much for you staying offline to relax, huh?

True...

mistojen wrote:
1. Say What You Will (the original--Lost/DLM/SPN xover tribute) - ...because Sam's pantleg and spilled coffee really gives the right vibe out, you know?

I was actually doing the whole "tilting my head to both sides, trying to figure out what I'm looking at" thing with that one! Sam's pantleg and spilled coffee, FTW!

mistojen wrote:
3. Eternity - "What if there was more to life...after death?" Picture of Boone's grave marker? I'm pretty sure if that doesn't say "eternity" all over it, I'm not sure what does.

Oh, that was turned out perfect! Just like you had picked it out!

mistojen wrote:
2. Shannon's Nightmare - Okay. Seriously? Do I have to explain? Thanks for getting in the frame, Jack, ya jerk. This is a Shannon/Charlie/Mason video; get out of the way, camera hog.

Jack jumped into my "What I Like About You" vid, too! Dude, he IS a camera hog! *snort*

Thanks for playing along and humoring me! *hugs!*
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I was actually doing the whole "tilting my head to both sides, trying to figure out what I'm looking at" thing with that one! Sam's pantleg and spilled coffee, FTW!

Dammit, Sam, stop being so huge that you have to be in EVERY shot.

Aislynn wrote:
Jack jumped into my "What I Like About You" vid, too! Dude, he IS a camera hog! *snort*

...Jack officially sucks. *drags him off stage with a cane around the waist*

Aislynn wrote:
Thanks for playing along and humoring me! *hugs!*

that was totally fun, actually
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite possibly the worst thing about Youtube I don't see why we can't choose which frame we want. It's not like it'd take much work. They'd just need a single little number in the database that corresponds to the frame, wouldn't they?
Just not very bright imo. It's why we decided not to make LVI piggyback on Youtube for 5.0...

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Hobbes13&p=r

None I like . Most I hate. The worst would be The Game, It's not Easy, and Skaterboy, because they have nothing to do with the vids!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never liked the icon for DARE.

It's got to be the poorest place to make an icon out of in the whole vid. Dark, blurry and a boring random pic of the hatch dart board. I'd skip over this vid based on that icon, definitely.

So this one does slightly make sense, but it's very underwhelming and not exactly the best pic to show a preview of what the whole vid is like.

Okay, now this one's just funny. It basically reveals the highlight of the vid. Well, it's not funny if you don't know the audio's switched, but I just think of Sally's voice whenever I see this. Poor Locke.

That's all I really care about.

sig by IslandofMystery
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, those are some really hilarious ones you posted here, guys! I especially love the one of Jen's Say What You Will vid...

Here are some really awful ones from my account:

This one is quite macabre, but it actually works well for Eat You Alive:

Luckily, I have some good ones, too. This one is just perfect:

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man yours are all in the middle of transitions *facepalm*

Which Say What You Will? Claire freaking out or Sam's pantleg?
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
man yours are all in the middle of transitions *facepalm*

Yeah, it really sucks... Especially the You've Got The Music In You one... it's the scene from 1x18 - Numbers with Hurley running through the jungle and then tripping over something and falling. Meh!

mistojen wrote:
Which Say What You Will? Claire freaking out or Sam's pantleg?

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that there where two with the same title. I was talking about the one with Claire... quite ironic...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina - That Killer in me pic is just perfect!!! The best youtube pic I've seen for a video.

OMG this his hilarious. Everytime I upload a vid there I'm always very worried about that stupic icon pic....

Can you tell what's going on in those pics??? I think Jack is kissing Charlie in the first and Desmond is making out with Charlie in the second one.

This is a Charlie-Claire vid. Why is Liam there? Two seconds... two seconds and it had to be right in the middle.

This one I adore though:

Last edited by cylune on Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's some of mine lol

these ones aren't bad

some bad

and this one is so random

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonic!angry!Claire that's beautiful, Charlie
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
This is a Charlie-Claire vid. Why is Liam there? Two seconds... two seconds and it had to be right in the middle.

(I hate it when that happens!! It's so frustrating!)

cylune wrote:
This one I adore though:

Yeah, that one is great. It's your profile pic, too, isn't it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im pressing the print button and it wont copy, i tried to do it by right clicking but its not working... i need help!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All YouTube does is go to the exact centre-point of your video and cap that bit for the pic. Also, where you see them with three pics, those are taken from 1/4 way through, 1/2 way through and 3/4 way through

Supernatural Video Station
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: