Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Skaterboy" - Charlie/Claire/Humor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: "Skaterboy" - Charlie/Claire/Humor Reply with quote

# "Skaterboy" 2005-02-01
Hobbes proves that a Charlie Claire video doesn't have to be slow OR boring!
# Song: Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne (WHY IS IT SPELLED SK8ER BOI!?!?! THAT'S JUST RETARDED!!!)
Vidder: Warren (Hobbes)
Length: 3:26 (9.4 WMV)

[i][b]Links:
http://www.zshare.net/video/lvi_skaterboy-wmv.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mify3CBmY0k

Commentary:
Spoiler:

I did this video, like I said, as a dare to myself. We have a little joke going on back in the council lounge (well... a joke that I started! but they laughed at least ) about how Charlie/Claire videos are complete and utter "fluff" (we get a lot more videos that we judge than those allready up on the site. The ones still on here are pretty good! ) It's like every sappy video maker is drawn to making Charlie/Claire snorefests... forgive me if whoever is reading this is one of those people but it really appears to be true...
We wondered whether it was the material that made them hard to do well, or if it was just the people. So I took the risk, on a whim, picked the best stupid song I could (Avril songs may be lame, but they have a beat LOL) and began the "incredible journey" !
Now that it's done... it's probably one of my favourite videos despite Avril, Charlie, and Claire! I love it ^^

Yes, I know. "LMAO Locke!!!" That made ME laugh for hours!

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:46 am; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite thing about this vid is how Locke is so pissed that Claire called him to tell him about Charlie being in a band. He's just disgusted. LOL. But seriously, the rest of the vid is top notch. Great job Hobbes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FINALLY downloaded the video...and what can I say? It was HILARIOUS! It's so nice that you included Locke in the video! Completely out of place, but somehow makes sense...I have no idea how you do this to music videos ! Just by watching two videos made by you, and I'm utterly into Locke all over again (I used to like Locke, but then I got into the whole Charlie/Claire thing...and the rest is history). Just from the Locke scene alone, it kept me laughing throughout the video. The whole thing was pretty well made. I won't be repeating it anytime soon like Simple and Clean, but that one I actually liked the song so I'm a bit partial to it. It's a nice departure from the usual fluff that I too often request
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heehee hee ^^ thanks for the compliments on the vids! I still have 2 more that you haven't seen lol

Although I probably wouldn't recommend "Beautiful Goodbye" to you since it's a Jack/Kate one, but then again, I'm not really a Jack/Kate shipper either, but I still think it's either my best or up there with "Skaterboy"
You'l enjoy Staring at the sun, I know you will ^^ mwahahahha it's fast and fun!

Now let me tell you all my videos' deep dark secrets: Every one of the songs I picked here has been done on a music video for other genres, with awesome music videos, that inspired me to use that song for a lost music video. Beautiful Goodbye- Cardcaptors, Simple and Clean- Kingdom hearts intro, Staring at the sun- Final Fantasy, Skaterboy- FFX
Though looking over those past ones... I like mine better
And I didn't take any ideas from them really, well except the idea to make a run-down of each episode in Staring at the Sun... which IS kinda the entire reason I did that song... but whatever...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
My favorite thing about this vid is how Locke is so pissed that Claire called him to tell him about Charlie being in a band. He's just disgusted.

I just downloaded this vid (don't get me started about sloooow download times and the fact that it's going to take me approximately until the year 2323 to see all the vids on this site ) and everybody beat me to the punch about my favorite part! But I decided to post a comment anyway. I loved that moment with Locke! Oh, that look on his face was priceless!

Excellent job tackling the often-fluffy subject of C&C!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I hear someone liked one of my videos, I go into a little "Happy seizure" and spend about 10 minutes watching them all over again in ecstacy. Thank you for that LOL
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was an interesting video. It kind of seemed to put Claire in a bad light (which is a very evil thing to do!) but I thought it was clever how the song went along with stuff happening in the video. What I didn't understand though, was Claire suppose to be both girls? Was she the girl who blew off Charlie and then the girl he ended up with? Or am I really not suppose to think about it that hard?

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm.... I choose "B"
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Okay.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, great vid. Wouldn't have thought of this song for a Lost vid, but it works.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the full-sized version, without all the crappiness. I also fixed up the little errors that only I, and any judge, would notice so it's about as close to perfect as I'm willing to work towards

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HWFS8ORPU9380SWB368EBQOJ0
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG thanks so much Hobbes. lt looks so much better then the 10 MB version. Although even though the quality was kinda crappy l still loved it either way. Thanks again.
~Ok l'm gonna watch it a few more times...lol~
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OMG thanks so much Hobbes. lt looks so much better then the 10 MB version. Although even though the quality was kinda crappy l still loved it either way. Thanks again.
~Ok l'm gonna watch it a few more times...lol~

no! thank YOU for wanting the big file that damn little one always buggs me to death nobody ever gets to see the video as it SHOULD look!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.
19 MB, fixed version! http://rapidshare.de/files/1785044/skaterboy05.avi.html
it's up for 30 days, or even longer if someone actually downloads it lol! It goes 30 days from the last download
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments always appreciated!

Link!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: