Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mistojen's Page
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: mistojen's Page Reply with quote

Welcome to mistojen's LVI Vidder page! Here you can discuss mistojen's vids (past and future) as well as express your eternal love of his/her work! Have fun!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fellow Charlie-ette!!!! Jen has a great feel for storytelling and is very original in her approach. Great structure in her vids, especially the ensemble.

My favorite vids: Say What You Will, Gifts and Curses, Slow (Amazing first vid!!! )
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I HATE Slow! I'm so embarrassed of that video lol

Cin, you're so sweet! Thanks for the kind words It's really cool to have a vidder I respect as much as you give me compliments on my vids

Charlie-ettes FTW!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen, you're such a sweetheart!!
And your vids are simply amazing as well!!

My favourites: Say What You Will, Gifts and Curses, Final Destination
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, seriously? First of all, thanks Karolina--you're a sweetheart, too! You know, I really find it interesting that you AND Cinthia put Say What You Will and Gifts and Curses as your favorites, because I was sure that Say What You Will was going to be kind of, in general, ignored because I feel it's a little montage-y and, let's be honest, Charlie, Boone, and Shannon are not popular characters, by any means. In fact, they're probably way down there with Ana and Libby in the general scheme of things. Also, in spite of Gifts and Curses being my first (and for a long time, ONLY) gold CP, as well as having won the Romance Vid of the Year...like...I really can't stand that video! lol I almost didn't finish it at ALL, to be honest. It started out as a request for a friend who isn't on LVI, and then I sent it off to Aislynn at some point after we started corresponding more often and...I don't even remember, like, WHY I sent it to her, but it wasn't finished and she was like "You HAVE to finish this!" ...so, because I'd long deleted the project file, I just had to put in the old rendered bit I'd sent her and then work off that and I really honestly can't stand it, but I'm really glad that you guys do (and apparently plenty of others, given all the votes it got for Romance Vid).

...wow, mental note: do not ever respond to my vidder thread after watching a panel discussion for television shows... That reply to you was so unnecessarily long and I explained things no one cares about

In any case, thank you Also, I'm really sorry I never got that Shoone vid done for you...I was having a horrible time mapping it out and an even worse time editing the song down because I suck at audio editing (if you've seen Final Destination--which, obviously you have--Shannon's Nightmare, Eternity, or Greyscale, you can hear how hideous I was at editing back when you asked me to do that vid for you. I've gotten better, but not much ) I hope that SOMEONE gets that vid done, because it really and truly is a perfect Shannon character study through Boone's eyes.

omg, Jen, stfu. Okay, I'm done, I swear. Thank you for commenting

PS--fun f-ckin fact for the day: Final Destination is the only Lost vid that I've done that I really, REALLY like. Bombs Away comes in a close second. So, I'm glad I'm not alone in liking FD: Lost
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Jen, you are one of a kind!

I love unnecessarily long responses... especially to your own topics. I feel like sending in a post secret about it! I could write all day about the process of my vids and how the idea comes about. I really always want to, but like you, I am soooo self-conscious about it. But I encourage you! What better place to do it? This topic has got your name all over it!

I love your vids too! Gifts and Curses is a given but you know I love "Bombs Away!" I am a big fan of the song (cause of you) and DML as well.

I am going to miss your videos sooo much! My sister read that you weren't going to do anymore Lost vids and she totally freaked out.

And you know you're art work is always appreciated on LVI. You can't go anywhere without seeing one of Jen's fantastic colorbars.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Reasons I Love Jen:

1. She's my other half.
2. We have fun conversations involving the hotness *cough* of square brackets.
3. She has no idea how truly amazing she is.

My Favourite Jen Vids:

FD:LOST - when I got the beta version, absolutely blew me away - it was so innovative!

Bombs Away - again; I hadn't seen DLM at the time, but straight away I could totally understand what she was trying to get across - she did it in such a truly simple yet amazing way.

Say What You Will - a beautifully bittersweet and poignant tribute to Shannon, Boone and Charlie. May they live on in our hearts forever.

Kayla x

PS: I f***ing love you, b!tch.

Supernatural Video Station
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jen's vids are soo cool! theyre so unique and great to watch! shes also really cool too!

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Really wonderfull person Jen is. Great conversationilist, and fun to talk to. so multi talanted, you make great vids, and great art (like the banner im sporting by her) Your such a great person, and im glad to of met you here, its sad to here your done with vidding lost, but i cant wait to see your other fandom vids. and I SWARE, ill finish watching all the Supernatural seasons this summer!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
That reply to you was so unnecessarily long and I explained things no one cares about

Dude! You mean I'm not supposed to do that ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME??? *makes mental note to self to stop rambling*

*sadly, it's already too late and she's just getting started*

Waaaay back when, when I did the very first beta for you, I remember being SO impressed that, not only did you not call me names for daring to suggest one or two things might need to be tweaked a bit, but you seemed to really appreciate my opinion. I mean, that really blew me away! You've always been willing to take other people's opinions under consideration and to me, that's one of the best things a vidder (or anybody, really) can do. You have to stay true to your own vision but at the same time, you have to be willing to listen if somebody's telling you they can't understand something in your vid.

However, you've definitely outgrown my beta services now, as you only have to look at your recent vids both here and over at Supernatural Video Station to see. (Not that I'm not still glad to beta. I just mainly have to sit there going, "Woooooot!" from beginning to end, which is a pretty sweet gig. )

I still think you deserve a commemorative T-shirt for having to endure an early beta draft of "Walking Behind." That was above and beyond the call, man...

My most favoritest of favorites of your Lost vids would have to be "Gifts and Curses", "Eternity", "Bombs Away", and "Say What You Will."

*long ago passed "regular rambling" and went into "rambling overtime"*

*hearts you liek woah* *super(natural)!hugs!*
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*deep breath* here we go! Longest comment in the history of Jen starting NOW:

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
oh Jen, you are one of a kind!

in a good way, I hope! Thanks!

Quote:
I love unnecessarily long responses... especially to your own topics. I feel like sending in a post secret about it! I could write all day about the process of my vids and how the idea comes about. I really always want to, but like you, I am soooo self-conscious about it. But I encourage you! What better place to do it? This topic has got your name all over it!

I'm in love with going on about the process of my videos...I'd love to have a reason to sound off on how the vids came to be and the processes I went through to get them to the final result. Dude, if you're wanting to know about any of them, please please PLEASE ask, but be forewarned you might get a novel in response

Quote:
I love your vids too! Gifts and Curses is a given but you know I love "Bombs Away!" I am a big fan of the song (cause of you) and DML as well.

Thank you so much! You know, I really do find it funny that everyone liked Gifts and Curses so much because I really can't stand it, but I'm glad that everyone else really liked it Bombs Away is my second favorite video ever. I love Virgin Millionaires--they've got some really great music (check out their myspace to hear the rest. They're a really great local band in Indianapolis slowly trying to make their way into the big time. I actually messaged Zack, their lead singer, asking permission to use the song, but never got a yea or nay, so I just big, fat used it anyway, because it's so brilliant. I'm glad I got so many people to like their music just by using it for a vid Also, DLM FTW!

Quote:
I am going to miss your videos sooo much! My sister read that you weren't going to do anymore Lost vids and she totally freaked out.

Aww that's a really sweet thing to say and I'm sorry that you'll be missing them. I have a few Lost vids that have bits and pieces finished, but I just don't have it in my head to bang them out now that I've moved on to Supernatural...so, I am giving them up. If, however, I ever do get the muse back, they'll definitely go up on LVI, no worries. I am still vidding, though, so if you ever want to check out my new videos, they're posted at Supernatural Video Station. Same Jen-quality vids, new fandom, is all.

Quote:
And you know you're art work is always appreciated on LVI. You can't go anywhere without seeing one of Jen's fantastic colorbars.

Thanks Yeah, when I started that thread, I was just kind of unloading my work and I put up that taking requests bit just to see what would happen...I NEVER thought it'd take off like it did!

Thanks for the comment here, IAmSoLostRightNow (I'm so sorry, but I totally flaked on your real name...I fail )

Much love!

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
The Reasons I Love Jen:

1. She's my other half.
2. We have fun conversations involving the hotness *cough* of square brackets.
3. She has no idea how truly amazing she is.

*coughscodescodescodesminesweeperflagsandhiddenprivateislandswithjaredpadaleckiNOTrunningaroundwithsanjayahairwhaaaaatnow?!coughs* I love you, sweetie, I really do. I can't thank you enough for inviting me to Admin at SVS, because it's brought us so close and I wouldn't trade it for the world. PS, for your third reason...I could say the same to you

Quote:
My Favourite Jen Vids:

FD:LOST - when I got the beta version, absolutely blew me away - it was so innovative!

Bombs Away - again; I hadn't seen DLM at the time, but straight away I could totally understand what she was trying to get across - she did it in such a truly simple yet amazing way.

Say What You Will - a beautifully bittersweet and poignant tribute to Shannon, Boone and Charlie. May they live on in our hearts forever.

FD: LOST - I couldn't have done it without you having rented FD2 and ripping the trailers for me, so there's a HUGE thank you to you for doing that! Your beta was awesome and I'm only sorry I couldn't find a WMM plug-in to take on your "negatives" suggestion for the clips of the Dead Losties coming back to get the ones who survived. That would've been really awesome...

Bombs Away - Guh, you totally were beyond helpful in getting me to finish this vid. When I was flailing you were so encouraging and I really appreciated it! Thanks for having a hand in helping me organize the storyline so that everyone, even those who hadn't seen DLM, could understand it.

Say What You Will - Thank you so much, sweetie. I'm glad that I was able to find such a perfect song to use...thanks also for looking it over for me *big squishy hugs*

Quote:
PS: I f***ing love you, b!tch.

I f***ing love you too, Lesbo

leylin wrote:
jen's vids are soo cool! theyre so unique and great to watch! shes also really cool too!

Aww, Ley, thanks so much! *big hugs* I *heart* you!

wolffootball37 wrote:
Wow! Really wonderfull person Jen is. Great conversationilist, and fun to talk to. so multi talanted, you make great vids, and great art (like the banner im sporting by her) Your such a great person, and im glad to of met you here, its sad to here your done with vidding lost, but i cant wait to see your other fandom vids. and I SWARE, ill finish watching all the Supernatural seasons this summer!!!

Aw thanks, Trey! I can't believe how well the colorbars are taken, honestly I'm glad yours turned out the way you wanted; I was really nervous about that one, because, seriously, the Beatles?! Nothing better than the Beatles and I SO didn't wanna eff up THAT colorbar! Maybe someday I'll come back to vidding Lost, even if just to finish the two or three vids I have had in limbo for months after my Lost muse deserted me and my Supernatural muse came out of nowhere. I have Supernatural and Dead Like Me vids (you can find the Supernatural ones on SVS and the DLM ones on RVH--links in my sig) if you wanna watch them. And yes, you HAVE to catch up on Supernatural, you HAVE to join SVS and you HAVE to be ready for the Supernatural S3 premiere, which, by the way, I'm having a party for at my place, so you should PROBABLY go ahead and make a trip up to Indianapolis and join the fun

Thanks for the comment, Trey *hugs* MUCH love!

Aislynn wrote:
mistojen wrote:
That reply to you was so unnecessarily long and I explained things no one cares about

Dude! You mean I'm not supposed to do that ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME??? *makes mental note to self to stop rambling*

whatever, Ais, you're always the exception to that rule. Emoticon Master Homebody, FTW!

Quote:
*sadly, it's already too late and she's just getting started*

SQUEE! I LOVE long Aislynn posts! ...I'm pretty sure I saved "The Longest PM EVER" somewhere...

Quote:
Waaaay back when, when I did the very first beta for you, I remember being SO impressed that, not only did you not call me names for daring to suggest one or two things might need to be tweaked a bit, but you seemed to really appreciate my opinion. I mean, that really blew me away! You've always been willing to take other people's opinions under consideration and to me, that's one of the best things a vidder (or anybody, really) can do. You have to stay true to your own vision but at the same time, you have to be willing to listen if somebody's telling you they can't understand something in your vid.

OMG, what even WAS the first beta I asked you to do? All Their Fault, right? I've been in love with your beta hats, ever since. My favorite, though, was the Sam and Dean one with the sombreros LMFAO!

You were impressed that I didn't call you names?! Dude, the whole reason I asked you to beta me was because I wanted to make my vids better and what's the point of asking for help if I wasn't going to take it? That's amazing to me, Ais, honest to God. Your betas are the whole reason I'm the vidder I am. I mean, really, look at Slow and Baby Mine...and then look at Say What You Will or, in the SPN fandom, Into the Fire (which I'm secretly in love with ) or Hit the Floor (which I secretly hate, but everyone else loves ). Seriously, if I hadn't asked for your help and taken your advice and soaked up every single thing you said to me like a SPONGE...I mean, really, I'd be a crap vidder. Everything I learned, I learned from you, and more recently, with Vegas, from Kayla. Without you two, I'd still be churning out sucktastic crap like Slow, Baby Mine, and Superbleeder.

On that note, also...it was YOU who kept me vidding when I decided I was going to give up. When I thought I was getting worse, you told me I was getting better and when I thought that there was no point in continuing the craft, you made me feel like I could improve my work and could hone in on new skills. To anyone else reading this, AISLYNN is the entire reason I'm still a vidder, because, I think it was Shannon's Nightmare that was my last straw, right? Or maybe Greyscale or FD: Lost; can't remember which, where I was like "I'm not doing this anymore. I suck, there's no point in vidding, no one watches my vids, and I hate this...I'm going downhill and my vids are totally garbage." Aislynn turned it around for me and I SO owe her. I love you, girl. A lot. Thank you for everything!

Quote:
However, you've definitely outgrown my beta services now, as you only have to look at your recent vids both here and over at Supernatural Video Station to see. (Not that I'm not still glad to beta. I just mainly have to sit there going, "Woooooot!" from beginning to end, which is a pretty sweet gig. )

First of all, thanks for the SVS vidder page pimpage Second of all, I will never outgrow your beta services, because I will always need reassurance that I'm not sucking or that I'm getting this beat right or that storyline straight. That's just my nature. I'm just glad I've been able to make it easier on you I remember when your betas were SOOOOO long and like ":31 - GREAT beat use; :43 - ...you missed a really hard beat there, you should put something in. 1:22 - what are you trying to say here? I think it means ___, but you might want to make it more clear..." etc. I LOVED those. I would say I miss them, except without them, it means I'm getting better and you don't need to be so detailed. Thanks for teaching me almost everything I know and for helping me all along the way with the things I envisioned and couldn't pull off with crap-@ss WMM

Quote:
I still think you deserve a commemorative T-shirt for having to endure an early beta draft of "Walking Behind." That was above and beyond the call, man...

...if you make it, I'd wear it... That wasn't even a horrible draft, Ais, seriously! And...I'm totally happy to continue to do your betas, because, I love, at the end of the day, being able to say that I was helpful in some way, shape, or form to you...because I'll never truly be able to pay you back for all your hard work and dedication and the hand you had in making me the vidder I am now. *Megatron!Hugs, Sammy!smishes, and MUCH love*

Quote:
My most favoritest of favorites of your Lost vids would have to be "Gifts and Curses", "Eternity", "Bombs Away", and "Say What You Will."

you liked Eternity? Almost nobody liked Eternity lmao I would actually really like it if I'd been able to get the sound right...the audio is pretty crap, but other than that I was pleased with it. Hey, it was my first trailer, what can I say? OMG! I just looked at the thread for it and that was back when I was telling you the Princess Jen and the Magic Guitar Strings saga! omg I wish I still had those PMs those were awesome to write Stupid Missing Six bassist bastard breaking my heart after getting a free haircut Also, fun fact...I have killed Shannon and Charlie in THREE vids and then did a tribute to their ACTUAL deaths in another. Geez, you'd never know I like them so much I'm as mean to Shannon and Charlie in my vids as Kayla is to Dean Winchester in hers LOL!

Gifts and Curses...wow. Like I said before, you were the one who made me actually finish that vid and look where it got me! My first ever Gold CP...Best Romance 2006. Wow. Just...wow. All because you told me you thought it was good and that I should finish it, so THANK you!

Bombs Away Wow, I put your butt through the WRINGER on that one, didn't I, Ais? haha That was like two or three months of beta work on your part before I got the final product I loved that you hadn't ever seen a single episode of Dead Like Me, because that made your betas for BA and Shannon's Nightmare all that much more useful. If you, who hadn't ever seen an ep of the crossed over show, could understand and follow the storyline, then I was good to go. Thanks so much for the Shannon-in-the-Mirror bit, too Was one of my first envisioned clips when I started this vid and I had NO idea how to do it, or even if I COULD. You own, Ais. I love you forever!

Say What You Will...thank you. I really didn't think anyone would bother watching it, and imagine my surprise at the CP, not only that I got one (which was shocking in and of itself) but the fact that I got it in LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS of having posted the vid. Jesus, it must be a lot better than I'm giving it credit for...

Quote:
*long ago passed "regular rambling" and went into "rambling overtime"*

...game, set, and match. I think I've rivalled you, or at least given you a run for your money.

Quote:
*hearts you liek woah* *super(natural)!hugs!*

back atcha, babe! Thanks for stopping by my thread and leaving me love *more Sammy!smishes and Megatron!Hugs* ...I need to think of something else, since you're a Dean/Jensen girl and Sam/Megatron are all about Jared... lol

Much love, Ais!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
love you, sweetie, I really do. I can't thank you enough for inviting me to Admin at SVS, because it's brought us so close and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Unlike some I could mention... [/bitchycomment]

Quote:
FD: LOST - I couldn't have done it without you having rented FD2 and ripping the trailers for me, so there's a HUGE thank you to you for doing that! Your beta was awesome and I'm only sorry I couldn't find a WMM plug-in to take on your "negatives" suggestion for the clips of the Dead Losties coming back to get the ones who survived. That would've been really awesome...

I still love the way you did it with the oil paint effect, though. It's teh awesomeness. And about the trailers... that's what got us talking, so thank you, Slightly Awful Movies!

Quote:
Bombs Away - Guh, you totally were beyond helpful in getting me to finish this vid. When I was flailing you were so encouraging and I really appreciated it! Thanks for having a hand in helping me organize the storyline so that everyone, even those who hadn't seen DLM, could understand it.

Well, since I hadn't seen DLM at the time, I was speaking from your main target audience, if you will I still love that video.

Quote:
Say What You Will - Thank you so much, sweetie. I'm glad that I was able to find such a perfect song to use...thanks also for looking it over for me *big squishy hugs*

No probs. You know how much I was crying t'other night, and I didn't tell you this, but it was Say What You Will that had me all sad in the first place...

Quote:
I f***ing love you too, Lesbo

And so you should *emphatic nod*

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you effing liar, 6 Feet Under Water did that to you

...but me likie teh ego stroking; do it again! do it again!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
you effing liar, 6 Feet Under Water did that to you

...but me likie teh ego stroking; do it again! do it again!

Uh... Say What You Will got me sad... 6-Feet Under Water started me off. ACTUALLY.

*strokes ego*

Wait...

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesbian.

...wait... I like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> The Vidders All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: