Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thefilmchick's Page
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: thefilmchick's Page Reply with quote

Welcome to thefilmchick's LVI Vidder page! Here you can discuss thefilmchick's vids (past and future) as well as express your eternal love of his/her work! Have fun!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing more fun than a vidder who's willing to look beyond "conventional mainstream" music and tackle something that that a lot of people probably haven't even heard before. Musical horizons are made to be broadened and what better way than with a Lost vid, in my opinion? *kicks her own not one, not two but three Justin Timberlake vids under a rug* (Geesh, how DID that happen to me??? )

Anyway, I think my personal favorite thefilmchick vid has to be "Pills and Soap." It has a definite vision and the effects really work well with the concept, story and song!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks. Hey, the music I use is my conventional mainstream music - I listen to a lot of singer-songwriter stuff and a lot of New Wave, obviously.

My videos aren't as technically perfect as most, admittedly (mainly because I'm not a perfectionist), but I think they make up for that in different perspectives and fitting music. I try to push the envelope, so sometimes I hit and sometimes I miss.

(Ironically enough, I am currently working on another Elvis Costello ensemble vid, but this is a musically upbeat one, whereas 'Pills and Soap' is, uh, not.)
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy to whomever reads this. Comments on the most recent videos would be most appreciated, because they aren't that bad (hell, one got a council pick anyway):

The Other Side of Summer (Ensemble)

Little Man - Big Man (Ben and Locke, respectively)

Both are upbeat and hopefully interesting, but have yet to receive any comments, despite at least the first being well-received by the council.

I have two more videos made but yet to be posted (one Sawyer's POV on Jack and Kate, a serious vid, and one a bit of fluff with a couple of relationships - but at least it has a catchy song!) There's also a fifth one (Charlie and Claire, because I found a song that should be vidded to that, and it's one that everyone knows) almost done for the month of July.

Thoughts? Thanks!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOOTT! Gold CP for your latest Boone vid!! YAYS!!! I'm so glad (and a little excited that i got a lil preview beforehand, lol) Great work Kate! Keep it up

thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwaha. If only it were for a character I really liked! Oh well.

Thanks for the congratulations!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries. why is that, that we vid on character that we don't really like and then they get good reviews? I did a Kate/Ana vid and it was really well liked on youtube, and i couldn't hate Ana more if i tried who knows? you're welcome for the congrats, well deserved

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Aislynn, its great the way you use very obscure songs that very much fit into the story of the character! Your always willing to try new stuff and know how to make a very enjoyable vid! Keep it up!!!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee. Thanks, Trey! Half of the point of using the "obscure" songs is because that's what I listen to normally - and why not see if other people like what I listen to, too? Half of the point is that sometimes the stories in those songs are just pitch-perfect, and I can't not do a vid of a certain character - case in point with "St. Robinson", as that just jumped out about fifty times and went 'This is Boone saying this,' so.

(I am slightly rambly, sorry. But thanks! )
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kate. Just thought I'd say you're a very intelligent person and your videos are interesting and unique. I can tell you're quite passionate about your vids and put alot of effort in to them to make them suit you and I think that's great
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you! I do try to make them interesting to me, although sometimes I worry that they're not interesting to a large portion of people, haha. Getting a bit dispirited recently as I seem to be falling prey to "always the bridesmaid, never the bride," but maybe - if I learn Vegas, after my recent spate of sucky law school work is done - I'll get back into gear.

(I'm not as intelligent as I want other people to think. )
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating here as it would get lost in spam!

Still alive, for those of you who don't have me linked on Facebook. Started a proper attorney-type job a few weeks ago; in the process of moving (only an hour: just signed for a loft in downtown Albany which I am scouring Craigslist to decorate in a 1910s style, since that's what the place wants.)

I still cannot answer your legal questions, non-clients that you are--but I will have proper wireless by next week and thus say goodbye to horrible dialup!

(No, I don't know whether I'll be teaching in the fall. We'll see.)
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering how you were doing so I'm happy for your update! I figured it was the proper-like job that was taking up your time (real life has a way of doing that sometimes, doesn't it? ) but hopefully once you've got decent Internet again you'll have some time to stop by and hang out! (Especially if it doesn't take, like, 5 minutes to load every page and such! *shoots dial-up with a rubber band* )

Anyway, it's good to see you! ♥!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're curious (I know you're not), Google the Dove and Hudson Bookstore in Albany, NY. I won't give y'all my exact house address--but I am heading to that block of Dove.

I have the whole third floor to myself for air hockey and guitar (and assorted other living pursuits), in a month-to-month lease. Bought a dishwasher and a washing machine/dryer (both portable, since I'm not sure where I'll be after the summer)--even though I'm getting paid close to $50,000 yearly, between that and security/rent, there went my first two paychecks.

Right now I have an hour and a half commute to work (with my dad), hence the reason for the move. That had "not happening" written all over it. I haven't paid rent for two years, so I've at least got a decent chunk of change saved up in order to make the purchases and move.

Work makes me dress up in a suit every day. I'm still not used to that.
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving again, in a week, but only 5 mins away, closer to campus!

As per my usual random burst of activity, I am back again for at least these songs as videos:

Scorpio Rising, 10000 Maniacs (In final beta)

Senses Working Overtime, XTC

Anxious, The Housemartins

Second Floor, Foxy Shazam

Ordinary Day, Great Big Sea

Distance Equals Rate Times Time, The Pixies (Done: 'Nowhere Man')

Already at work on the first -- not sure how many of the others I'll get done before heading for the UK for a few weeks. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out which of these will be which fandom (Nowhere Man and Due South are also on-deck with a song or two of these.) If anyone gets 'em entirely correct, I'll do a request video. It can even be Jate, if you really want to make me suffer, providing I've got the clips for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> The Vidders All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: