Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"6-Feet Under Water" by SuperKC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: "6-Feet Under Water" by SuperKC Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"6-Feet Under Water" 06-01-2007
Oh, Charlie!
Song: Little Things Give You Away by Linkin Park
Vidder: SuperKC
Length: 5:14 (19MB WMV)

Link(s): http://superkc.imeem.com/video/0iDCiVxD/six_feet_under_water/
http://media.putfile.com/Six-Feet-Under-Water
http://www.zshare.net/video/210364420ab08d/

Last edited by SuperKC on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC, I blame you completely for the fact that I'm sobbing while workers are tearing out my lawn about 3 feet away from me on the other side of a window.

Not only was that beautiful in a visual way, it was stunningly beautiful in an emotional way as well. I was going to give more details but the monitor's a little blurry right now, you understand... *sniffle*

Excellent song choice, clip choice, and effects!

Now I have to go convince the workers that the sun was just in my eyes. Yeah, the sun...
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: 6-Feet Under Water by SuperKC Reply with quote

I agree, this vid just breaks my heart!! The hurley hug...awwwww! KC, I love this vid for real. It's absolutely gorgeous. It makes me miss Charlie all that much more. You can't make a bad vid in my eyes. I LOVE IT! It's awesome, that's it. The coloring, the effects. Perfect!

Dude, why can't I make non-random comments lately. They're all over the place, lol.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Charlie
I miss him so much, but this video is beautifully done
The effects were brilliant just like the whole video. The ending was brilliant. I really miss Charlie, they were tears in my eyes watching this, his death gets me so emotional, but yeah amazing video loved it loads
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome vid! i really loved your coloring in this one, the way you made it that watery color! really great job! loved the song and how you interprited it!!! 1000 gold stars!!!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda speechless at the moment.

I never thought you'd be willing to make that kind of tribute to Charlie given that you never really liked him. I guess he grew on you during the last episodes.

That was great. The colors were gorgeous, I especially like the red highlights under the hatch. It made the fire extinguisher quite flashy and highlighted Charlie's bloody face.

Loved how you shown us how water was a big part of Charlie's life and death. Each one of his 'deaths' involved water. And his last flashback had him under the rain twice and jumping into a pool.

Loved how you mixed up the event of the hatch to the flashback and on-island events. And nice of you to also include the happy moments.

A great tribute. I'll send it to my friends.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, Oh! *hands tissue* I'm sorry! Did the workers buy your story? Haha. I hope so! And I'm so flattered you liked it!

Dayl, you spoil me with your comments. I can't make a bad vid? Haha It would be WONDERFUL to think so wouldn't it? You didn't think the coloring was distracting at all? A little bird told me it made things kind of hard to see. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way.

charlie, thanks so much hon! I'm super stoked you liked the ending. I had that pretty much in place exactly as you see it now from the moment I started the video. It was the clearest bit of my "vision" for this vid. I'm stoked you dug it.

Trey, thanks lad, but you keep giving those gold stars so freely they're gonna lose their street value. Haha. Sparingly!

cinthia, above all people I was most interested to hear your reaction to this video because you are such an avid Charlie fan. I wanted to do the vid justice and I think I have judging by your response! The song was so watery, and charlie's themes were so watery, it was just perfect and honestly it really helped me draw a lot of parallels that I didn't notice were there before! Funny how vidding can teach us about the show a bit. Haha. I'm so so so glad you liked it.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was great! Awesome song choice! The color effect you used worked perfectly.
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You didn't think the coloring was distracting at all? A little bird told me it made things kind of hard to see. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Pff that bird was dumb! because the colors, for me, only added to the vid. They're bright and vibrant and you can't even take your eyes away from the screen. I think the bird was the only one who thought they were distracting

--KC's Wife! --
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayln That bird is NOT dumb! I'll have you know that bird is very smart!!!!!! I can see what they were saying and perhaps it could have been because of the light rays effect I have over the whole video. I do think that the more color effects you add, the less video quality you get as a whole. It just SEEMS that way to me. I dunno. I am a colorization freak! I had like seven specs on this one vid! Haha.

Heather, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. The song really was MADE for charlie, wasn't it?

Also? Yay! for the viewer pick and the CP! Still always trying to improve, so it makes me happy when you guys like what I'm doing.
dayln03
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize to the bird, whoever they may be.

--KC's Wife! --
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the water references.
Love how this song just fit PERFECTLY
Love how you made it Desmond's perspective on Charlie - even though you told me you were doing this song, I never thought of it that way, but that was PERFECT "All you ever wanted was someone to truly look up to you. Now 6 feet under water, I do" - could there BE a more perfect character study moment? Wow.
You convinced me this song was meant to be in this video, and Lost was meant to fit this song. Brilliant!
(and touching!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayl, Apology accepted on behalf of said birdie.

Hobbes, Yay, thank you. I'm so glad you liked it. Especially as a fan of the song/band. The song really called for it, I'm sure it would have been done eventually by someone else if I hadn't done it. It's just too perfect for words. I definitely saw it as kind of Desmond's perspective on Charlie. I mean, death is a very personal and somewhat intimate thing. Charlie shared his last moments with Desmond, who could see him for the hero that he truly is. And no one else will know Charlie the way Desmond does now because they weren't there. The significance of Charlie writing the message on his hand is great, which is why I tried to feature it so prominantly. The little things give you away, no?
Jennabee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What more can I say?

I thought I was all cried out over Charlie, but here I am again crying like a baby.
An awesome piece of work - love the colour BTW - and the song was an absolute perfect choice, it could have been written for him.

*speechless*
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWEsome vid.
Not only a great song but a fantastic choice of clips and colouring. I dunno what to say, I sat 5 minutes and 13 seconds and was just stunned from the beginning to the end. Fantastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: