Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dayln03 wrote:
I have a question...
Umm, does it have to be just ONE ship. I'm not planning on doing like every character kinda thing, dont worry.
I'm just curious, if it still goes along w/ the theme, does it have to be just those two ppl in the ship??

I'll check back with the other CMs, but I'd say it's fine to have more than two people in the contest vid as long as it's still kinda plausible and believeable.

I'll let you know what the others said asap.

EDIT: Yep, it's fine as long as it still has the anti-ship theme and it shouldn't be tooooo montage-y. So you can use more than two people / more than one ship.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I have a question about okaying a song... Is "always" by salvia okay? I'm not even sure if i'm going to use it yet, it's just that it has a "i hate you" in the chorus, so I wanted to be positive that that doesn't fall into the realm of completely obvious.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I'll have to ask the others first, but I had a quick look at the lyrics and they seem to be alright if you ask me. I'll get back to you asap.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay okay thanks
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the others and they say it's fine if you want to use the song. It's a bit like "I hate everything about you", but as it hasn't been used as often as this song and since the lyrics aren't that obvious you can go ahead and use it.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, sorry, i have another question concerning a song. it's the last one, i promise. It's called "She ****ing hates me" by puddle of mud. I know it has the word hate in the title, but I thought i'd run it by you guys anyway.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
okay, sorry, i have another question concerning a song. it's the last one, i promise. It's called "She ****ing hates me" by puddle of mud. I know it has the word hate in the title, but I thought i'd run it by you guys anyway.

I'll check with the others and let you know! (Sounds like I'm going off to confer with Ben, huh??? )

And while I'm here, I'm going to claim a song. Yes, me. The viddergirl who last entered a contest in June...2005! June is apparently my favorite month to do contests, what can I say? I'm claiming Maroon 5's "Makes Me Wonder."

*runs off to vid like mad*
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're "claiming" songs, I claim "How Long" by Hinder. Not sure if I can finish in time, or even if this vid will fit this contest, but I'm gonna try!
Lizzie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never entered a contest before, so I might try & enter this one, even though it's a bit late now. I've got a question though, when you're submitting your video, how will you know that it is a contest video or not? Or is there another way of doing it? Thanks!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Lizzie! Hope you'll enter your first contest here! Check on the first page of this thread or on the June contest page of the main site for the full rules. But to answer your question about how we know it's a contest vid:

Quote:
When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "June 2007 contest submission" exactly in your vid's Description.

That let's us know which are "regular" vids and which are meant to be held for the contest. Good luck!
Lizzie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hey there, Lizzie! Hope you'll enter your first contest here! Check on the first page of this thread or on the June contest page of the main site for the full rules. But to answer your question about how we know it's a contest vid:

Quote:
When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "June 2007 contest submission" exactly in your vid's Description.

That let's us know which are "regular" vids and which are meant to be held for the contest. Good luck!

Oh ok thank you!

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys! and word on the puddle of mud song yet?

Man, I really want to enter this moth's contests, but i depends on how soon I can get high speed internet- i've been using my friend's computer to make videos.

anyway, yeah let me know about the song! Thank you all!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Lizzie!

riay_night, so sorry we haven't gotten an answer back to you yet. We're still "in conference" about it. As soon as we've reached an agreement, we'll let you know!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what we've come up with on the "She ****ing Hate Me" front (and pretty much any other song that might be close to that ).

The contest rules said:

Quote:
1. No using that "I Hate Everything About You" song. WAY too easy! (Ditto for other REALLY obvious ones)

Which is just basically our way of trying to get everybody vidding their hearts out instead of getting a big boost from the song. But, we don't want to make this an impossible contest either, so we will allow the Puddle of Mud song. We just strongly suggest using something else and really letting your vidding skills shine through! However, we won't disqualify for use of that song. We are still requesting no one use "I Hate Everything About You," though.

Again, sorry to have taken so long! If you (or anyone) need an extension on the deadline, feel free to ask! Best of luck!
Liliana
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question too. I have a vid that would fit to your contest. Problem: it's not a music video but a crossover trailer (Lost scences to the trailer of a real movie). Can I submit this in the contest or is it music videos only?

If you don't accept it I will submit it on LVI anyway, so it's no problem if you say that you only want music videos for your contest. Just wanted to ask...

Last edited by Liliana on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: