Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd link it. I've been thinking of linking fics here from LJ. Maybe soon
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Paradox (series) by falafel_fiction, pacejunkie and sapphire child. Desmond's interaction with the younger Charlie of 1996 lead to a paradox! A must read! Links to LJ.

Moments In Time by mrslinus17. Charlie analyses his time with Jack and Kate-The Original A Team Wonderfully emotionally and you really get inside Charlie's head! Links to LJ.

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel by mrslinus17. The Pace's fall apart at the news of Oceanic 815's sudden appearance at the bottom of the ocean. Brilliantly angsty and yay-Charlie/Liam! Links to LJ.

Come Back And Haunt Me by Charlies_hoodie. Miles reveals something shocking about Charlie. Links to LJ.

Haunted by me. Jack (currently close to insanity!) gets an unexpected visitor. Links to LJ.

Those are just random Charlie fics I decided to post. There are loads more here . And yes, it leads to LJ
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, sweet! I will have to read those when I get the chance (no time atm). I've read "Come Back and Haunt Me" and I loved it!

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! There are LOADS of fics written all the time at LJ I have a hard time keeping up with them most of the time! So yeah, enjoy the fics
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jemma! I read your fic "Haunted" and it's really good! The characterization was well done. It bugs me when people get them OOC. =P

icon by becca
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Elyse! Lol, yeah I know it bugs me too so I'm really glad I wrote them okay!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lizzie"]
Jemmz wrote:
Oh God, that's my fear too. That Claire will not be upset enough...If you've seen the season 4 promo there's like a split second of Hurley and Claire looking kind of pouty and sad, but that's it. I'm hoping for some EXCELLENT acting from Emilie and even though it's kinda evil, Claire better be really upset. Charlie's done everything for her and he deserves some appreciation. Thinking back I'm filled with memories of her not appreciating him enough and I hope she realises how much he loved her.

I don't ship Daire (though, I am writing a Chana/Daire fic) but I'm hoping Desmond will be a good friend to her. As some people here know already, I find Daire extremely disrespectful to Charlie but I'd like to see Des, Claire and Hurley become good frends.

Aw, it's just so sad that it has to be this way

I know what you mean about Claire not appreciating Charlie enough. He's done so much for her and even though sometimes he did go a bit out of line (like running away with Claire's baby) he was only doing these things to protect Claire and Aaron. We've never really seen Claire worry for Charlie apart from those few moments in the finale, so that's one of the reason I'm really hoping they play out Claire's reaction correctly. Like you said, I'm hoping to see some great acting from Emilie and I know she's got the potential to do so

quote]

Omg. All the things about Claire not being sad about Charlie's dead that realy happent in season 4.
Im so mad that Claire can't seem just a little bit more sad that he's dead. I mean he DIED for HER! Why can't she then show some emotions about he's dead I realy liked her in the other 3 seasons when she was with Charlie but now im a little mad that we don't see her that much enymore and that she dosen't care about Charlie being dead
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, she didn't know that he specifically died for her. Maybe at some point Desmond will explain the vision (and hopefully we finally understand why she's not one of the Oceanic 6 though she gets on the helicopters, because I'm really rooting and hoping that it's not DEATH). She knows that Charlie did a courageous thing to help get them rescued, but in the moments of grief, that can be a good foundation for blame ("Why did you have to do it? Why couldn't you let someone else?")

Plus, they are probably going to write her grief through the....I think five stages that you go through when grieving. Right now, she's probably in denial.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Omg. All the things about Claire not being sad about Charlie's dead that realy happent in season 4.
Im so mad that Claire can't seem just a little bit more sad that he's dead. I mean he DIED for HER! Why can't she then show some emotions about he's dead I realy liked her in the other 3 seasons when she was with Charlie but now im a little mad that we don't see her that much enymore and that she dosen't care about Charlie being dead

I know! Before the season started, I kinda jokingly predicted that Charlie would just be forgotten immediately like "Oh, Charlie's dead? Pity..." and I knew there's be some truth in it but I just wasn't prepared for this! I mean, eggtown was appalling. So I was right all the time when I was jokingly putting down the writing. They should be ashamed

Still hoping for a geniune "omg, Charlie's really gone and I really miss him!" reaction from Claire.

Quote:
Problem is, she didn't know that he specifically died for her. Maybe at some point Desmond will explain the vision (and hopefully we finally understand why she's not one of the Oceanic 6 though she gets on the helicopters, because I'm really rooting and hoping that it's not DEATH). She knows that Charlie did a courageous thing to help get them rescued, but in the moments of grief, that can be a good foundation for blame ("Why did you have to do it? Why couldn't you let someone else?")

Plus, they are probably going to write her grief through the....I think five stages that you go through when grieving. Right now, she's probably in denial.

I don't think they intend it to be denial. Usually people are overly happy and just acting weirdly. Claire was just acting like she hadn't a care in the world. Plus, no one asked her if she was okay like they didn't even expect her to be sad. They even had the cheek to make Claire ask Kate if she was okay for hardly any reason at all.

I still don't understand how Claire and Hurley didn't cotton on when Charlie was going on a particularly dangerous mission to the Looking Glass that he was purposely going to his death. They knew about Des' visions. Surely, it was obvious. O__o
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else thought that Claire saying Charlie's name was totally random and kind of a lame attempt by the writers?

She doesnt mention him for days and then all of a sudden she says "Charlie?"

I was like whatev. Nice try guys.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people act overly happy, some people don't.

The five stages of grief are:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depressing
Acceptance.

Acting overly happy or acting like nothing is wrong is similar to denial. It's a denial that nothing has changed. Charlie is still on his mission, he isn't dead, he'll be back soon. I will agree that noone asked, but for some, it's hard to just jump into another person's grief and ask if they're alright. The one person I would full blown expect to do it anyway, is Jack, but he hasn't. Also, as sucky as it is to say it, everyone's worrying about the freighters, and Locke, and Ben, and when are they going to get rescued and go home?

While Hurley knew of the visions, I don't think Claire did. I think she may have been suspicious, but nothing was revealed to her. Nobody told her that Charlie was going on a suicide mission, he told her plain and simple he was doing it to get them all rescued.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire knew about the visions, Desmond told her everything. That's when Claire told Charlie she "wasn't giving up on him". That lasted. >_>

Elle, was that in the newest episode? I haven't seen it yet O_o
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must've forgotten the convo between Des and Claire
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was in Par Avion when Desmond said that speech about Charlie breaking his neck getting a bird for her and he fell off the rocks and died So that's why I was confused. Why didn't she suspect something when she knew it was a dangerous mission? And he doesn't usually go on these things. That's when I thought she was in some sort of denial, tricking herself. But it's worn off now and I'm just through with making excuses. They better show some sort of grief from her soon. Maybe there's some in the new episode, what Elle said has me all confused
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Who else thought that Claire saying Charlie's name was totally random and kind of a lame attempt by the writers?

She doesnt mention him for days and then all of a sudden she says "Charlie?"

I was like whatev. Nice try guys.

When I watcht the episode I was realy happy. I hoped that it could be the start of her acutally being sad But now I don't know... I think it's a little... Well yeah ad you said... Very random
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: