Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, you will love my new fic then. I totally ship Chana! I love them together. They're snarky, sexy and fun. It's offisland and has Daire too. I wouldn't mind Daire in canon so much if Charlie was alive. It'd be alright if he was alive
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it any different if Charlie's alive or not (our of curiosity)? I mean, then Des would just be 'stealing' Claire away from him, but now that he's gone....he doesn't exactly have dibs, not to be disrespectful to his memory. But it's true. I can totally see Claire and Desmond becoming close friends because they both knew Charlie and were close with him in a way, and maybe that friendship will become something more. I can totally see her realyl being heartbroken over it too, and feeling guilty that she has this feeling, thus a little more PB&J-ness.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie died for Claire. He loved her and died for her so she could be rescued. Desmond is his friend, his best mate. The guy who's been telling him he's going to die for Claire. If Des and Claire were to hook up it would make me very upset at Desmond. Especially if it was right after Charlie's death.

If Charlie is alive (like he is in my fic) he hasn't sacrificed his own life for Claire and he's still free to do whatever. It might even make an interesting triangle and conflict (which of course it willl ) But if you died for someone and then your best friend who's been telling you about all these deaths hooked up with him/her within the space of a few months wouldn't you be upset? I would be. It's just better if everyone was alive, I wish the writers would realise that.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda get where you're coming from, but since Charlie died for Claire, she can never be with anyone he was friends with? What if she wanted to be with Hurley? They were good friends. I mean, if it were RIGHT after, or when he tells her about Charlie, yeah, that'd be weird...but after months of grieving for Charlie and becoming closer with Desmond...don't you think that Charlie would want Claire to be happy and taken care of? *is not really a Daire shipper - just interested in Jemma's answers*
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, she deserves to be happy and if she wants to be with Des then let it be so It's just Charlie died loving her and it kinda makes me sad. It's easy to say something like I just did and sounding like "No! She can never love again now! She can't be with anyone but Charlie!" but that's not the case. She most likely will fall in love again. She's young and pretty and deserves to be with someone. But with Des? It just bothers me..Desmond was the one telling Charlie he was going to die (most of the things were for Claire-the bird, the lightening, rescue) and it just seems disrespectful! I can imagine Des thinking "No, I can't do that to poor Charlie!"

Besides, what about Penny? O___o
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it was extremely realistic, I was just trying to understand your POV. I personally, have no problem with Daire happening, but I think you're right about Des. I still think that he is very much in love with Penny, and he probably would think that it was disrespectful to Charlie's memory to be with Claire...she, on the other hand, might not. Maybe at first, but not forever.

Honestly...I'm going to get murdered for this one, aren't I? Honestly, I don't think that Claire loved him. Is this a common thought among PB&J shippers, or am I the outcast? xD I think that Charlie definitely loved her, just like Sawyer definitely loves Kate...but I don't think the women really feel the same. I do think that Claire really really cared for him, but it was nothing as strong as love quite yet. She still had a few issues with this guy.

*cringes and steps out of thread for fear of being pelted with fruit*
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why there's alot of Claire hate among Charlie fans. She really acted unfair to him and didn't appreciate him enough. I love Claire but it's true she can be a real b*tch sometimes I'm not alone in thinking that. If you're making a PB&J video there's very little footage of them hugging or sitting along the beach together. It's kinda sad. But no, I'm not mad at you. I agree with you. If Claire was to move on so quickly though, it would only prove my point that she didn't appreciate him. That's why I'm hoping she'll show some true emotion and realise he did love her and care for her.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with the above. Although I think this said-hatred among Charlie fans might disappear when we watch Claire's reaction to the news that he died. Which is why i'm praying that they don't give us a disappointing reaction. & they've always disappointed, me at least, when it comes to PB&J so I think that they might ruin what we have been hoping for - a devestated reaction from Claire.

If she sobs her heart out, i'll be happy because it shows that she really did care for him afterall, and seeing as he's dead now, it's all we can pray for really.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. Although it will be sad she should be really upset, then we'll know how she really felt towards him. I would not like to see a unconvincing reaction and discover that Charlie's fans were more upset then her!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah exactly.

What do you guys think of Desmond's vision of Charlie dying in the Looking Glass? Because i'm a little confused now. I realised the other night that Desmond saw Charlie die in his vision, but didnt Desmond change fate by jumping down after him? Surely he would've seen himself down there too. And he would've seen Penny too.

It's just making me doubt that Claire doesnt get off the island and that the writers will make Charlie's death all for nothing, and then there'll be this big revenge storyline like the tried to make Hurley have Gah.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was all for nothing anyway seeing as it's "Not Penny's Boat" and Claire doesn't get rescued

Perhaps Des was there but couldn't see himself. Maybe the flashes were a little unclear? I read a fanfic though where Charlie was saved and the only reason he wasn't in the flash of Claire getting resuced was because he was getting his shoes!

That's another thing. He saw Claire getting on a helicopter! Why doesn't that happen? It wasn't because of Charlie because she wasn't rescued. If Des was lying when he was SURE it was Claire I'd be really angry at him
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Welcome to our world Just out of curiosity, what are your feelings on Lost now? Alot of the fans are deeply upset. It's a shame TV has to make us so depressed. After all, it has the power to put us in the happiest mood or the unhappiest mood, which Lost chose to put most of it's fans in. Well, the percentage who loved Charlie. Which is alot. You must be the 100th person who's claimed to have started watching Lost because of Dom That's amazing, it's like a cheat to kill his character off now. It's like, they hire him, take all his fans and then get rid of him. Shocking!

I cried all through Charlie's last lil moments. It's just not fair. I don't like that kind of stuff in real life, why should I have to feel so upset while watching a TV show I had thought was entertaining?

You know, I heard that before. Apparently the music that played was very similar to what played when he burned his drugs and saw the moth flying away. That got to alot of people. Then I also agree, it shouldn't be played for any other character. It's his song, it should only be played for him. Like Hurley, he has lots of music tracks just for him. I'm different, I'd hate to see him return in a flashback. I've said before, it's like an insult. Now, whenever I see Boone and Shannon in a flashback I roll my eyes and think, why bother? They're just dead now and will never be rescued. And I fear that's what I will feel when we see Charlie in a flashback, just ten times worse.
Spoiler:

For the record, I heard from the Fuse Dom and Maggie Grace are returning for a flashback of some sort. But that only makes me sad. I wish he would return in a flashforward like others at the Fuse and here have said.

The only thing we can do now is continue keeping Charlie alive in our creativity, art and minds. He still lives as long as we let him! It might make you feel better to write fanfic or make a vid, it helped me alot. I wrote LOTS of fanfic when he died and although it was sad (and even sent readers in to tears) it did help me quite a bit. And now, I'm concentrating on Charlielives! fics and that's making me feel alot better Don't worry, we all know how you feel *hugs* Just keep hoping

My feelings on Lost now...well, I'm going to keep watching. As long as Sawyer, Claire and Sun are alive, I will watch. If all three of these characters die, I will probably stop watching, but that's not likely to happen. I'm interested to see Season 4 but it's going to be so different and sad without Charlie. I'm going to be making Charlie and PB&J vids for sure and I am going to try and get more of him into the fanfic I'm working on.

Dom AND Maggie coming back for a flashback? SCORE! They're my favorite characters that have died and I love seeing Shannon come back and when Charlie comes back I'm going to scream and jump up and down, probably. Then my parents will think I'm even crazier than they already thought. I don't really think it's an insult...I think it's a good way to remember the characters we loved and have died. It's a way of showing how much the fans loved them. Like, I highly doubt they'll bother putting Nikki and Paulo in a flashback because they were so pointless and NO ONE liked them.

Well, I've been trying to cheer myself up by remembering Charlie's greatest *funny* moments:

The Whole Truth: "You looking at my bum?"

Further Instructions: "You do know I detest you, John?" (Pretty much ALL of Charlie's lines in this episode were hilarious.)

Born to Run: "This one's called 'Monster Eats the Pilot.'"

House of the Rising Sun: Charlie: You two ran away fantastically. I'm so glad my diversion saved you. I was only stung several hundred times. (holds out Kate's shirt) And someone left this.
Kate: It was full of bees...
Charlie: I'd have said C's. actually.

Just a few of my favorite Charlie quotes!

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it's kind of an insult for the reasons I stated above and because it will just piss me off more than I am already

Squee! I just love how that dude talks when he's being snarky. I talk like that sometimes and it sounds even more sarcastic because of my accent, hehe.

I know Dom was in this show I've seen over on the UK (a really old one from when he was a kid ) and I don't know the full plot but I think he and this lady "solve crimes" as it would seem. I've only seen a couple of episodes and I already knew the woman in it (in fact, I just watched an old programme with her in ) But I have some pics of him in the first ep and he looks really adorable:

aww. LOL. He's probably about a year or two older than us there, HRG.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's sooo cute! *hugs little!Dom* He's adorable! That totally put a smile on my face, Jemma. dom looks so young there. That show must be pretty old, since he's what, 30, now? *Dom fangirl dance*

art by me&tammy
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWWWW!! He's so cuuute! I want to huggle him. *huggles* Those are adorable pics!

icon by becca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: