Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, this thread is DEPRESSING! Come on, guys! Think about all the great HAPPY Charlie moments! What's YOUR favorite Charlie scene?

I have so many it's hard to pick just one...

I love the scene where he pretends he's going to give the gun to Ana, but then turns around and gives it to Sayid. He acted like such a badass in that episode, it was cute.

Umm...when Claire finally kissed him, loved that scene.

And the scene when Aaron was born and Jin held out his hand for Charlie to shake and Charlie just gave him a huge hug! He acted like a father, so adorable.

*Will be back with more but now must get off the computer*

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:
I'm really excited to see Season Three because it looks like there's a lot of him, actually being HAPPY! <3 Charlie Pace

Prepare yourself for some real angst too.

...I can't think of any great scenes from season three with Charlie and Claire. There just always seemed to be those little scenes with them at the tent where not much happened (relationship wise anyway...if you get what I mean O_O)

Spoiler:

And their last kiss was so upsetting

I do love the Charlie/Ana scenes though! Im a big fan of Chana, as is Cinthia! Wow, I've been a Chana fan for over a year now ^_^
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....with Charlie there usually comes angst. I get that. But there's always still his quirky cuteness to enjoy!

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

So. Adorable.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Greatest Hits again I should've have. The last Churley moment almost made me sob.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm brutally honest when I say I was crying my eyes out ALL THROUGH that ep. It wa so upsetting. I wish there had been another way to end that series.
Imaginary Peanut Butter
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so shocked when I found out he was being killed off. They've taken away a really big character, gonna have a big impact on the audience Dominic Monaghan was the reason I watched Lost in the first place
Lizzie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw I miss Charlie.

I rented out the whole boxset yesterday for a week, (I didn't want to buy it cos I'd probably end up wasting my money lol) and I've been watching it from the begining seeing as I've had to watch this whole season on a computer screen so it's nice to see it on a bigger screen But I was watching FBYE and I forgot how much I love this quote -

Charlie finishes playing his guitar to his little audience on the street and Desmond comes over and starts going on about how he remembers Charlie from the island and the computer and the hatch bla bla and Charlie's like "see this is why we don't do drugs". LOL it actually cracks me up everytime.

I love the guy.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Ah, S4 will be depressing.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things i'm most eager about is Claire's reaction to his death. They have to play it VERY carefully.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Lizzie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
One of the things i'm most eager about is Claire's reaction to his death. They have to play it VERY carefully.

I know, I'm worried about that scene too. Not because it's going to be sad but more because it won't be. I know Charlie meant alot to Claire but I just hope the writers show that and give Claire her own little scene where she finds out. If they do it right then it could be perfect, and I think they could really make it emotional.

I kind of hope Desmond tells her though, and comforts her . Aw I can just imagine her breaking down in his arms.

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, that's my fear too. That Claire will not be upset enough...If you've seen the season 4 promo there's like a split second of Hurley and Claire looking kind of pouty and sad, but that's it. I'm hoping for some EXCELLENT acting from Emilie and even though it's kinda evil, Claire better be really upset. Charlie's done everything for her and he deserves some appreciation. Thinking back I'm filled with memories of her not appreciating him enough and I hope she realises how much he loved her.

I don't ship Daire (though, I am writing a Chana/Daire fic) but I'm hoping Desmond will be a good friend to her. As some people here know already, I find Daire extremely disrespectful to Charlie but I'd like to see Des, Claire and Hurley become good frends.

Aw, it's just so sad that it has to be this way
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished watching S3 a couple days ago and I cried when Charlie died and came very close several times before that. Charlie saying "I love you," to Aaron, Charlie writing "The night I met you" on his Greatest Hits list, Desmond saying in Catch-22 that maybe it's not worth trying to save his life....those moments really got to me. I really want Claire to react properly when she finds out. She and Hurley deserve to get a scene for mourning Charlie. Even if they can't get his body, they should hold a memorial.

Charlie's death scene was soo emotional. They played the music that was kind of Charlie's theme...only all sad and slow. I hope we never hear that music again, because that was Charlie's music. I hope Charlie can continue to show up in flashbacks or dreams. When season four starts, I'm going to be scrutinizing the credits to see if I see Dominic Monaghan listed ... so then I know if we can see Charlie again.

I can't imagine Lost without Charlie. Dom was the reason I started watching Lost, and Charlie was a huge reason I kept watching. What will we do now?

(And now I too have sunk into the depressing mood of this forum...)

art by me&tammy
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our world Just out of curiosity, what are your feelings on Lost now? Alot of the fans are deeply upset. It's a shame TV has to make us so depressed. After all, it has the power to put us in the happiest mood or the unhappiest mood, which Lost chose to put most of it's fans in. Well, the percentage who loved Charlie. Which is alot. You must be the 100th person who's claimed to have started watching Lost because of Dom That's amazing, it's like a cheat to kill his character off now. It's like, they hire him, take all his fans and then get rid of him. Shocking!

I cried all through Charlie's last lil moments. It's just not fair. I don't like that kind of stuff in real life, why should I have to feel so upset while watching a TV show I had thought was entertaining?

You know, I heard that before. Apparently the music that played was very similar to what played when he burned his drugs and saw the moth flying away. That got to alot of people. Then I also agree, it shouldn't be played for any other character. It's his song, it should only be played for him. Like Hurley, he has lots of music tracks just for him. I'm different, I'd hate to see him return in a flashback. I've said before, it's like an insult. Now, whenever I see Boone and Shannon in a flashback I roll my eyes and think, why bother? They're just dead now and will never be rescued. And I fear that's what I will feel when we see Charlie in a flashback, just ten times worse.
Spoiler:

For the record, I heard from the Fuse Dom and Maggie Grace are returning for a flashback of some sort. But that only makes me sad. I wish he would return in a flashforward like others at the Fuse and here have said.

The only thing we can do now is continue keeping Charlie alive in our creativity, art and minds. He still lives as long as we let him! It might make you feel better to write fanfic or make a vid, it helped me alot. I wrote LOTS of fanfic when he died and although it was sad (and even sent readers in to tears) it did help me quite a bit. And now, I'm concentrating on Charlielives! fics and that's making me feel alot better Don't worry, we all know how you feel *hugs* Just keep hoping
Lizzie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Oh God, that's my fear too. That Claire will not be upset enough...If you've seen the season 4 promo there's like a split second of Hurley and Claire looking kind of pouty and sad, but that's it. I'm hoping for some EXCELLENT acting from Emilie and even though it's kinda evil, Claire better be really upset. Charlie's done everything for her and he deserves some appreciation. Thinking back I'm filled with memories of her not appreciating him enough and I hope she realises how much he loved her.

I don't ship Daire (though, I am writing a Chana/Daire fic) but I'm hoping Desmond will be a good friend to her. As some people here know already, I find Daire extremely disrespectful to Charlie but I'd like to see Des, Claire and Hurley become good frends.

Aw, it's just so sad that it has to be this way

I know what you mean about Claire not appreciating Charlie enough. He's done so much for her and even though sometimes he did go a bit out of line (like running away with Claire's baby) he was only doing these things to protect Claire and Aaron. We've never really seen Claire worry for Charlie apart from those few moments in the finale, so that's one of the reason I'm really hoping they play out Claire's reaction correctly. Like you said, I'm hoping to see some great acting from Emilie and I know she's got the potential to do so

I do ship Daire, even though I can see what you mean about the disrespectful sense, and I've said in another forum that if anything was to happen between them I would rather it not be straight away, as I would like to see Claire grieve over Charlie a bit more. I just personally see so much more chemistry between Des and Claire, and I would of loved Charlie to be with someone like Ana Lucia (tough, and someone who Charlie can be cheeky to, i love him that way), they were great But everyone's got their own opinions of course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: