Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those pics.

My favourite Charlie quote is:

Kate: Does anybody know how to use a gun?
Charlie: I think you just pull the trigger.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that's a great one too!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want his Drive Shaft ring.

#you aaaallllll everybodyyyyyyyyyyyy#

*appreciatesx100000*

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really miss Charlie He was automatically my favourite character. His relationship with Claire was just so sweet and innocent and I truthfully think he was a character I could relate to (Not that I am or was a drug addict of course )

Do you realise that when a character dies, it's not just that actor who's not on the show anymore it's EVERYONE who appears in their flashbacks too! NO MORE LIAM!

It's gonna be even more depressing without Charlie. And do you think Hurley's gonna crack a joke anytime soon? Claire and Hurley's characters will totally be ruined. Charlie was Claire's redemption too, she learnt to trust and love again. And with Libby gone, now Charlie how's Hurley gonna feel? Like it's his fault (the curse!)

I'm pretty pissed. I liked the idea of having an Englishman in the show and that's one of the ways I could relate to him even if it's a small thing.

I miss him so much

Last edited by Jemmz on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow...you know I figure Claire's character is going to be entirely side-lined but I didn't even really think about Hurley and the curse...

and no more Liam unless...*crosses fingers* he shows up in one of Claire's flashforwards... God I hope so...he was HOT!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam was an asshole. But a hot one!

*sigh* I miss Charlie too. And you make a good point about all the relationship he had gone. I've always enjoy the Locke-Charlie dynamic:

No more Sayid and Charlie:

No more Hurley and Charlie:

No more Desmond and Charlie:

No more Aaron and Charlie

No more B-team fun time.

And no more of them:

Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agree. Charlie was the heart of some of the B-Team action. Alot of things he did on the island will be missed. And who else particularly hangs out with Claire or Hurley? I personally hope those two will form a stronger friendship but still, there will be a rift in all the relationships/friendships.

It's just so sad
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a comment on my "You've got the music in you" vid at YT the other day, saying that we will never again get any of the Hurley/Charlie goodness.
This is true, unfortunately, and man, it sucks! Although I wasn't a Charlie fan during most of Season One and Two, I always loved the little moments they had together. They had such a wonderful, genuine friendship and I'm gonna miss that badly.

(Btw, Cinthia, I'm halfway through my PB&J vid and working on it is so much fun! Yay to light-hearted vids! I guess I'll post it here some time next week)
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kind of affected my viewing in the end cause I knew he was going to die so I just dreaded future scenes and episodes. I had a crying fit during Greatest Hits because I thought he was going to die in that episode. But I cry very easily. Still, whenever I see a Claire/Charlie or Hurley/Charlie scene I take that scene much more seriously then when I first saw it. I feel so sorry for Claire and Hurley. I don't want to see those characters (who just seemed to become the happiest they had ever been) destroyed by grief.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay!!!! You're half-way through!! I cannot wait to see it. And the song you're using, my boyfriend bought it last week on iTunes! Talk about coincidence! it a sign.

Jemmz... you're so right that watching previous episodes featuring Charlie is painful.... I had problems watching Boone and Shannon's scenes from season 1 and I wasn't a big fan of them!!

I'm thinking of that moment at the end of Par Avion where Claire said that she's not giving up on Charlie and they'll get through this together. It was such a heart-warming scene to watch, full of hope and now it depressing. Same thing with Tricia Tanaka is Dead. Hurley's 'Stop feeling sorry for yourself because someone told you you were going to die' don't seem so funny anymore. I guess you cannot make your own luck Hurley.

And Karolina, I watched "You got the music in you" the other day and I was crying. It's supposed to be a feel good vid!!! I'm such a masochist. okay, I'm off to watch again.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true. Everything Claire said 'I've got given up on you, Charlie.' I don't know, it doesn't really mean as much anymore. Because he's gone. And though she didn't really 'give up' on him it just doesn't mean the same thing.
And yeah Hurley's little speech to Charlie and making your own luck. Does that mean Hurley's doomed to his curse as we are to our fates? I've discussed this several times and I still don't understand why the writers brought in such an issue as to whether we are in charge of our own fates and futures and the show has told us we're not.

And of course, it makes it harder to vid. The first time I tried I replayed a clip i wanted to use and it was where Charlie crossed himself and I didn't notice that the first time so I just burst out crying. It may be me just being silly but for a little while I kind of liked to believe the show had some kind of reality and something like this could happen but now I don't wish that because they've turned it in to a horrible reality full of deaths. That wasn't what the show was about originally. I always love season one the best because that's where it all began and the initial idea was still in place even though we lost Boone I hope the writers really sit down and think about what would be best for their viewers.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
yay!!!! You're half-way through!! I cannot wait to see it. And the song you're using, my boyfriend bought it last week on iTunes! Talk about coincidence! it a sign.

Did he? Yay, that's cool!! It's such a sweet song. The first time I heard it I was like "Oooh, this is so PB&Jish!!" right away. I hope the vid will be good. After the hard time the dark and sad PB&J has given me (...one day... ), I really want my second attempt to be good.

Quote:
I'm thinking of that moment at the end of Par Avion where Claire said that she's not giving up on Charlie and they'll get through this together. It was such a heart-warming scene to watch, full of hope and now it depressing.

Yeah, it was indeed such a bitter-sweet, simply wonderful moment. One of my favourite moment is when Aaron touches Charlie's face with his little hands and Charlie says "I love you". That was heart-breaking! Aaron wasn't even his own son, but Charlie always cared about him as if he was. Poor little turniphead, being without Charlie now

Quote:
And Karolina, I watched "You got the music in you" the other day and I was crying. It's supposed to be a feel good vid!!! I'm such a masochist. okay, I'm off to watch again.

If you're a masochist, then I'm, too, that's for sure. I cannot stop watching Snape or Snape/Lily vids, although they don't really make me feel better. I guess that's that kind of thing you have to go through to get over it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
And of course, it makes it harder to vid. The first time I tried I replayed a clip i wanted to use and it was where Charlie crossed himself and I didn't notice that the first time so I just burst out crying.

I'm totally with you here. I was crying all the way through making How It Ends. I felt kinda silly afterwards but it just sorta... well... happened.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always feel silly when cry about this because he's a fictional character. But he's been portrayed to be real. I cannot get over how beautiful your How It Ends video was. I downloaded the song because I love it and it always makes me think of Charlie.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you!! It is indeed such a great, meaningful song and it was just so perfect (in a very sad way) for Charlie.

Btw, do you have a thread here at the LVI or a website where I can see your fanart?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: