Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Wonderwall" by cylune
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: "Wonderwall" by cylune Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Wonderwall" 05-29-2007
Desmond keeps saving Charlies life but in the end, it was Charlie who became Desmonds wonderwall
Song: Wonderwall by Ryan Adams
Vidder: cylune
Length: 4:12 (18MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOdMwjFlqSk
http://www.zshare.net/video/205389989175eb/

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! You made it!!! that was soo incredibly moving and beautiful Cynthia! Although as a song prefer the oasis version, this version was so much more appropriate to the story. You kept me totally captivated the whole time! not once did I look away from the screen, and ive probably watched it 20 times on youtube! You interpreted the lyrics wonderfully! I loved at the end you had Charlie and Desmond looking at each other through the glass, and the flashes of Charlie picking him up. soo beautiful!!! Amazing job!!!
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww
Thanks for making this video. It was well worth the wait. I really loved that you went with the Ryan Adams cover. It made it more interesting and added a lot more depth. Nothing you did in this video was too cheesy or cliche. It was really inspiring and touching. I know charlie meant a lot to you and this was a great way to pay homage to his character.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

Wow AMAZING!! I don't think that I will ever be able to make a video about Charlie's death, it makes me too upset. I loved it event if it made me cry.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that had to be so hard for you to do, especially since you've been planning this one for so long and this was certainly not the outcome that you wanted! But you did a breath-takingly beautiful job with it, just a perfect homage to Charlie and his brave and heroic actions!

The ending was just gorgeous! Out of all of the final shots you could've picked, ending on Des watching Charlie fade back into the water (instead of on Charlie himself) just was so right. In the end, it really was Charlie who became Desmond's wonderwall instead of the other way around.

Just beautiful! *hugs*
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much guys for the fast (!!!) comments!

wolffootball37 wrote:
Although as a song prefer the oasis version, this version was so much more appropriate to the story.
Absolutely! I adore this version by Ryan Adams but I prefer the Oasis one. However, the original version is a little too upbeat and wouldn't be appropriate for the sad turn this story took. Thanks so much for the nice comment here and at youtube Trey!

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
Nothing you did in this video was too cheesy or cliche.
That means to world to me. I did this vid without using my usual gimmicks...I love to work with special effects but the only ones I use in this vid are some color adjustment and the soft borders. In a way, I thought the simplicity of it would work better. I was afraid people would find it boring... glad it wasn't so for you!

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
I don't think that I will ever be able to make a video about Charlie's death, it makes me too upset.
That's what I thought too after watching the finale but Lostaway and Kaja's tributes inpired me. I hope you'll be about to make another vid about Charlie... Thanks for the nice comment! Sorry I made you cry again.

Aislynn wrote:
The ending was just gorgeous! Out of all of the final shots you could've picked, ending on Des watching Charlie fade back into the water (instead of on Charlie himself) just was so right. In the end, it really was Charlie who became Desmond's wonderwall instead of the other way around.
That's certainly not the outcome I had imagined... I was sure that little Charlie was going to beat the universe. However I have no merit picking the last shot... I don't think I'll ever be able to use the last scene of Charlie crossing himself before dying.

Thank you so much for all the encouragements over the last few months over this vid. Very much appreciated. That first "Non-Request thread ever" was a lot of fun!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

Wow! I'm not usually one to really love slow vids, but I couldn't take my eyes off this. BEAUTIFUL!!! Cinthia, I know he was your fav and this is just a perfect tribute to Charlie. *hugs*
monkeycatrabbit

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will miss charlie!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

OMG Cinthia, that was just B-E-A-UTIFUL. I'm gonna miss Charlie so much and i cried again after watching his death scene on your video. When i cried when i watched the episode on my laptop and then i cried again on sunday when i watched the eppy. It was a brilliant Tribute and beautifully done
Jennabee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

Wow! Just beautiful!
I'd never heard this version of the song, but it fits perfectly - it has a sad and almost haunting quality.
This is a wonderful tribute to Charlie. Very moving.
DoctorsPatient
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video was so sweet! A perfect tribute to Charlie ... I made a wonderwall video a while ago ... but I think this one was so much better!

Last edited by DoctorsPatient on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
buffyfan145
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Wonderwall by cylune Reply with quote

Wow!!! That video was prefect!!! I'm in tears right now. It's so sad, but it's beautifully made. I'm going to miss Charlie so much and this does great to his memory.
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so pleased that you've finally made this.
You did a really great job with it.
I prefer the Oasis version of the song but this this one was much more fitting and really bittersweet.
A great tribute to Charlie's death. I know how much you loved him *hugs*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jellyfrog

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This makes me cry. Every. Single. Time.

I think I forgot to tell you before that I love the part where it says "By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do" just as Desmond decides he has to save Charlie from the arrow. Because I always knew he would save Charlie there, but he didn't know it until then. It's really amazing how you can pace it to match up with the lyrics so well.

I've never actually heard the Oasis version of the song, but I love this one. It's perfect for the story. So sad.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather - Thanks! I know you're not into slower vids but I'm so glad I was able to keep your interest. Yep, Charlie was my favorite and I'll miss him... I've been rooting for the little guy for 3 years and I didn't think the death of a fictional character would affect me so much.

monkeycatrabbit - Thanks! I'll miss Charlie too. The show won't be the same without him.

Charlie - so sorry you've been crying so much. (you were not alone. ) Thanks for the very nice comment.

leyosura - I had never heard this version before but KC had it in a fanmix and I really thought it was more appropriate. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

buffyfan145 - Thanks! Sorry I made you cry. (nah!!! That was my intention from the start. I feel as cruel as the writers)

Ashleigh - Thanks so much! Yep, finally made it after months of saying I would. wish I could have used the Oasis version...

jelly!!!!! I'm so glad you noticed that part... yep, I thought that the plot in catch-22 fitted really well with that part of the song. Thank you so much again for that wonderful graphic and the constant encouragement. I love you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: