Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"My Sacrifice" by wolffootball37
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: "My Sacrifice" by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"My Sacrifice" 05-27-2007
Vid about Desmonds many sacrifices hes had to make in his life.
Song: My Sacrifice by Creed
Vidder: wolffootball37
Length: 4:14 (58.2MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWmhTRSrDbM
NEW DOWNLOAD(11/01/07): http://www.zshare.net/video/4609928813d689/

Last edited by wolffootball37 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I looooooooved the beat use and all of the cool moments of seeing Penny or Penny and Des in the various photographs! *applause* I was particularly fond of the shot pulling up the Hatch where we saw Penny on the phone! *more applause* And the ending was just totally cool! Bravo! I totally enjoyed it!
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, love it Trey!!! Awesome beat-use!!! The little clips within the photos are great. Nice job
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That zooming up the hatch part was a wow moment right there. Great job I loved all the quick shots with the different colors it worked really well with the beat use. I really liked all the different split screens of Desmond you put together aswell as the photo manips. Just a really awesome vid from you Trey
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing beat use - completely flawless I love Desmond as a character and this video was such a great portrayal of him I loved the scenes through the photos - very clever WELL DONE

Last edited by DoctorsPatient on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for a second....

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!

Ok, I'm alright again. That's my typical reaction to well-made Desmond vids, so...

Anyway, this is once again a fantastic vid from you, Trey! Love it!!! The beat use and the quick shots work perfectly here and this is one of the very few cases were I actually liked the extreme zooming.
More importantly though, you did a great job on the interpretation of the lyrics (I had a big grin on my face when you showed the computer screen to the lines "I just want to say hello again"... nice!!). The song is great for Desmond and Penny.

Awesome vid, Trey!! Can I be your fangirl?

Last edited by KajaM on Mon May 28, 2007 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for you wonderful comments I was worried no one was going to like it!

Aislynn- SQEEE!!! I’m so glad you liked it!!! I’m glad you liked the beat use, youtube really screwed up allot of the timing, especially at the end, zhare link is much better. I’m glad you liked the photographs. That part was really inspired by you, using different gimmicks in your vids. I just thought, what could I do to make vid a little bit unique. I’m really glad you liked the ending, It was 3 in the morning and I was almost finished. I just needed something that tied up both the penny story and Charlie’s story, so that moment in the middle with Charlie’s death wasn’t totally random. The idea was very spontaneous, and I was very unsure if it would work, im glad you liked it though, thanks again for commenting!!!

Izzy- thank you Sir Izzy!!! I’m glad you liked the beat use and the clips within the photos. Working that part was a very organic process actually, I first had the clip inside the photo cut around the edges and the thumb, and when I kept having to move it every second, I was like cant I just cut out the photo…duh!!! I’m glad you enjoyed it though! Thanks for the comments!

Paul- PAUL!!! Thanks for the comments! I’m thrilled you liked the zooming up in the hatch! When making it, I knew for that moment I wanted like a kind of cliff hanger moment, like one would be in the show. Since I was using the suicidal/faith scene, and I had used all the various moments of Des seeing penny, and I just love the “going down the hatch” scene(I think it’s the 3rd video ive used it in!) I thought it would be a cool idea if he saw penny instead of Locke. I’m glad you got a kick out of it! I’m glad you liked the shots of color, that was a very very fun part to do, manipulating the colors and whatnot. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks again though for the idea. I’m sorry it took so long to get it out. Thanks again!

DoctersPatient- Thank you very much! I’m glad you liked the video! Desmond is such an amazing character! Its so fun to make a vid about him because he just has so many stories and there so many ways you could go with his character! Thanks again for your comments!

Karolina- Thank you sooooo very much for your great comments!!! I’m truly thrilled you thought it was well made! Thanks for commenting on the beat use, I try so hard to get it right, but not to use too much. Like I think after my first video, with zero to none beat use, ive tried to be a beat use Nazi, but watching allot of vids from you and allot of other people, I realized I don’t need to beat on every syllable (like I did in Ballads) for it to be enjoyable. I’m still trying to find a happy median. But between my last one and this one I’ve watched a ton of vids from all of you guys and it really inspired me and helped me out allot on making my vidding skills improve. I’m glad you liked the hello part. That whole part where he’s seeing images of penny was pretty spontaneously done, I actually got the idea from pauls vid “Space Oddity” where at the end the computer says “Desmond” thanks again for your amazing comments, yes of course you can be my fan girl, but only if I can be your fan boy!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: My Sacrifice by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

Very impressive special effects and great story. Great beat use too! Loved the zoom in on the picture...
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Thanks for commenting on the beat use, I try so hard to get it right, but not to use too much. Like I think after my first video, with zero to none beat use, ive tried to be a beat use Nazi, but watching allot of vids from you and allot of other people, I realized I don’t need to beat on every syllable (like I did in Ballads) for it to be enjoyable. I’m still trying to find a happy median. But between my last one and this one I’ve watched a ton of vids from all of you guys and it really inspired me and helped me out allot on making my vidding skills improve.

You're learning really fast. It's simply amazing! It took me ages to get a feeling for the right beat use. At the moment, for example, I'm working on a vid to a really fast-paced song and it's sooo difficult to get the beat use right. You never stop learning, I guess.
Learing by watching other people's vids closely is indeed a good way. I learned so much by analyzing other vids and asking the vidders how they did certain effects.

Quote:
yes of course you can be my fan girl, but only if I can be your fan boy!

Yep, no problem with that on my part.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
wolffootball37 wrote:
Thanks for commenting on the beat use, I try so hard to get it right, but not to use too much. Like I think after my first video, with zero to none beat use, ive tried to be a beat use Nazi, but watching allot of vids from you and allot of other people, I realized I don’t need to beat on every syllable (like I did in Ballads) for it to be enjoyable. I’m still trying to find a happy median. But between my last one and this one I’ve watched a ton of vids from all of you guys and it really inspired me and helped me out allot on making my vidding skills improve.

You're learning really fast. It's simply amazing! It took me ages to get a feeling for the right beat use. At the moment, for example, I'm working on a vid to a really fast-paced song and it's sooo difficult to get the beat use right. You never stop learning, I guess.
Learing by watching other people's vids closely is indeed a good way. I learned so much by analyzing other vids and asking the vidders how they did certain effects.

Quote:
yes of course you can be my fan girl, but only if I can be your fan boy!

Yep, no problem with that on my part.

Thank you very much Karolina! that means allot comming from such a talanted vidder as you!

Cynthia- thanks for the comments! im glad you liked the story. Its a relief you did, because i was afried i didnt make it clear enough or too random. Thanks agian!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: My Sacrifice by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

Awesome! Great effects & beat use!
azzurra13
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: My Sacrifice by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

great vid:) plus, I love this song:)
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Uruviel and Azzurra13! im glad you liked the vid!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
I’m glad you liked the photographs. That part was really inspired by you, using different gimmicks in your vids. I just thought, what could I do to make vid a little bit unique. I’m really glad you liked the ending, It was 3 in the morning and I was almost finished. I just needed something that tied up both the penny story and Charlie’s story, so that moment in the middle with Charlie’s death wasn’t totally random. The idea was very spontaneous, and I was very unsure if it would work, im glad you liked it though, thanks again for commenting!!!

Awwww, I feel very honored for you to say that! *blush* I'm so glad if I could contribute something, even indirectly!

You know, sometimes those spontaneous ideas turn out to be the very best! It really did tie up the ending so nicely and just felt "right," IMO! *saves from zshare link*

KajaM wrote:
Awesome vid, Trey!! Can I be your fangirl?

*waves hand excitedly* Ooo, me too! Me too! Can I be your fangirl, too?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands off my girls Trey!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: