Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How It Ends" by KajaM
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: "How It Ends" by KajaM Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"How It Ends" 05-27-2007
A little video tribute to Charlie Pace including some of my favourite Charlie and PB&J moments. May he rest in peace!
Song: How It Ends by Devotchka
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 4:29 (16MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.imeem.com/kajam83/video/bgheokVJ/kajam-how-it-ends-charlie-pace-lost-art-video/
http://showyourvids.ning.com/video/how-it-ends-charlie-lost

Last edited by KajaM on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just killed me. I'll write a decent review when I stop crying like a baby.

Merci.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina, that was gorgeous. Thank you so much for doing that vid---I know it says its for Cin, but seriously, that just made me feel heaps better about his death. *big squishy hugs*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My soul just shriveled up and died. That so heartbreaking and beautiful.
SunnyD
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: How It Ends by KajaM Reply with quote

Oh God, I wanna bawl like a baby after that.

Thank you for making that.
Liliana
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: How It Ends by KajaM Reply with quote

Another great video of yours. Charlie wasn't my favourite character but I was sad, that he had to die. Your video sums up all the best scences of him. Plus I really looove that song - I wondered when anybody would do a vid with it. It's perfect for this Charlie vid.

Last edited by Liliana on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, guys! *hugs for everyone*

I did this vid in two days only (I usually never vid that fast!)... meaning that I worked on it for hours and hours and didn't get a lot of sleep.

I'm more than happy that you liked it. I had tears in my eyes, too, while making this vid, especially during all the "Best of Charlie" moments.

Cinthia, I wanted to give Charlie (and his fans) a decent vid to honour him and to say goodbye. I hope I managed to do so.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: How It Ends by KajaM Reply with quote

Hey Liliana, I think we just cross-posted, that's why I didn't see your comment at first. Thank you so much!!

Liliana wrote:
Plus I really looove that song - I wondered when anybody would do a vid with it. It's perfect for this Charlie vid.

Thanks! I also looove this song and that's why I did the vid so fast... I was afraid someone else would come up with this idea before me. *is paranoid*
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video was so beautiful and the music fit it perfectly. Fantastic job and I love the colouring effects - they looked really deep. Ohh I cried so much! Charlie was one of my favorite characters! That was the perfect tribute!

Last edited by DoctorsPatient on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww what a beautiful job. I'm like Cinthia kinda speechless after such a moving vid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, after watching it 10 times, I think I can come-up with a semi-coherent comment...

First, the music is beautiful and so appropriate for Charlie. I think you were right to be scared about someone using it too because it's just perfect.

I must admit that I started sobbing when I saw the "For Cinthia"... and I didn't stop for a few minutes. That's a good thing my boyfriend wasn't near because he would have thought I was nuts.

The beginning with the piano washing up to sea is so beautiful, poetic and a metaphor for what's in the end is going to happen to Charlie - he's going to drown in the ocean. A beautiful image.

I love how you shown Charlie's religious side and how he trusted God and put his fate into God's hands. The way you told the story, it was like a gift that Charlie was told beforehand that he was going to die so that he could say proper good-buys to the people he loved.

So, so many moving moments... my favorites:

Charlie walking away from Claire and Aaron to the 'You already know' lyrics, Charlie hugging Hurley and watching him go away.

At 1:08, the the music kicks up a notch and you presented us with the most, happiest moments in Charlie's life... I have no words. God, I'm crying again!!!! (those are good tears!) Charlie remembering his life as water surrounds him...

And you couldn't finish the video on a more appropriate note... the bird flying away, representing hope, representing that Charlie's sacrifice will get them rescued. (well, that the way I interpreted it!)

Thank you so much for doing this. I feel better about Charlie's death now.

And here's what some friends of mine had to say...

Quote:
Tell your friend Karolina that that was so beautiful, and so very sad.

Quote:
Lune, that vid. Kaja is so talented. What a perfect song and it all felt so complete in a way that the show didn't. The story she told with the video really made it seemed like this was destined to happen from the very beginning. I don't believe for a minute it actually was, but Kaja managed to spin in into a beautiful yet tragic story. I'm speechless.

Quote:
Oh my God, cylune that video was beautiful. That made me cry. Again. Dammit.

Quote:
Oh man oh man oh man.

That was so sweet of Kaja.

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was great I love the way You made it and the song was really amazing....gonna miss Charlie..
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karolina, that was a wonderfull tribute to charlie! the song was amazingand moving, the clips were perfict. loved all the imagrey you used also. just a beautifull beautifull vid, im supprised it only took you 2 days, it seemed like it took you a while because it was so well made, i couldnt make anything this beautifull in 2 days,(or 2 years even!) awsomeness!!!

Last edited by wolffootball37 on Mon May 28, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for that, this weekend i've been watching a lot of Charlie vids about his death trying to find one that dosen't make me so sad. None of them compare to this it made me cry but in a good way.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! They made me really, really happy!

wolffootball37 wrote:
im supprised it only took you 2 days, it seemed like it took you a while because it was so well made, i couldnt make anything this beautifull in 2 days,(or 2 years even!) awsomeness!!!

Thanks Trey!! Well, I'm really surprised myself that it took me just two days. Usually, I need about two or three, sometimes four weeks to make a vid. I didn't sleep too much during those two days, but I simply couldn't stop working on the vid.

Btw, rendering the vid was the biggest pain ever.. it took more than two hours!! I guess my old crappy computer can't handle the colouring effects too well.

Lostwithoutdom wrote:
Thank you so much for that, this weekend i've been watching a lot of Charlie vids about his death trying to find one that dosen't make me so sad. None of them compare to this it made me cry but in a good way.

Thank you!! That's great to hear because that's what I wanted to achieve: That people are sad in a good way after watching this vid. I really loved Charlie during this season and that's why I wanted to show his good ad happy moments.

cylune wrote:
First, the music is beautiful and so appropriate for Charlie. I think you were right to be scared about someone using it too because it's just perfect.

It's a beautiful song, isn't it? I can't stop listening to it. Too bad that I had to cut it down so much but the whole song is about 7 minutes!

Quote:
The beginning with the piano washing up to sea is so beautiful, poetic and a metaphor for what's in the end is going to happen to Charlie - he's going to drown in the ocean. A beautiful image.

Thanks!! I wasn't sure whether to use it for the beginning or the end of the vid. I didn't want it to look like a copy of Holly's wonderful "Total eclipse of the heart" vid, but the scene of Claire and Charlie letting the bird fly away was so much better for the end.

Quote:
I love how you shown Charlie's religious side and how he trusted God and put his fate into God's hands. The way you told the story, it was like a gift that Charlie was told beforehand that he was going to die so that he could say proper good-buys to the people he loved.

You know, although I'm not religious myself, that has always been a point I really liked about Charlie, his strong belief in God. And since "How It Ends" has such a religious touch it's a great song for Charlie. It would've worked for Eko, too, I think.

Thank you for posting your friends' comments, too, Cinthia. Please tell them that I'm really happy that they liked and enjoyed it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: