Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x22 Through The Looking Glass Season Finale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene, please don't call Charlie stupid. Desmond saw Penny on the monitor. Desmond doesn't know Mikael is about to blow out the window. There was nothing Charlie could have done to keep Desmond away from that room except locking it from the inside. Please don't call Charlie stupid for saving Desmond's life. Also, I think Charlie believed he truly had to die to save Claire and Aaron.

As for Jack off the island and his state of mind... I don't really care at this point. The only thing I want to see on this show is:

- Sayid reuniting with Nadia
- Desmond reuniting with Penny
- But most of all, Claire and Aaron, saved and happy off the island.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My emotions were like a rollercoaster in this episode. I screamed, I cried and I laughed. I didn't know I could do all that in 80 minutes!

I can't really be bothered to write a long review, so i'll just bullet point it:

- I cried when Charlie died. I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. He sacrificed himself because he knew that it was what he had to do so his friends could get rescued. He IS a hero.

- Poor Jack, he's a train wreck. The last, uh, futureback(?) was amazing! I thought they wanted us to think it was Kate, and it wasn't going to be, but it was! Guh. It was just WOW. Evie's outfit made her look like someone out of Buffy. I recon the person who died was Locke. It would make sence. Jack is so affected by his death because he is the one who tried to keep him on the island (and Jack want's to be on the island)

- Jack's beard.. uh no.

- WALT? WHAAT?

- Ben was telling the truth! I expected him to be lying again. So if it wasn't Penny's boat, then why did Naomi have that picture of Desmond and Penny?

- Hurley is actually love. And i'm so glad Sawyer shot Tom. Cos a) I like bad Sawyer, and b) I didn't trust him either. But no! No Tack! THEY DIDN'T GET TO CONFESS THEIR LOVE FOR EACHOTHER!!!!! Speaking of love-confession.. aw!

k.. done. Need a wizz.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to copycat Elle and write down some of the big points:

- Charlie was amazing in this episode. The way he got Desmond get away with hiding, the way he got Bonnie to reveal the code, the way he worked the code. When I saw Mikal in that window with the grenade, it broke my heart. I was so glad that Desmond and Charlie both tried to save each other because it really says a lot about the friendship they achieved, but, ultimately, I was heartbroken when Charlie died. The music they played didn't help cheer me up either since it was so beautiful. I just hope Desmond was able to understand Charlie's message about the boat and Penny.

- I called the flashforwards from the first one they played. I don't know why, but I did. I thought it was a really cool idea for the writers to pursue. It's like all the fanfiction in the world, complied into canon! (KC, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the writers stole your ideas!) I hope this opens up a lot of possibilities for the remainder of the show.

- Warren, I love your Sawyerus reference!!! Though I do think that Sawyer was right in killing Tom because Tom was already have second thoughts about shooting into the sand - he wanted to kill Sayid and co! Speaking of Sayid and co., I was literally scared to death when I thought Sayid and Jin were dead.

- JAWYER reference! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

- Hurley is made of awesome! Who would've thought to go back to the van! And he saved the day! Gosh, I *heart* him so much now.

- I can't believe Ben was telling the truth! But I can't blame Jack for not believing either Ben or Locke since both characters have had their ulterior motives all along. Too bad Locke wasn't able to blow up the remote when it was on the ground.

- I have this theory that Penny send out the Portugese men by the helicopter (thus having Catch 22 in a different language and Des/Penny photo), but Naomi and her people took over the plane.

Final notes:

1. Please come back to watching Lost, Jen! I know they've killed off Charlie, but you might find some other reason to watch! *hopeful*
2. My sympathies goes out to all the Charlie lovers. At least we know he died in a noble manner!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I JUST CLICKED!

All the way through the episode I was thinking I knew Bonnie from somewhere, and then I suddenly realised! She was from the first ever episode of Angel!

In Angel back in '99

Last night

Josh also appeared in that episode:

Normal Sawyer..

VAMPIRE SAWYER! URRG ARRG!

Ok i'm done with the Angel stuff now. So yeah LOST, phwoar..

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to give a big round of applause to the producers, for giving me a nice big let down, and totally fucking up Lost. That was a nice big shark jumper, well done, well done...

Can't fault the actors, I blame the writers. Foxy absolutely nailed it, hope he can escape this to better things now really.

Charlie's death was a total and utter waste. Complete lack of realism. Mikael not dying, total lack of realism and FFS gimme a break. How do they think I'm gonna take this show seriously when someone won't die?
The flash forward stuff was alright, until the end where they just made it a complete joke. If they got rescued Kate will be in jail, it has to happen.

The beach stuff went down pretty well overall, was surprising though the start of it was meh. Hurley being a hero though was awesome, and Sawyer just putting a round straight in Tom's chest was ace. Sayid breaking that guys neck was good as well, Jin capping some people. Some good stuff.
The hike was fine apart from not beating Ben to death, which you would do, again until the end. WTF was that from Locke? Throwing the knife and threatening Jack etc, WTF. Once again Locke ruins it completely, just like he did in season 2 with all his fate crap.
The underwater station was alright, until the complete lack of realism and utter waste of a character. For christs sake is a pressure door. What is it designed for? Sealing off flooded areas to prevent the entire vessel flooding. All he had to do was run out and lock it. Though it's sad, all it's done is make me angry. Really really angry.

Fuck Lost. I won't be worrying about the wait till February thats for sure...

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right

Last edited by Noj on Thu May 24, 2007 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Izzy94 wrote:
Oh dear god, an evil mind like Elle's + a perveted one like Paul's would make some scary baby... *hides in corner*...

you're my second choice izzy.

Aww! SECOND??!!... i'm dissapointed... you chose Paul over me...

Overall, good ep, Charlie's death was really sad... He's a hero! \o/

I felt sorry for Hurley when Sawyer told him not to come, he got 'pushed away' by Charlie and Sawyer, because of his size... (Even though both times, it was to protect him).

I have no idea what's coming next

*EDIT* If he didn't shut the door, Desmond would of rushed past him, into the room towards the screen where Penny was (which was very close to the grenade), therefore, Desmond could of got hurt. He would probably get backup, and would keep trying to get back towards the screen... which might end up with someone dying... atleast, I think
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried like a running faucet after Lost was over lastnight... and then I had to go to work today... and for 8 hours had to keep my feelings in check... I mean I came close to crying again at work.
So I come in this thread and read through all the posts and the tears just come pouring out of me.
I am so very angry.... sad... I just want to scream! I will NEVER NEVER understand their logic for killing him off.

Charlie had so much potential and their were so many untold stories to be told with him and with Claire and Aaron.

I too was angry at why he just didn't shove Desmond out with him and close the door behind him... Yes I know Des saw Penny... but Charlie had the time to explain to Des what was really going on.
Charlie was a hero ... I just wish the writers didn't give up on him.

But .... this morning I was talking with my sister and in my desperate attempt to come up with any storyline where Charlie comes back in the last season and he didn't really die... I came up with this idea that Michael rescues him from the water and is able to revive him (this without the knowledge of Desmond) ... I mean really WTF are Michael and Walt??? I don't believe that they really went "HOME"... I kept thinking back in Season 1 ... how long was Charlie hanging from that tree before Kate and Jack found him. If I remember right Jack said to Kate "He's not breathing" ... if it weren't for Jack pounding on him ... so isn't it still possible for Charlie to be revived??? Is it possible that if they were to bring Michael back in to the storyline for the last season that a storyline could be possible... I don't know it would have to mean Michael were in that exact spot... but then again we really don't know what him and Walt have been up to... maybe they are HOME... I know Charlie is dead ... but there is just this huge part of me that just can't accept it's really true...

I'm going to really miss him

Cinthia~ *BIG HUG*

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, Elle, someone on Livejournal said the same thing about Bonnie and I didn't believe them, but those two pictures really do look alike. She was so beautiful in Angel... well, I guess the makeup helped.

*waves to vampire!Josh Holloway*

Sheree wrote:
But .... this morning I was talking with my sister and in my desperate attempt to come up with any storyline where Charlie comes back in the last season and he didn't really die... I came up with this idea that Michael rescues him from the water and is able to revive him (this without the knowledge of Desmond) ... I mean really WTF are Michael and Walt??? I don't believe that they really went "HOME"... I kept thinking back in Season 1 ... how long was Charlie hanging from that tree before Kate and Jack found him. If I remember right Jack said to Kate "He's not breathing" ... if it weren't for Jack pounding on him ... so isn't it still possible for Charlie to be revived??? Is it possible that if they were to bring Michael back in to the storyline for the last season that a storyline could be possible... I don't know it would have to mean Michael were in that exact spot... but then again we really don't know what him and Walt have been up to... maybe they are HOME... I know Charlie is dead ... but there is just this huge part of me that just can't accept it's really true..

I don't know about Charlie not being dead, but I would love it if Dominic continues making appearances like Boone does (in dream sequences, flashbacks, etc!) He'll be missed!
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask a Question ?

If Jacks flashes were flash forwards ... how could he say go up and see if my dads more drunk than i am and if he is you can fire me

his dads dead or is he alive now too ?

or am i missing something
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
xgene, please don't call Charlie stupid. Desmond saw Penny on the monitor. Desmond doesn't know Mikael is about to blow out the window. There was nothing Charlie could have done to keep Desmond away from that room except locking it from the inside. Please don't call Charlie stupid for saving Desmond's life. Also, I think Charlie believed he truly had to die to save Claire and Aaron.

As for Jack off the island and his state of mind... I don't really care at this point. The only thing I want to see on this show is:

- Sayid reuniting with Nadia
- Desmond reuniting with Penny
- But most of all, Claire and Aaron, saved and happy off the island.

Alright, sorry. Like I said, there was a better word to say. I'm being a realist, that scenario the producers made demeans the good ethics Charlie had.

Why would it matter to keep Desmond from the room? It doesn't. All that the water rushing does is make them jump into the water faster, which they have to do anyways. Now if Charlie wanted to keep Des from room he could have closed the door from the outside.

Even if they couldn't they would have plenty of time before the station filled up. Enough time to say, jump in the water and swim to the surface.

Remember, they already accomplished their mission. Unless they were going to live underwater, they had to reach surface anyways and that requires diving into the water.

Sure, he may have "saved" Desmond's life, but Des is still going to have to swim to the surface. Why couldn't they do it together? That's right, there is no good reason why Charlie stayed in that room except that he remembered he was "suppose" to die. Charlie wasn't "stupid," he just accepted he needed to die, I agree with you.

Charlie blocking the room only allows Des to choose when he goes to the surface instead of right in that moment.

Don't for one second think that I am bashing the ethics behind his actions. I'm not and it was never my intention to. I'm bashing his logic. Those are two of the three things one uses to argue, and we are having an argument so I'm evauluating each of his. His logic was off only because the producers created a poor scenario.

He gave his life to help others, nuff said. However, the producers failed to pull off a good scenario for such a self-less act. I say this because of all the factors against the scenario they ended up with. I've said these factors in my last two posts and this one as well. If you don't bother reading them, then don't imply something on what I say, because you don't know where I'm coming from.

~~~Logically, he died for no reason, I don't think anyone can argue that given the situation they were in. On the grounds of ethic: since he believed he had to die to have Claire and Aaron rescued, he died for a fair and just reason.

Stepping away from the argument...

I'm sorry that Charlie died. There's not much more to say. I hope you guys continue to at least stay on the boards as it wouldn't be the same not coming back and seeing you guys.

Izzy94 seeing how water was rushing in I don't believe that would be the case. There are lots of "Ifs" and "thens". What if a giant whale came and clogged the hole with his blubber? You are taking it on faith that Des would be so persistent in catching one conversation with Penny instead of living and reuniting with her. Plus, Charlie got her message and he could have relayed it to him when they swam to the top. Charlie blocking the room only allows Des to choose when he goes to the surface instead of right in that moment.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the finale and I'm still all sad and shocked (because of Charlie's death), but I'm also really upset. No long reviwe here therefore. It seems that quite a few people liked the flashforward thingie, but if you ask me, it just sucked!! I can't even exactly tell you why... I think I have to sleep on it first... I just hated it.

Concerning the person in the cofin: It's never ever Locke! First of all, Jack would never commit suicide because Locke died and secondly, I don't think that Locke will ever leave the island. I'd put my money on it that Locke will stay on the island, even if the rest gets rescued.

Sawyer killed Tom?? WTF!!! I hate you, James!!

Although I cried when Charlie died, I gotta say that he was amazing through the whole finale! It makes me angry though that they split up the "family" (cause that's really what they were). I feel bad for Claire and Aaron, but I hope they will get rescued so that Charlie's death wasn't in vain at least.

Hurley for president!

Even though the reunion of Alex and Danielle wasn't really spectacular, I actually enjoyed it. I'm glad they're finally reunited.

Ok, I need to get some sleep now... stupid finale kept me awake most of tonight already.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
1. Please come back to watching Lost, Jen! I know they've killed off Charlie, but you might find some other reason to watch! *hopeful*

...yeah, I don't think so. I haven't liked it since Shannon died and I really only kept watching, like I said, to be able to spend time with Angie, because it's the only time we MADE time for each other. Now that we're both into SPN, we're MAKING time for Supernatural Thursdays instead. I'll probably rent the DVDs and watch the upcoming seasons of Lost in a weekend sitting as opposed to sitting through weekly episodes like the rest of you are going to. So, I'll probably see them at some point, but I won't be following the fandom anymore, that's for sure.

KajaM wrote:
It seems that quite a few people liked the flashforward thingie, but if you ask me, it just sucked!! I can't even exactly tell you why... I think I have to sleep on it first... I just hated it.

I hadn't said anything about it because I couldn't put my finger on it either, but yeah, I'm feelin ya, Karolina. I hated it, too, and I can't figure out precisely WHY. I just hated it. And Jack's beard was a point of MANY a joke...seeing as how Angie and I kind of watch Lost just to poke fun at the stupidity they've turned it into.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow, did anyone else think that Charlie's death was pointless? Let's do the math. Room is flooding, Charlie shuts door to save Desmond? Why? He already flipped the little switch thing and Desmond has to swim up to the surface anyways. That facility, from the looks of it, was quite wide so it would have taken a while for it to fill, by then they could have both swam to the surface. Was it Charlie accepting his fate? If Desmond never told him how he was going to die, would Charlie have run out the door and closed it behind him, thus telling Desmond what he learned? The water rushing in would have sealed the door just as well as Charlie did from the inside.

I agree with you on all that. Charlie had the opportunity to make it out of there alive. However, I think he thought it might affect the final outcome of Claire and Aaron being rescued (which it very well could have, especially keeping in mind that probably won't be happening for a while still, and if Charlie was alive during that time he could have somehow affected the outcome). More than anything I think he just decided that since one of Desmond's flashes was going to get him, this was his best chance to be a hero and really do something with his life. And he did.

As far as why they killed him, I think Cinthia said it best:
Quote:
I'm still very upset this morning. I've read some interviews about Charlie's death and it seems like they didn't know if they were going to kill him until the time they were writing 'The Brig'. Seems like they couldn't find a way to get out of this death prophecy thing. So Charlie's death can be blamed on the lack of creativity of the writers. Or lack of efforts trying to find a way out.

And a sad part is that Dom really didn't want to go. He loved Hawaii. I'm so sad for him too... I started watching because of Dom and I know a lot of people did that too. The writers just didn't feel they could find new material for Charlie for storylines and said that his story was just over. *sigh* But seriously, who's story is still fresh on the show??? How many times do we have to sit through one of Sawyer's con or Jack wanting to fix people and Kate on the run? I thought that Charlie had the freshest flashback potential with us knowing very little about his parents, about his mom and how she died, his scary butcher daddy, etc. There's always a way to find new storylines for characters if you're willing to make the efforts. They just didn't care about Charlie enough to bother. In a interview, Damon and Carlton said that their favorite characters are Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke and Hurley. That's why we're seeing the triangle, quadrangle pushed down our throat. I'm really sick of it... Appart from Hurley, I find those characters so unreal that I just can't identify with them.

C/C shippers got puked on this year. We got next to nothing in terms of relationship development. Claire was barely seen onscreen (and did you see her in the finale? blink and you missed her). I got pratically nothing for a new C/C video... not that I would want to make one anyway. It would break my heart.

Seems to me like the writers really wanted Charlie out of their hair- be it because a lot of people didn't like him (*coughforgoodreasonatthattimecough*), he was running out of material, or whatever else. So they set this elaborate scheme up to get rid of him in such a way that A) nobody could be caught off guard, so they have lots of time to deal with it, B) they have time to back out of it if necessary and C) when he dies, he goes in full heroic-main-character style.
The interesting thing - and here's where I actually join in the outrage - is that in order to fulfill those requirements they gave Desmond... super powers. When Desmond first saw the future, that was the first real moment in Lost that just couldn't be explained with pseudo science or whatever - they jumped the shark, you might say. And so far, the only thing that has come from that future sight has been fulfilling those requirements of Charlie's death. (I really hope there's more of a point to the Desmond future flashes thing, or else the writers REALLY wanted to get rid of Charlie. But they're not ALLOWED to hate a character! They write them that way! Ug.)

Anyways, by giving Charlie the knowledge he was going to die, it gave the writers a chance to back out (and go against fate at the last moment, PROBABLY based on if there was a tremendous amount of outrage about Charlie dying), it made it prolonged so people had a chance to slightly deal with the possibility (I mean, imagine they just did this out of the blue...), and it meant a chance for him to fully redeem himself before the end and go out with a bang.

Was it fair what they did? No, I don't really think so. The writers got rid of Charlie kinda cheaply. Couldn't he have been rescued somehow or something? I liked how they made him redeemable and heroic before the end, but they still could have done that a lot of ways AND still gotten rid of him AND had him rescued. My only thought is that maybe nobody can be rescued from the island (and therefore why I thought maybe Walt and Michael were sunk after they left). I can accept that they wanted to get rid of Charlie, but making up a character with future sight and then using that to kill Charlie... hmmm...

Quote:

- Warren, I love your Sawyerus reference!!! Though I do think that Sawyer was right in killing Tom because Tom was already have second thoughts about shooting into the sand - he wanted to kill Sayid and co! Speaking of Sayid and co., I was literally scared to death when I thought Sayid and Jin were dead.

LOL thanks (I SO want someone to use that picture in a banner for Sawyerus now )
Sawyer shooting Tom, and pushing Hurley away reminds me way too much of Charlie shooting Ethan, and his pushing away of Hurley in the ep before this. Parallels!!!

Quote:

- Hurley is made of awesome! Who would've thought to go back to the van! And he saved the day! Gosh, I *heart* him so much now.

You know, Hurley killed a guy...? That just kinda clicked lol.
It's funny how all these otherwise "innocent" losties who wouldn't hurt a fly don't even think twice about attacking and killing the Others, even though they really haven't done much to them to deserve it. I mean, something tells me whatever Naomi had planned, it wasn't as bad as kidney-stealing and parent-killing, yet somehow Locke doesn't think twice about throwing a knife in HER back!

Noj wrote:

Charlie's death was a total and utter waste. Complete lack of realism. Mikael not dying, total lack of realism and FFS gimme a break. How do they think I'm gonna take this show seriously when someone won't die?
The flash forward stuff was alright, until the end where they just made it a complete joke. If they got rescued Kate will be in jail, it has to happen.

The beach stuff went down pretty well overall, was surprising though the start of it was meh. Hurley being a hero though was awesome, and Sawyer just putting a round straight in Tom's chest was ace. Sayid breaking that guys neck was good as well, Jin capping some people. Some good stuff.
The hike was fine apart from not beating Ben to death, which you would do, again until the end. WTF was that from Locke? Throwing the knife and threatening Jack etc, WTF. Once again Locke ruins it completely, just like he did in season 2 with all his fate crap.

Noj, sometimes you scare me just a bit with your obsession over people needing to die . LMAO

Quote:
Can I ask a Question ?

If Jacks flashes were flash forwards ... how could he say go up and see if my dads more drunk than i am and if he is you can fire me

his dads dead or is he alive now too ?

or am i missing something

That is a VERY good question
What!?!?! Does this mean he's NOT dead?

KajaM wrote:

Concerning the person in the cofin: It's never ever Locke! First of all, Jack would never commit suicide because Locke died and secondly, I don't think that Locke will ever leave the island. I'd put my money on it that Locke will stay on the island, even if the rest gets rescued.

I have to completely disagree with you on that one. It doesn't have anything to do with Locke and Jack's relationship (Jack even said he wasn't a friend to Locke), it has to do with Jack's regret over whatever happened on the island between this ep and the time they get off it. Locke was the one who told Jack not to do it - not to phone - because it wasn't supposed to happen. And whatever happened, future Jack regrets it a lot - probably a lot more than it just being because his old life sucks. I think this is foreshadowing.
Also, I have some proof:
http://lost.cubit.net/viewEgg.php?id=294
the first letter of the person's name is a "J" - John Locke. (also, judging by what people have made out of that article, it looks like whoever it was hung him/herself.
(could also be James Ford, but I doubt it since he'd probably have someone at his funeral - like Kate)

Quote:

Although I cried when Charlie died, I gotta say that he was amazing through the whole finale! It makes me angry though that they split up the "family" (cause that's really what they were). I feel bad for Claire and Aaron, but I hope they will get rescued so that Charlie's death wasn't in vain at least.

I think they will. My guess is the rescue will come just as Desmond pictured it. They will get on that helicopter. But.... WHEN they get on it is a whole other question. I'm guessing final season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Future!Backs or Flash!Forwards (or whatever we're calling them.)

- I dug them so much that I can't STAND IT. I want to watch them over and pick out all of the little things. But damn Foxy really outdid himself in this ep, I have to say. And I do say.

- Foxy KILLED ME on the bridge. KILLED. I just. I can't say any more about it. I loved that scene. And hey, not that I'm complaining, but would it have killed them to spend some budget money on an actual crash shot? How cool would that have been to see it happen behind him or something?

- The only scene that I felt was a bit redundant was the scene in the pharmacy. I mean, I guess it's hard to establish a drug problem and a reason for Jack to be breaking into medical supply cabinets, but we would have figured it out!

- Sarah is still a total bitch but you know, old habits die hard, I guess.

- A lot of folks are talking about Christian being alive, but I think it's clear from the way the Cheif of Surgery looks at Jack that his father is very much dead, and that Jack losing his friggin' mind! And you know what? Christian being dead makes me VERY VERY SAD. Stupid smoke monster, making me think Christian is alive!

- The funeral. I am convinced. CONVINCED that it was Sawyer. Someone said that the name on the obituary started with a J. This could be a number of people from the island, including Locke. I just don't believe that he would EVER leave the island. EVER. He'd die first. All Jawyer joking aside, I think that Jack and Sawyer have become "buddies" over the past two seasons. Despite their differences, they seem to have come to depend on each other. The games, the good-natured rivalry, and the concern. Lines like "you're just about the best friend I got." Etc. I think that they see themselves as equals. So yeah, I'm going to believe that the person in the casket was Sawyer, as much as it pains me to think that -because, you heard it hear first LVI, I FREAKING LOVE SAWYER! *cries*

- Kate's mysterious "HE." They mentioned the possibility of Kate being pregnant in this ep again. With high drama. That ain't for nothing kids! Just a theory! (And it didn't originate with me.) Sawyer lives on!

- The ramifications of the future!backs in general. I think it would be a brilliant move on their part to switch up the format a bit.
They could have future!backs that do not move chronologically, but jump around in time. We are ALL so so tired of flashbacks, amiright?
They could do a combination of both, futurebacks and flashbacks.
Or they could begin to move chronologically from this future and the island stuff will be the flashbacks. Or
They could move backwards in the futurebacks, forward on the island, and meet somewhere in the middle. You may think this is anticlimactic, but if you have ever watched memento, you KNOW that this is not really the case! If done well it can be TOTALLY EFFING MIND BLOWING.
They could forget the futurebacks altogether and just keep going the way they have been. (Which would be a damn shame!)
I can't think of anything else.

Station Charlie

- Charlie was kick-ass in this episode. I know all the Charlie fans are really upset about his death that it's hard to hear from someone like me, who has been a Charlie nay-sayer for a very long time. But he really was. Really. REALLY.

- The taunting of Bonnie and whats-er-face was brilliant and beautiful and funny.

- Charlie being the one to push the button was his fate after all. A musician. Desmond would not have been able to figure out the code.

- Mikhail never dies. Did we see his body explode into millions of tiny bits? No, we did not. Therefore, we can not assume anything about the status of his life. (I mean hey, if Richard Alpert can live forever, with only the aid of some well-placed magical mascara, then anything is possible!)

- Charlie's death was moving in a way that I don't think LOST has been capable of until now. I have complained so much about their crappy deaths that DO NOT give the characters their due (and they did nothing to alleviate this theory with Nikki and Paulo's pointless episode.) But with Charlie, they finally got it damn right. Him writing the message on his hand and just, sharing the look with Des. Oh I CRIED. Okay? The first time I teared up a bit. The second time, I CRIED.

- Everyone keeps saying that he didn't really HAVE to die. But what we're forgetting is that Desmond has told him that if his flashes don't play out exactly as they have in his mind, that they won't happen at all. IE, Claire would not get off the island. For a few minutes, Charlie thought he was in the clear, because it appeared they had somehow circumvented fate, and yet would still be able to save everyone. But when that bomb went off, Charlie realized that he was wrong - that he hadn't circumvented fate. And maybe he wasn't THINKING when he shut that door, locking Desmond out (and possibly saving him as well - though I have the notion that Desmond would have had the sense to stop watching TV and try to escape), and he couldn't have known how long it would take for that hatch to fill up, and he probably thought he wouldn't be able to shut the door from the outside if he had to drag des away from the screen and step outside far enough to close the door. He just did the first thing he thought of. There is always a moment when a thing can or cannot play out a certain way. And the writers ALWAYS put their characters in these situations. They NEVER find their own way there. So you could ALWAYS go back and say "Well if this, then this." But here? I'm not gonna do that. You guys can all you want.

The Rest of It

- The Alex/Danielle reunion was not lackluster by any means. I thought it was a good way of getting it done and the bonding through tying up Benry was not only hilarious, but very appropriate and fitting. I thought it was PERFECT.

- The scene were Jack goes apeshit and beats Ben to a bloody pulp over Sayid, Jin and Bernard. YES THANK YOU! Oh man I was so on edge. I just loved it. A fitting punishment. Even if it was a dirty trick, Ben.

- Ewww! She kissed him. Sadly, I have come to the conclusion that it's NOT Juliet. It is 100% Elizabeth Mitchell. I think she ruins any potential that this character may or may not have for me. She has about as much on-screen chemistry as a rock. I just. Can't. Stand. Her. Even when they give her funny lines! The Jawyer line! OH MY GOD! I DIED! And still don't like her. My apologies to any die-hard Elizabeth Mitchell fans in the group, but I will NEVER be able to take Juliet seriously because of the way she's playing her. Makes my skin crawl.

- Jate moment. It was a long time in coming, and apparently it's leading somewhere based on their brief moment of (but blazing) intimacy in the final scene. But other than that I have no comment.

- Skate moment by the stream. I really liked this. Evi still makes me cringe but Josh is getting better and better. I felt sorry for the both of them, to be honest. But thank Sawyer for saying out loud what we're all thinking. (No more pregnant ladies!)

- Walt is all growed up!

- Locke is totally schizo!

- Why is Richard answering to Ben? I STILL don't get that. Maybe that dude really was Richard's dad. "Immortal semi-hot dude vs. creepy glasses-wearing geek who ages normally (and badly)" I know who I would pick as my leader!

- Naomi. She seems too nice to be evil. And the guy on the radio? OMG he made me cry. When he said 'sit tight! we'll be right there!" The second time I saw that I was in tears. TEARS!

- Everyone's pissed at Sawyer killing Tom it seems. And as much as I liked Tom, I am just going to have to wholeheartedly disagree. Sure it's another revenge carried out, like the Real Mr. Sawyer. But it wasn't carried out IN HIS NAME. He did it for Walt and he did it for ALL OF THEM, because the ramications of that night were far more reaching than Walt being kidnapped for a couple months. Well Zeke, you had it coming. End of story. People died as a result of that. And god knows what else you've done in the name of Ben and Jacob. So THANK YOU SAWYER.

- The van, the leg crunch thingie, that was just awesome good fun. No other way of putting it.

WOW. I am SURE I'm missing something important. But I promised someone that I would give my real opinions here this time.

So there ya go.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC full-review post!!! YAY!!!

Quote:

- The funeral. I am convinced. CONVINCED that it was Sawyer. Someone said that the name on the obituary started with a J. This could be a number of people from the island, including Locke. I just don't believe that he would EVER leave the island. EVER. He'd die first. All Jawyer joking aside, I think that Jack and Sawyer have become "buddies" over the past two seasons. Despite their differences, they seem to have come to depend on each other. The games, the good-natured rivalry, and the concern. Lines like "you're just about the best friend I got." Etc. I think that they see themselves as equals. So yeah, I'm going to believe that the person in the casket was Sawyer, as much as it pains me to think that -because, you heard it hear first LVI, I FREAKING LOVE SAWYER! *cries*

That someone about the J (if you read it here) was me. And yeah, I am still convinced it was Locke. The way I see it, Jack was "not friends" with this person, yet he was affected so much by his death that he was prepared to jump off a bridge. The "not friends" thing already takes Sawyer out. Equals, buddies, fellow survivors, whatever - he would have said yes to the friend question. The only way you say "no" to the friend question is if you're more than indifferent to them. As in, not just acquaintances, but like big rivalry/enemies. And since Locke just pointed a gun at Jack in this ep, I think that just about sums up their relationship.
And as far as Locke goes, I don't think he'd ever leave the island either, unless someone took him off, or he literally (literally) had no other choice. But that's why I think it's him, because this dead person hung him/herself. Somehow it seems like that's EXACTLY what Locke would do if he was taken off the island (and a clue to that is the attempted suicide this ep just before Walt showed up).
Also, Kate's makeup. IF it was Sawyer in the casket, and she got pregnant, AND lets say something happened that she hated him so much she wouldn't even think of showing up for his funeral (unlikely!!!!!), then that would probably make the "Him" Little Sawyer! But if she's a single mom, then why would she be all made up like that when she had to leave quickly and all? No, no way that can be Sawyer. The connection between him and Kate is too strong for her to not even show up at his funeral. No way.

Quote:

- A lot of folks are talking about Christian being alive, but I think it's clear from the way the Cheif of Surgery looks at Jack that his father is very much dead, and that Jack losing his friggin' mind! And you know what? Christian being dead makes me VERY VERY SAD. Stupid smoke monster, making me think Christian is alive!

Ah okay. Wasn't watching the doctor when that happened. Mystery solved!

Quote:

- The only scene that I felt was a bit redundant was the scene in the pharmacy. I mean, I guess it's hard to establish a drug problem and a reason for Jack to be breaking into medical supply cabinets, but we would have figured it out!

I was totally thinking : "House M.D." there heh. (especially after ripping off Grey's anatomy's names already)

Quote:

- Everyone's pissed at Sawyer killing Tom it seems. And as much as I liked Tom, I am just going to have to wholeheartedly disagree. Sure it's another revenge carried out, like the Real Mr. Sawyer. But it wasn't carried out IN HIS NAME. He did it for Walt and he did it for ALL OF THEM, because the ramications of that night were far more reaching than Walt being kidnapped for a couple months. Well Zeke, you had it coming. End of story. People died as a result of that. And god knows what else you've done in the name of Ben and Jacob. So THANK YOU SAWYER.

How is that any different from Charlie shooting Ethan? (or is it?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: