Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*WARNING* ~ Major spoilers for the season 3 finale!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: *WARNING* ~ Major spoilers for the season 3 finale!!! Reply with quote

I couldn't keep myself away from the spoilers. lol. and I was doing SOOOOO good this season too. *sigh*

I got this info from http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/
The spoilers could turn out to be bull but they've been pretty accurate so far. Here's to hoping that at least one of those spoilers ain't true (you can all prolly guess which one I'm talking about ) so .... read at your own risk.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Episode 322 FINALE "THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS"

The finale is full of action, a few deaths -- and that huge twist I mentioned earlier.

First, the deaths. A bunch of Others get killed when they try to raid the camp. This includes Friendly, who Sawyer shoots in cold blood -- and also the other new tough guy Other (I think his name is Price) who gets run over by Hurley in the van.

And Charlie FINALLY dies. Thank god. I've always thought he was one of the weaker characters and his death has been threated in so many episodes its about time it finally happened. He unblocks the jamming signal in the underwater station but drowns when Mikhail uses a grenade to blow it up, killing them both. It's a cool death for Charlie. Maybe cooler than he deserves.

Another big moment is when an old favorite of the show returns. Locke is just about to kill himself in the Dharma grave pit that he fell into after Ben shot him when he hears a voice telling him not to. He looks up to see...WALT!! Walt helps him out of the pit and then disappears. No sign of Michael, and there's no explanation about where Walt has been or what happened to him or Michael.

Locke then makes it to the Radio Tower -- and gets there in time to kill Naomi just before she makes the rescue call. He throws a knife straight into her back. Jack can't understand what Locke is doing and tells him that he'll have to shoot him to stop him from making the call himself. Locke threatens to kill Jack, but then backs down.

Jack makes the rescue call -- and someone on the other end answers. The story on the island ends with help on the way. Or maybe not. Ben has told Jack that Naomi and her people aren't who they say they are -- and just before he dies, Charlie sees a transmission in the underwater hatch from Desmond's Penny -- who, contrary to what Naomi has said, denies that she knows Naomi at all!!

But the HUGE TWIST of the episode -- in fact, probably the huge twist of the entire series -- happens in the flashback. They start by showing that Jack is totally fucked up. He's popping pills and suicidal. The first flashback shows him about to kill himself by jumping off a bridge -- only a car accident nearby causes him to stop, and instead of killing himself he fins himself helping the accident victims.

But he keeps spiraling. He sees his ex-wife at the hospital -- she's pregnant with another man's child. He goes to a funeral of a person that we never discover, but whoever it is, his (or her) death rocks Jack hard. He steals drugs from the hospital and is caught by the new doctor in charge.

And all the time, he's constantly on the phone desperately trying to contact somebody. And the last scene shows us who...he goes to meet the mystery person, and it's the last person on earth we would think...it's KATE!

And it's now that we realize that for the first time in Lost history, we haven't been watching a flashback. We've been watching a FLASH-FORWARD!

Yep, that's right. THEY ACTUALLY SHOW THAT JACK AND KATE MAKE IT OFF THE ISLAND. For some reason, this has been the cause of Jack's spiral. He tells Kate they have to go back to the island. She refuses and drives away. The show finishes with Jack screaming "We have to go back!!"

It's a bold move by the writer's no doubt, but I'm not sure if it will pay off entirely. It raises many other questions -- how did they get off the island, did anyone else get off the island, who stayed behind -- but on a show that has been all about our heroes trying to get back home, its kind of disappointing to know that Jack and Kate actually return to the mainland and that they could stay there if they want.

The twist is bound to cause huge discussion among Lost fans. I felt it was a bit of a cheat, but maybe others will like it more...

Hope enjoyed the scoop. You can call me LOSTFAN108.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Hollywood on Thu May 17, 2007 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLLY! *uber-glomps*

I actually just caught those from somebody's LiveJournal and have been sitting here just thinking "OH CRAP!" There's just so much about that that I'm not pleased about! I'm hoping most of it will be foiler but I seriously doubt it!

Anyway, I'm glad to see you at least! I always swear I'm not going to read spoilers and I hold out for, like, 2 seconds then I can't stand it and click the links, lol!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spoiler:

And Charlie FINALLY dies. Thank god. I've always thought he was one of the weaker characters and his death has been threated in so many episodes its about time it finally happened. He unblocks the jamming signal in the underwater station but drowns when Mikhail uses a grenade to blow it up, killing them both. It's a cool death for Charlie. Maybe cooler than he deserves.

Well, LOSTFAN108, congratulations: you're a total douchebag. Dean Winchester is on his way to hunt you down, bitch.

Thanks for the spoiler, Hollywood...that's almost detailed enough that I might not even bother to watch it. Saves two hours of my life where I could be doing something else, like...sleeping. Seriously though, thanks for the spoiler; it's good to know ahead of time so that at least I'm not having a heart attack waiting for how it will happen. Yeah, I'll still watch, but this will be my last hurrah, so, at least I'll know what's going to come. Thank you hon
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Holly!!! *waves*

I told myself DO NOT READ!!! But I just couldn't resist.......

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, I,m going to have to call foiler on this one.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person claims he got the scripts. Could have been very true for GH but certainly false for TTLG because the finale script pages are marked with the actor/crew members name and only the people closely involve are getting the pages (especially the last scenes)

Some of it might be true but I don't believe we know the big twist at the end yet.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: *WARNING* ~ Major spoilers for the season 3 finale!!! Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Yep, that's right. THEY ACTUALLY SHOW THAT JACK AND KATE MAKE IT OFF THE ISLAND. For some reason, this has been the cause of Jack's spiral. He tells Kate they have to go back to the island. She refuses and drives away. The show finishes with Jack screaming "We have to go back!!"

Uh... okay... that would make me actually want to watch LOST again, if that's true I've seen pretty much none of season three since Sky poached it from Channel Four over here, so I'm waiting till it comes out on DVD. I haven't been all that bothered about the show lately, to tell the truth. But... seriously? That would actually make me love the show again.

Supernatural Video Station
azzurra13
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMo some parts of that can be truth...but seriousely....they should go towards the answers , and not the questions....I'm totally confused about it..
Plus, I have this feeling that they are stealing some plots from Prison break
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was stoked when I heard about this, because it is really an amazingly brilliantly awesome twist. And I LOVED it.

But then everyone was crying foiler, so I was like "well, wtf, nothing can top that, JJ needs to hire whoever wrote that foiler!"

But they also gave detailed summary of last night's ep in the same spoiler, and everything that happened tonight was pretty much exactly as they had described. Right down to the chicks in the looking glass. Soooooooo... foiler? I'm thinking not. But you never know.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent read that, and i'm not going to (MUST.HAVE.STRENGTH) but I did find this claiming that the spoiler is 100% true but they have missed out something "huge" that happens in the finale:

Quote:
Exciting week, huh folks? Concerning the spoilers released by LOSTFan108, there has been a lot of discussion as to whether or not the synopsis is legit, or is an elaborate misdirection. There is a lot you don't know about the situation, so in the words of my idol, Dr. Marvin Candle, "First, a little history."

The spoilers originated on www.aintitcoolnews.com in a post by TV correspondent Hercules. His post concerned information given to him by a confidential informant and listed a number of extremely vague bullet points.

During the course of that day, a DIFFERENT person posted more concise information that expanded on Hercules bullets and revealed the 'game changer' of the episode.

In between these events I emailed Hercules at Aint-it-cool-news. The reason for the email was to share with him some litmus information that myself and DarkUFO have kept off the record for the purpose of testing the validity of any spoilers which may arise concerning the finale. As you can guess, we are deluged with 'tips' from unproven sources.

After the comments were posted, and subsequently posted at other LOST sites, I posted my call for calm and discretion, and at the same time expressed my opinion on giving spoilers on the magnitude of 'the game changer' without tempering the information to make it less conclusive, and more seductive.

At this point, I was emailed by someone claiming to be the person who provided the information to AICN. I challenged him to prove he was who he claimed to be, and his response included information not released on AICN, or anywhere else for that matters, concerning "Greatest Hits." In particular, the first five lines of dialog. I told him that once his info was confirmed I would pass along his concerns.

His claim is that he is in possession of the screenplays for the final two episodes of LOST. They are not watermarked. He claims he did not provide AICN with specific information, but did give a brief overview of the episodes, and did tell AICN what the game changer was with the understanding that none of the information would be published.

He claims that the subsequent synopsis posted in the AICN comments system and later at DarkUFO's site, was at best an abbreviated version of the information he gave, and that there are several specific details regarding key scenes that he cannot imagine someone with specific knowledge who was spoiling the episode on that level would leave out. He also indicated there are some inconsistencies which were 'laughable' in comparison to how things actually happen.

The bottom line is, he feels the information was given by someone who only had access to the tidbits he gave AICN. In short, he thinks AICN themselves posted the synopsis in their own comments system to get more traction out of their post traffic wise.

Unfortunately, for those of you who hope and pray the spoilers are incorrect, they are, in their own crude way, 100% correct. However, they do not represent the finished product in any complete way. There is still much to be derived from watching, and watching very very closely. In particular, there is information given in the final moments of the show which were completely absent from the game changer description, and will drive LOST fans absolutely crazy.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt wanna read them but i did and now i wished i hadnt! sounds awsome though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summarized crudely or not it sounds amazing!
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is just getting weirder and weirder... and better and better!

Looking forward to it....
Spoiler:

Especially to watching the Jate scene - IN THE FUTURE! ... but... where's Sawyer?

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna read this......I'm not gonna read this....I'm not gonna read this.....

Everybody says it's AWESOME....but i'm gonna wait till 30th to see it and i don't wanna spoil myself....
I am crazy,am I?
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I closed my eyes till I got to the bottom of the page I'm not readin ANY spoilers for this ep...

Must not look at spoilers... Must not look at spoilers... Not this time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: