Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x21 - Greatest Hits Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheree wrote:
It is funny how much of "water" is a running theme with Charlie. But unlike the lyric " I wanna die in water" (which is not meant to be taken literally) ... in my vid I was trying to showcase Charlie overcoming his struggles "I'll sink beneath the boats ... I'll learn to swim...soon I'll have fins..." ... hmmm maybe I am a seer!
It's a beautiful song and one of my favorite vids ever. Let's hope Charlie will survive so that we could explore that water theme even more.

All of Desmond's death visions involved water... it was raining when he got stuck by lightning and with the arrow, he drown trying to save Claire and he broke his neck falling in the ocean. And now Desmond sees him drowning again. Can't be a coincidence.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a beautiful song and one of my favorite vids ever. Let's hope Charlie will survive so that we could explore that water theme even more.

Thanks *hug* ... yes I have to believe that he is going to be alright.... I've stayed away from spoilers for Lost ... it's been very difficult to do with Charlie's current storyline.

Cinthia I love your avatar ... did you make it?? I've been trying to find any made from the eppy...

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheree wrote:
Thanks *hug* ... yes I have to believe that he is going to be alright.... I've stayed away from spoilers for Lost ... it's been very difficult to do with Charlie's current storyline.

Cinthia I love your avatar ... did you make it?? I've been trying to find any made from the eppy...
You're smart to stay away from spoilers. They're driving me nuts!!!

Here's where I got my avi... from someone who doesn't like Charlie very much so I thought it was a nice touch.

http://mysticxf.livejournal.com/249583.html

But I'm in the process of making some avis from GH (instead of vidding. avis are a lot quicker to do than videos. )

Aaron touching Charlie's face... that's where the tears started to roll.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, water theme huh? Cool. Yeah, can't just be coincidence!

Heh, maybe the "I don't swim" thing represents his change on the island as another water theme?
(but despite semantics, I still gotta say I think it's a continuity error. Maybe arguably not one, but the connotation of it implies he can't swim, or he was lying one of these two times (and since he took swimming lessons in his flashback, he apparently does have swim training))
regardless...

Rocksiren wrote:
Killing Charlie now seems way too easy.

True. Hmmm... Desmond maybe?
Bah, if someone has to die then it better be Charlie, cruel as that is... He has very little potential left. His story is told, he's changed, and yadda yadda. Meanwhile, Desmond's "got his girl" to get to. Sure, that doesn't mean he has to die, but since Lost isn't exactly doling out happy endings here...
Anyways, in other words, if someone else gets killed instead of Charlie, I'm gonna be a little ticked-off. And something tells me zero deaths isn't an option...

KC wrote:

- I thought the entire last scene with Charlie and Desmond was AMAZING. I loved it so much. I wasn't quite sure that hitting him over the head with an oar was necessary, though I did have major Talented Mr. Ripley flashbacks. (Am I alone there? LOL I smell an AU vid in which Charlie kills Des on the high seas and then takes over his identity brotha! It could work.) But I'm getting OT. Seriously, that last scene was great, and the tension of it, him swimming down there and almost running out of breath before he broke the surface. It was not only beautifully shot (with the shoe!) but it was definitely one of those moments where you were holding your breath right with Charlie, and came up gasping for air along with him.

Totally with you on that. I love this show.
(and DS, I'm a little surprised you hated it! )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Bah, if someone has to die then it better be Charlie, cruel as that is... He has very little potential left. His story is told, he's changed, and yadda yadda. Meanwhile, Desmond's "got his girl" to get to. Sure, that doesn't mean he has to die, but since Lost isn't exactly doling out happy endings here...
Anyways, in other words, if someone else gets killed instead of Charlie, I'm gonna be a little ticked-off. And something tells me zero deaths isn't an option...
One part of me says this is the best death ever. Charlie is the best, most heroic character of this show (with Desmond). What he just did top every heroic deed any other lostie have done. No way will he be able to top that kind of heroism in the future. Charlie going that way? I might actually be okay with it.

On the other hand, it kinda sends a weird message. You're a good person, you've solved your issues, you shown regret over your past mistakes and you apologized for them, you did something heroic at a great cost and what do you get for it? You die. That sucks. Would it be too much to ask for someone on this show to have a happy ending? I watch tv to be entertained not to be further depressed.

And there's still plenty of things they can explore with Charlie still. We've barely seen PB&J this season so there's is still a lot of story there left to be told. So far they haven't done anything 11 year-old wouldn't do. I got the distinct impression that Claire is holding back a lot with regards to Charlie... like she doesn't want to care (her 'okay' to Charlie's 'promise me you won't miss me' was a little cold) . I think she's protecting herself from abandonment again. If she learns that Charlie sacrificed his life for her and Aaron, maybe she'll open up a little more (if he survives, that is ). And as far as stories we still don't know much about his parents. There's still much to be told since that was only his 4th FB compared to Jack, Locke and Kate zillions.

But hey, Sawyer's story is over but I'm sure he's not going anywhere! There's always a new storyline around the corner.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough. It really doesn't seem fair that nobody can get a happy ending .
But then again, simply going "gotcha there for a sec! Charlie doesn't die! Ha! Now watch as he battles a whole new storyline: Aaron gets the Chicken Pox, OR IS IT THE AVIAN FLU?!? Only Charlie can save him! (OR CAN HE?!?!?)" . They kinda need... an end here hmmm...

Best ending for me would be that the prophecy goes as Desmond saw it, but then Charlie somehow gets knocked out as the hatch floods, and wakes up on whatshername's ship. Then later on in the next season(s) he comes back (along with Michael and Walt) to rescue everyone. IMO they've set this up way too much for Charlie to stay on the show daily now. He can't just come back and say "hey! I'm back! What wacky adventures are we up to now?" It would cheapen his character and just make me hate him all over again .

Then again, that option is still a whole lot better than out-of-the-blue killing Desmond or whoever, when they didn't even get their big "farewell" episode .

Also:
Quote:
On the other hand, it kinda sends a weird message. You're a good person, you've solved your issues, you shown regret over your past mistakes and you apologized for them, you did something heroic at a great cost and what do you get for it? You die.
Uh... since they've done that for every character so far, somehow it wouldn't surprise me if they don't care about that message .
Also, law of TV: there must be angst. Stable married couples are boring, so they throw a million distractions at them... or kill one of them! Name a show where this hasn't happened unless it was the final season, or the characters were leaving/being minimized in the show.

Quote:

And there's still plenty of things they can explore with Charlie still. We've barely seen PB&J this season so there's is still a lot of story there left to be told. So far they haven't done anything 11 year-old wouldn't do. I got the distinct impression that Claire is holding back a lot with regards to Charlie... like she doesn't want to care (her 'okay' to Charlie's 'promise me you won't miss me' was a little cold) . I think she's protecting herself from abandonment again. If she learns that Charlie sacrificed his life for her and Aaron, maybe she'll open up a little more (if he survives, that is ). And as far as stories we still don't know much about his parents. There's still much to be told since that was only his 4th FB compared to Jack, Locke and Kate zillions.

On one condition: They drop the recovering-drug-addict theme and stop focusing on Charlie's problems. I'm kinda sick of Claire being his prop.

Quote:
But hey, Sawyer's story is over but I'm sure he's not going anywhere! There's always a new storyline around the corner.

True, and not quite so true. I guess they could take this opportunity to kill him off too lol. But then again, the writers haven't been spending the last year or so making multiple reasons for people to hate him, then concluding with 10 eps building him up to his big heroic moment so he can finally redeem himself... . And him going away doesn't open up an interesting new storyline, with Claire having to raise Aaron all by herself.

But yeah, at least, whatever happens, Charlie had this moment of greatness . now whether the writers want to end him on this peak or just... let him fade back... is up to them. Should be interesting anyway lol. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing episode!!! I agree with Hobbes though, as much as I would love to see Charlie live, I think it would be too weird for him to just come back after this huge redemption song of an episode. Though Cylune, I are with what you say about how the characters get redeemed and die, though you could see it as maybe there going to a better place. Personally I hope Charlie doesn’t die, story wise, I think it would benefit for him dying a great hero.

Also, Cylune, you still making that "Wonderwall video?" I herd the song in the episode and it reminded me of you talking about that. It will be excellent if you do especially after last night!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

True, and not quite so true. I guess they could take this opportunity to kill him off too lol.

*gives Warren The Look* Dude, you did NOT just say that.

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

True, and not quite so true. I guess they could take this opportunity to kill him off too

...yeah, but they won't because Sawyer's popular. Sorry, Ais, but I'm so tired of Sawyer, I want to throw up. ...not that I'm excluding Jack or Kate from the so tired of seeing someone bit.

Also, um, did Dominic Monaghan get a DUI, too...? I mean, that's usually how they roll on Lost, right? DUI = character death I'm only surprised they didn't off him in his own flashback. Guess they realized that bit was getting old and annoying, too, huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
Also, Cylune, you still making that "Wonderwall video?" I herd the song in the episode and it reminded me of you talking about that. It will be excellent if you do especially after last night!
yep. absolutely. Thanks for the interest.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw really Cinthia? I'm so looking forward to that! Is it the original Oasis version?

mistojen wrote:
Sorry, Ais, but I'm so tired of Sawyer, I want to throw up. ...not that I'm excluding Jack or Kate from the so tired of seeing someone bit.

Absolutely. The whole love-traingle thing is taking over the show, and Sawyer just has to be in every episode! It's annoying me, and he used to be one of my favs! But speaking of the love-triangle... urm.. SQUEE? I think you know what i'm talking about.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Aw really Cinthia? I'm so looking forward to that! Is it the original Oasis version?
Thanks! Yes... I heard other vesions but so far I like the original best.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was an incredible episode.

I'm just soooo happy that they didn't ruin Charlie's character or Desmond's. As most of you know, I was worried that Desmond was going to let Charlie die (as he almost did in Catch 22). But I knew it I could count on Desmond when he volunteered to do the mission himself and even started taking off his shoes, etc.

Desmond = noble!, Charlie = heroic!

Both make me extremely joyous. Even if the storyline did resemble the Angel/Doyle storyline in "Hero" (any ATS buffs?). [Coincidentally I had just watched "Hero" that very afternoon. lol] Even so, I'm simply really glad the writers were able to manage Charlie's possible death without making me hate two of my favorite characters.

I'm really glad Charlie's still alive though his chances of continuing to stay alive, due to the ending of the episode, don't seem to be in his favor. *crosses fingers he'll still be all right* And his five best moments of his life made my heart melt, especially when he called them his "greatest hits!"

I really loved Jack in the beginning of the episode with his plan. Too bad the Others are going to pay them an earlier surprise visit.

*is worried for Charlie, Sayid, and Jin*

Quick question: Did Charlie actually make it to flip the switch he was supposed to before those women found him?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
IntoTheVoid wrote:
Thanks! Yes... I heard other vesions but so far I like the original best.

Me too, it's gorgeous. Can't wait to see it!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quick question: Did Charlie actually make it to flip the switch he was supposed to before those women found him?

Nope. That one comes later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: