Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x17 - Catch 22 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:

SuperKC wrote:
Dude, that table tennis was symbollic of something. I'll give you guys three guesses and the first two don't count. First the hugging, then sexually charged table tennis? What is next? Full-on macking? I'm taking bets for the next episode ya'll. Who wants in?

Well Jack isn't gonna be the one to make the "first move" cos he is stil pining for Tom! Ben's a dirty little whore for seperating them.

LMAO! Elle! I still have "shake your bom bom" stuck in my head. Even though I only know the chorus line. What are the other lyrics? LOL
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiraMarie wrote:
I have to add my opinion to the whole des vs. charlie debate thing. I'm with des.
I don't think there's any sides here. I'm not on Charlie's side more than Des. I just said I was disappointed he would let Charlie die, that's all.

They're in a relationship forced upon them that neither appreciate. Desmond won't let Charlie die if he can prevent it but it's a terrible burden for him. But you know, it must be terrible for Charlie too. That his life in the balance. I'm sure both guys want this final destination thing to end. With Charlie alive, hopefully.

As for the other island stuff that happened... I'm starting to think that Sawyer is too good for Kate.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
It was a goodish ep. Poor Desmond, Charlie better be making a freaking shrine for you after all this.

A shrine?? Before the episode aired, I would have agreed 110% with you (see signature banner). But I don't think so anymore. Desmond was leading Charlie to his death. He asked him to join the trek knowing full well that Charlie was going to get killed and Desmond had absolutely no intention of intervening. That would have been borderline murder. I don't think Charlie should worship Desmond right now.

If he'd gone through with it, then I'd agree - but he didn't . He saved him (again), even though it meant (seemingly) sacrificing Penny. And though that would have been selfish and dark for Desmond (but he could use a bit of darkness ), Charlie still freaking owes him.
Or else maybe Charlie could - you know - not take his foot off a trap which he noticed . Maybe get some street smarts and save his own life.
Anyway, my point: poor Desmond.

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Loved all of the flashbacks. FINALLY we know why Desmond calls everyone brother! One of the great Lost-mysteries solved..

LMAO "you know flashbacks are getting pointless when..."

KiraMarie wrote:
Although, I'm starting to like Charlie more. The farther away from Claire he is the more I like him. He seems more...sober, I guess is the only word for it. Haha, Claire is his drug of choice. haha.

Yes! Exactly! I like them both so much better apart .
like, that whole Charlie-hurley geekoff was great

Jawyer may not be canon, but you just know the writers are adding as much behind-the-scenes evidence in there , just for fun. This whole ping pong game was just one example of it heheh. KC's totally onto something
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Or else maybe Charlie could - you know - not take his foot off a trap which he noticed . Maybe get some street smarts and save his own life.
Charlie can be very stupid at times but I thought he was unusually smart in this episode. Asking all the right questions, not agreeing to go in the jungle at night in a trap infested jungle, figuring out Desmond knew he was going to die all along ... maybe Charlie's growing back some of the brain cells he lost.

Quote:
Jawyer may not be canon, but you just know the writers are adding as much behind-the-scenes evidence in there , just for fun. This whole ping pong game was just one example of it heheh. KC's totally onto something
homoerotism. girls love that stuff.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Thank you! You KNOW the subtext is entirely intentional! Especially since we know they have seen all the brokeback island vids. LMAO
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust jack, I just dont think he is noteworthy anymore. He was too easily decieved. Sawyer on the other hand just gets better and better. I can't wait to see some power stuggle between Jack and Sawyer and finally see Sawyer win. I think he has the peoples hearts now, even those on the island. I think people are just starting to get him. Maybe I'm wrong. Oh and I remembered another line I loved from last night, "(talking about the ping ponging) If we dont play every 108 minutes the island will blow up" haha. That was awesome! I love love love that man. Can I get a travel size sawyer and carry him around in my pocket????

Oh and the more time goes on the more I love and adore Jin. He is so cool and funny and wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finially i an tell what i think about the episode
First i agree with everyone who said that Des flashbacks were a bit boring...only the last one with Penny was cool and sweet!
I didn't expect Des to even think of letting Charlie die...

Second what's wrong with Kate?She acting as if she's in high school
It's obvious that she has feelings for both Sawyer and Jack but i must agree with cylune that Sawyer is too good for her... i'll add Sawyer and JAck are too good for her!

Well finally the new girl arrive!It'll be interesting to find out who the hell is she?

And the game between JAck and Sawyer was awesome!!!That's part is my favourite
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, borislava, I dont think I've ever heard anyone say that Sawyer is too good for Kate. That's kind of weird. But I see what you mean. I don't know that I would use that wording, but I get it. The way he, time and time again, does everything he can for her, sacrifices himself for her, and now is allowing her to use him. He constantly hurts himself to make her happy. She doesnt deserve him. Although, I have to say I felt the heat when Sawyer walked into her tent. They are so magnetic! I just have to hope that Kate will snap out of it and they will live happily ever after...by season 10 or so. haha. Let's face it, as long as the show is going well, Kate and Sawyer and Jack will have relationship turmoil. At least until then, Sawyer gets a little bootie.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
Charlie can be very stupid at times but I thought he was unusually smart in this episode. Asking all the right questions, not agreeing to go in the jungle at night in a trap infested jungle, figuring out Desmond knew he was going to die all along ... maybe Charlie's growing back some of the brain cells he lost.

lol I just noticed kinda ALL the characters are waning in and out of the "stupid" and "genius" categories every ep, whenever it suits the plot . "lets not go in during the night, because then the scene lighting would be easier to pull off!"

Quote:
The way he, time and time again, does everything he can for her, sacrifices himself for her, and now is allowing her to use him. He constantly hurts himself to make her happy. She doesnt deserve him.

I've been saying that since season 1 . Sawyer > Kate. That was my biggest problem with Skate. Kate just... doesn't fit him. So most Skate cheering is mostly just because... I want Sawyer to win!

Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this was interesting and wanted to share:

I was talking to my friend Angie, who's mom is 100% Korean and is fluent in the language and she said this:

Angie: so i made my mom sit down and translate jin's scary story in lost
Angie: LoL
Me: lol what was it?
Me: i was wondering myself!
Angie: it started out with this lady saying thank you god
Angie: and the guy said you don't have to thank god
Angie: because it's still in your head
Angie: that's when hurley screamed like a little bitch
Angie: LoL
Me: haha
Angie : my mom said she knows the story
Angie: but she can't find a way to translate it so it makes sense in english
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL well at least it's a real story - not completely random gibberish
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
So most Skate cheering is mostly just because... I want Sawyer to win!

Works for me...

mistojen wrote:
Thought this was interesting and wanted to share

That's so cool! Thanks for sharing!
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I was wondering what Jin's story was all about! Thanks!

Although I'm still pretty sure he makes up random words most of the time!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I feel bad for Daniel Dae Kim, before this show he hadnt spoken Korean in years. That just has to suck, relearning a language! But I can't wait until Sun finally teaches him english and he can talk to everyone. I'm counting the days...lol. I just love Jin, he is so cool.

Ah, Sawyer...sorry I'm watching him right now. He's so wonderful...and hot. lol.

LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe Jin's always good for a comedy plot! And well, Sawyer's never bad to look at!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: