Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lord of the Rings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Lord of the Rings Reply with quote

You know, that hot, new, up-and-coming movie trilogy? Think it's going to be any good?

Okay, so the movies have been out for a while now but LotR was my first HUGE fandom and it just seems like a shame that there's no thread for it here!

Now, I know there are a few LotR fans roaming about here... So feel free to chat, post vids, graphics, whatever you've got that LotR related! Who's your favorite character(s)? Who do you side with, Elves, Men or Giant Flaming Eyeballs of Doom? Extended Editions -- a huge waste of 14 hours of your life or an Absolute Must Have? Dish about your love for Orli, Sean, Viggo, Elijah, David, Karl, etc. If it's LotR-related, then bring it!

Note: If no one replies to this, I may have to send out these guys...

Okay, don't laugh. This is an actual ecard that I made that's still in use at Council of Elrond, the LotR site I used to hang out at. You had to come up with cards for some...odd categories, to say the least! This one was a card you could send to somebody if you were RSVP-ing that you were going to attend the party they invited you to. Why you couldn't just pick up the phone or send them an email or IM, I dunno... But if you absolutely, positively needed to send an ecard with some Uruk-hai wearing frilly party hats, then, dude, I made a card for that occasion!

*covers eyes* Oyyyy, my terrible graphics skills were in full swing here! I hadn't had Paintshop very long at the time when I tried this and I think I had something like 3 fonts total! Hopefully I've come a looooooong way since then!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sqqqqquuuuuuueeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

*big hug for Ais*

It was about time the LotR movies got their own thread... especially since I simply can't stop drooling over David Wenham and Sean Bean.

Well, it wasn't my first huge fandom (that was X-Files), but I'm still totally LotR-obsessed! Still love the movies a lot and I also really enjoy watching LotR fan vids. Just like Ais, I spent a lot of time at the Council of Elrond and I still pay it a visit every now and then. Moreover, I've probably seen most of Heather's great LotR vids and I'm about to make my very vids LotR vid, too.

Be prepared: I'll post sooo many pics here!

Okay, let's see... how about this:

Here's my (kinda random) LotR list:

Favourite characters: Boromir and Faramir obviously... well, I actually liked everyone except for Denethor, I guess

Least favourite character: Denethor.

Favourite badass: Gollum, Boromir (he sort of was, wasn't he?), the Nazgul

Favourite moments: There are sooo many good moments, but I think my favourite moment has to be this one: "Yooooouuuu cannot paaaaaasssss"
Gandalf vs Balrog... FTW!! That was so cool!

The books or the movies?: Although I read the books, I gotta admit that I much prefer the movies.

Umm... I guess that's all... for now
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY FOR AIS for starting this!!! LOTR was my first major totally-obsessed fandom (notice the Elvish name, hehe). OK, following Karolina's example (hey, thanks for the compliment, btw!!! ):

Favourite characters: Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas

Least favourite character: Denethor

Favourite badass: Boromir, the Witchking

Favourite moments: This would take entirely too long to list. Let's just say every minute of all 3 movies (extended versions, baby!)

The books or the movies?: movies, I saw FOTR before reading the books, though I have read them at least 5 times now

OMG I love this thread! I have sooo many LOTR stories..........
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bows down to the greatness of Aislynn for starting this thread*

Um, I friggen love you.

So, my fun effin fact for the day: I never wanted to see LotR. In fact...I was vehemently against going, but my friends dragged me to the theater stating that if I didn't go, I wouldn't get to see them until the following summer (FotR came out during our Christmas break first year of college)...and since I'd been missing them so bad, anyway, I sucked it up and went. ...and was awestruck. AMAZING films.

Best thing EVAR (that I cant even enjoy anymore because some idiot stole my FotR EE disc one ) ...Tig. If you don't know to what I am referring...listen to the commentary right around the Weathertop scene. *snuggles Sean Astin for being so adorably clueless, whilst giving Dom, Billy, and Lij a smirk and firm wagging finger* tsk tsk.

ETA: Oh, all right, I'll play follow the leader

Favourite characters: Frodo, Merry & Pippin (no, not separately; only when they're together being silly), Aragorn, Boromir, Eowyn (come on, who doesn't appreciate a girl kicking butt?)...oh and Gollum ( what's taters, precious?)

Least favourite character: Denethor (and...excusemewhileihideundermyrockanddodgethedirtylooksbuticantstandarwencuzsheannoysme)

Favourite badass: Boromir

Favourite moments: Oh, God, this would take forever to list them all but some of my absolute favorites...the Battle of Helm's Deep...uh, ALL of it...and pretty much anytime there's friendly snark between Legolas and Gimli.

The books or the movies?: movies. I tried to read the books but got about as far as Tom Bombadil before I gave up. I'm not smart enough to read the LotR books, apparently

Last edited by mistojen on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
hey, thanks for the compliment, btw!!! )

You're welcome. I think I must've spent hours over hours on your website, watching all those great vids. I didn't know anything about vid making myself at that time and I felt like a kid in a candy shop. I was like "whooaaaa " all the time.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTR probably holds the title of "best movie ever" (notice I count them all together as one movie but if I had to choose I'd go RotK)

I've never really been a fanboy though. I haven't seen the movies in a while even. But I've got it all pretty-much memorized just from watching the movies like 5 times each lol , and every line in it is part of me and my friends' daily quotes database ("YOU SHALL NOT PASSSSS... Calculus!" )

Favourite characters: They're all good, but Sam is such a hero, so he's gotta get some snaps

Least favourite character: Frodo, just because he's annoying

Favourite badass: Gollum!!!

Favourite moments: Dunno the technical name of the whole scene, but the part where Denethor sends Faramir and his battalion to reclaim the bridge and Pippin is singing that sad song whatsitcalled. Gorgeous scene.

The books or the movies?: movies!! I read all the books right about when TT came out, but they were just so descriptive... .

Interesting Fact: (added a field lol ) I hated the first movie, mostly because I was little and the Ringwraith screaming was SO LOUD and creepy in the theatres and I had no idea about what the whole thing was about. I like it now but still not as much as the others.

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
LOTR is probably holds the title of "best movie ever" (notice I count them all together as one movie but if I had to choose I'd go RotK)

Same here. LotR trilogy = best movie ever!
I'd pick Fellowship though if I had to choose.

How about you, guys? Fellowship, TTT or RotK?

Hobbes wrote:
I've never really been a fanboy though. I haven't seen the movies in a while even. But I've got it all pretty-much memorized just from watching the movies like 5 times each lol , and every line in it is part of me and my friends' daily quotes database ("YOU SHALL NOT PASSSSS... Calculus!" )

I watched RotK only a few days ago because it was on telly during the Easter holidays. I think I've also seen them like 5 or 6 or even 7 times each so far.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's the first time I'm talking about LOTR since the Christmas-holidays, when I was sick for two and a half week. During the period of being sick I watched the triology three times, and that is the extended version
Sooo... I introduce myself as a LOTR fan

Haven't got the time to write about how much I love it but... the reason why I got into it in the first place - well, a picture says more than a thousand words.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics (hot stuff mainly ):

Love this one. It's hilarious!

Best LotR scene, IMO:

Squeeee!

More hot stuff:

And some fun stuff:

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! I want a sign like that in Indianapolis somewhere! *falls over laughing* That's beautiful, Karolina!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I friggin love LOTR! Like you Ais it was my first real fandom. I wrote bunches of fanfiction and whatnot, and got really into it. I even read Silmarillion, which is one of the coolest books I've ever read. I love love love this show and book.

Favorite character: Faramir
Favorite couple: Faramir and Eowyn (boo to the no lovey lovey in the movie)
Favorite movie: ROTK
Hottest guy in the movies: Hard to choose, but, Karl Urban (Eomer)

My favorite question to ask people, though, is who do you think is prettier: Eowyn or Arwen? I have my opinion, but I want to know yours...

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, LotR! brings back memories! I love the trilogy soo much! I was really obsessed with it while the movies were out, but since then really I haven’t watched them much. RotK has to be my favorite following Fellowship. I actually DID make a fan video, though I wasn’t intentionally making one. I took the scene of Sméagol changing into Gollum and put the song Time of Your lives over it, with WMM. Nothing special at all. Early memories of the movie though had to be me and my cousin were in Colorado at this dude ranch, and the lodge had like a movie night, so we watched Fellowship all night. The third movie was the one though that made me really think about being a film maker. lad there’s a thread for this. Glad theres a thread for this!
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viggo is my husband..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime wrote:
viggo is my husband..

Can I have Sean Bean???
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Jaime wrote:
viggo is my husband..

Can I have Sean Bean???

Yes you may..Just don't touch V-go
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: