Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discuss LVI 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got it. Thanks Warren.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, leave it to me to be the first person to have trouble sending in my vid and info.
Ok l've tried 3 times now to send in the vid on the Submissions page but everytime l enter in all the stuff l'm supossed to, this is what it says "Some required fields were left blank.
Click the Back button on your browser and try again."
Ok l left nothing blank so l was just wondering what can l do to fix this problem.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you check in a box for which character it is? Did you choose a category at the bottom pull-down? Did you upload a working image? Did you fill in EVERYTHING else...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
Oh no, leave it to me to be the first person to have trouble sending in my vid and info.
Ok l've tried 3 times now to send in the vid on the Submissions page but everytime l enter in all the stuff l'm supossed to, this is what it says "Some required fields were left blank.
Click the Back button on your browser and try again."
Ok l left nothing blank so l was just wondering what can l do to fix this problem.

hmmm.... you know what's weird? The vid is in our staging area 3 times! LOL and all the fields seem to check out okay Are you sure that message appeared the first time you sent it in? It might just be detecting that there is already a copy of it or something when you sent it in... anyway, if it's not directly on the site when you submit it, remember that's because we need to screen them first to make sure everything checks out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it said "Some required fields were left blank.
Click the Back button on your browser and try again." the first time l did it. l filled out everything there was to fill out. l even resized my pic smaller so that it would fit. hmm...should l try again???
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I think I see... the first one you submitted had a weird link I don't know what you put there, but it didn't work right. I just added that latest one, which was working fine.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops...sorry about that wrong link there. Ok it's up now. Thanks.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
Hmm... I'm doing that now... but I'm wonering if that's allowed I'll check.

Ok Hobbes. But if it's not, please let me know whenever you find another solution. Thanks

Okay, I got the results from my forum post and I've talked all about it here: http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1038
Sigh.... turns out we're NOT allowed... what a surprise!? Something useful not ALLOWED?!?! GOSH!?!
Harry

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I missed all the action... I was out all weekend and havent been by a computer in a couple days LOLS.... NEWAYS... The site looks great! My banner looks awsome too YAY! Luvs it!
littlehutt

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new version ! Clear, simple, plus nice layout.
Great work !
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No it said "Some required fields were left blank.
Click the Back button on your browser and try again." the first time l did it. l filled out everything there was to fill out. l even resized my pic smaller so that it would fit. hmm...should l try again???

Did you click the "continue" button at the bottom of the page or the one next to your vidder name? Maybe that's what's causing the problem? Just a thought.

I ran into some trouble submitting too... after I got the "preview" window and clicked "submit video to LVI" (or whatever it says) I got a "Parent directory" page from the Apache server - and I'm pretty sure that's not where I'm supposed to end up, LOL.

Anyway, I didn't get a confirmation that the vid was sent, so I hope it got through okay. And as a side note; the vid has already been judged and rejected. But I don't see anywhere to make a note about not having it judged again... It would be great if you could add some kind of "notes to the council" thing or just a check box like Hobbes suggested.

GREAT job on the site though, it looks AMAZING!!!!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I ran into some trouble submitting too... after I got the "preview" window and clicked "submit video to LVI" (or whatever it says) I got a "Parent directory" page from the Apache server - and I'm pretty sure that's not where I'm supposed to end up, LOL.

Hmmm..... that's strange were you doing anything differently? And what video was it? If it made it through, another council member already passed it through the checkpoint lol. So if you can't find it on the site, then we're in trouble And did it create a topic...? Next time just copy that error and PM it to Enchirito or post it in the council help post deelee We need to know these things! Bah! There are still a few kinks to work out here and there.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Holly_baby84 wrote:
Hobbes wrote:

Ok Hobbes. But if it's not, please let me know whenever you find another solution. Thanks

Okay, I got the results from my forum post and I've talked all about it here: http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1038
Sigh.... turns out we're NOT allowed... what a surprise!? Something useful not ALLOWED?!?! GOSH!?!

Damn it eh Hobbes. So much easier not to mention simpler to just do it my way but oh well.

Anyway l was wondering if it would be totally outta the question if we could just ask the vidders to upload the vids we love onto YSI or RapidShare for us. l kinda don't really feel like downloading another program l have no clue how to use. My computer is also already pretty much full as it is. l'm one of the fans that like to burn the vids to a disc, that way l can delete them right after and watch them on my tv at anytime. My computer kinda sucks ass...lol. So l need to make room for the new vids. So what do say????
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
Hobbes wrote:
Holly_baby84 wrote:
Hobbes wrote:

Damn it eh Hobbes. So much easier not to mention simpler to just do it my way but oh well.

Anyway l was wondering if it would be totally outta the question if we could just ask the vidders to upload the vids we love onto YSI or RapidShare for us. l kinda don't really feel like downloading another program l have no clue how to use. My computer is also already pretty much full as it is. l'm one of the fans that like to burn the vids to a disc, that way l can delete them right after and watch them on my tv at anytime. My computer kinda sucks ass...lol. So l need to make room for the new vids. So what do say????

Don't worry about not being allowed with the stupid thing I JUST found out WHY we're not allowed and that's because they "don't get page views that way" it has NOTHING to do with the means of download, only the fact that they don't want you to download at all! That WM recorder thing was just acceptable because they were affiliated with it So go ahead, download the regular way, and HOPEFULLY they won't be able to do anythign about it... like ban your account
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

Hmmm..... that's strange were you doing anything differently? And what video was it? If it made it through, another council member already passed it through the checkpoint lol. So if you can't find it on the site, then we're in trouble And did it create a topic...? Next time just copy that error and PM it to Enchirito or post it in the council help post deelee We need to know these things! Bah! There are still a few kinks to work out here and there.
The vid is on the site, so no worries. Nope, I didn't do anything differently - just clicked on the "submit" button. Oh, and the "notes to council" thread wasn't there when this happened and you were already on the topic here so... Next time (but let's hope there isn't one...) I'll post it over there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: