Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discuss LVI 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! Finally LVI is back!! YAY!!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime wrote:
ok. what about the picture thing. i dont know how to make mine jpeg.

That is a question for Hobbes, E, and anyone else with an answer...lol.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime wrote:
im confused. when submitting a video do we still email it to you guys or just use the thing on the site?

Why, the thing on the site of course! You imput all that information, then choose submit, and then submit again, THEN it goes to a secret staging area that only council members can find, where we check it to make sure it's a valid video and all the info is right, then we add it to the site for everyone to see! ( so ALL videos submitted to the site will be listed on it! NOT just the ones we pass with the council!) THEN, while the video is still up on the site, we also open a topic in the council video voting forums, where we will vote on the videos of which to give a council seal of approval (which is basically an award of excellence) and any videos which get it will then show up with a little icon next to them stating that they are indeed a council pick! Yay!
Enchirito also invented an AWESOME auto-poster that makes a topic for aqny video submitted to the site, so instead of downloading directly from the site, you get taken to the thread it's in, and download from there. This should encourage more people to comment on a video after they watch it, and hopefully sign up on the forums!

And since we expect to see so many more videos in the future, since EVERYONE who submits a video will get it on the site, we decided to make some special search controls, such as a search bar, and the vidder, author, and song searches, so you can get EXACTLY what you want as fast as possible! Notice, we also updated our affiliates page (check out Sledgeweb's site! AWESOME SITE)
There's also a new way to sort vids, with the different categories (btw, check your videos, and any that don't seem to fit in that category, just PM me, and I'll get E to change them )

BTW! I didn't think I could do it, but I somehow managed to upload every video on the site to Putfile or Rapidshare >.< which means any video on the site SHOULD be able to be downloaded now! If I missed any, PM me about that, too, and I'll fix it

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun May 22, 2005 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. so ppl, how do you do it then?(you know who you are)
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime wrote:
ok. what about the picture thing. i dont know how to make mine jpeg.

what picture program do you use all you need to do, is when you choose "save as" look for a section that tells you what format to use, and choose JPEG

And another reminder: NOBODY USE YOUSENDIT >.< I am NOT gonna renew 20 videos every week If you use yousendit, then you are the one responsible for it running out or not working if it's Putfile, Ill do the best I can to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, lets all FREAKING thank Enchirito because he absolutely did EVERYTHING here. His amazing skill as a webmaster made all of this possible you just gotta love him. AND somehow he manages to hold a job and go to school, along with finishing his "Out of context" video! give it up for E, he really deserves ALL this praise!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Enchirito. BIG CONGRATS FROM ME TO YOU.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, if it's already been answered, sorry for being redundant. I have submitted 3 vids that did not make it onto the site. Can I resubmit them, so then they'll be on here, just without the seal of approval??
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Enchirito!!!!!!!
I declare May 22 Enchirito day from here on! (i dont think i have that much power but im sure we could work something out .)
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
I have a question, if it's already been answered, sorry for being redundant. I have submitted 3 vids that did not make it onto the site. Can I resubmit them, so then they'll be on here, just without the seal of approval??

I'm glad you asked this because I'm sure others are wondering the same thing. The answer is yes you can resubmit them. They won't have the Council Pick seal but they will be archived on the site.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostcalier wrote:
Uruviel wrote:

I'm glad you asked this because I'm sure others are wondering the same thing. The answer is yes you can resubmit them. They won't have the Council Pick seal but they will be archived on the site.

In fact, we encourage you to do so!
Now, I just hope we remember which ones we saw, so we don't have to vote again on all those videos

Hey E? Feel up to adding a checkbox that someone can click so that a video doesn't go to the judging area...? It seems FAIRLY simple to little ol' ignorant me it would just need to go to the review section, but not the judging section... hmmm.....
(this would mean the shy people wouldn't need to worry about their video not getting an award, because they could just make sure it wasn't in the running)
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK l have another question. lf we use RapidShare, does this mean that the file size can be bigger then 10 MB. lt said something about RS allowing 30 MB of space and l was just wondering if we could send the vids in using RS with a much bigger quality. Or do you want us to use PutFile instead???
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New forum homepage if anyone wants to try it
http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/portal.php
You can still use the old one if you like, btw.
Just another awesome invention by our great Enchirito
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aweosme forum Hobbes or should l be tellin this to Enchirito. l love it.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
OK l have another question. lf we use RapidShare, does this mean that the file size can be bigger then 10 MB. lt said something about RS allowing 30 MB of space and l was just wondering if we could send the vids in using RS with a much bigger quality. Or do you want us to use PutFile instead???

Good catch! Yes, indeed you can have videos as big as you want! It's up to you! but remember that the bigger it is, the less chance you have of someone downloading it. And also remember that while putfile allows hosting for almost eternity, Rapidshare needs a video to be downloaded every 30 days, so it would be wise for you to check on it every month, or else the link might expire
Also, I'm afraid we can't accept any judging submissions in Rapidshare, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, because it only lets a person download one video every hour (a PAIN in the ass if, say... two people sent in files with Rapidshare!)
So my diagnosis is: send your video to be judged with Putfile, under 10MB, then as soon as a thread is posted for it, upload a larger version to TRapidshare, and give people the choice to watch whichever one they want! that way EVERYONE's happy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: