Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.0 Troubleshooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the thing with it being the folder's name that was actually causing the problem happen to me before as well. I did sort of the same thing, renaming the file down to a single letter and it still kept getting kicked back out for the "special characters" thing. Finally realized one of my folders had the offending character in its name!

I ended up just renaming the folder so it wouldn't cause that problem again but you have to be careful doing that if it's a folder with vidding material in it, something that will cause your video editing software a problem if you go back to open a project and suddenly all your clips or the project itself says it can't be found! (Ask me how I know THAT. A while back, I nearly gave myself heart attack until I realized I'd changed the folder's name with my clips in it and thus WMM couldn't find those clips anymore!)

Hopefully this will solve your problem!
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
When I try submit my video picture the site gives me this:
"Your Image Upload has special characters.
These are not allowed.
Please change your file name and try again. "

I've tried renaming and re-saving the file multiple times. The characters shouldn't be unreasonable. I even resorted to saving it under the letter r. It's the right dimensions and the right file type so I don't know why its not working.

I'm having this exact same problem. I even tried Hobbes' and Aislynn's suggestions, but I'm still getting the same "Please change your file name..." message.

Any other suggestions?

"You are the one who lies close to me..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=3948

This video doesn't have a topic. Dunno if that's been mentioned or not.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

Uh-oh....hey Warren, I think that was my fault....when this vid got posted, it created 2 topic threads. So I thought I deleted one, but apparently it deleted both. *will not try that again*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pendora-lass wrote:
IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
When I try submit my video picture the site gives me this:
"Your Image Upload has special characters.
These are not allowed.
Please change your file name and try again. "

I've tried renaming and re-saving the file multiple times. The characters shouldn't be unreasonable. I even resorted to saving it under the letter r. It's the right dimensions and the right file type so I don't know why its not working.

I'm having this exact same problem. I even tried Hobbes' and Aislynn's suggestions, but I'm still getting the same "Please change your file name..." message.

Any other suggestions?

Could you post the text in that upload field? I could figure it out if I could just see what's causing it Hmmm...

Quote:

got it. Thanks!

Quote:

Uh-oh....hey Warren, I think that was my fault....when this vid got posted, it created 2 topic threads. So I thought I deleted one, but apparently it deleted both. *will not try that again*

Nope, you deleted one but it was the one listed in the database unfortunately . Next time there's a double post, try and delete the one that doesn't link from the "Watch and Discuss" link from the vid's page (you can tell by the last numbers in the URL). But anyway, no worries, I'll see if I can figure it out before that lol...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could you post the text in that upload field? I could figure it out if I could just see what's causing it

How do you mean? Which upload field? I'm confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means the info that pops up in the Image Upload box after you've browsed for your pic...

Huh, I just tried to upload one of my earlier pics so I could give an example and I couldn't get it to let me copy that field, Warren. It was grayed out under Edit and wasn't an option if I right-clicked it. Okaaaaaaay... *sound of Aislynn confused by computers, programming and the Internet in general*

Anyway, it looks like C:\Documents and Settings\Aislynn\My Documents\Vids in progress\Tonight.jpg

Basically everything from C: until it ends in .jpg. And if that's not what he means, well then, all that copying from one tab into another was just for nothing.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Ais said
or in other words (err... pictures)

The highlighted text in that pic. It shows up after you select the pic you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
What Ais said
or in other words (err... pictures)

The highlighted text in that pic. It shows up after you select the pic you want.

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm on a Mac or something...but that text doesn't show up for me....what I get is this:

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mac screens really ARE prettier!

Yeah, I guess there's no text there for you.... hmmm....

what folder is it in? Desktop?
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Wow Mac screens really ARE prettier!

Yeah, I guess there's no text there for you.... hmmm....

what folder is it in? Desktop?

Haha, just one of the many things that makes Macs superior *wink* J/K.

Yup, it's on the Desktop.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it normally works with other files?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*whew*

Okay, I just did a major rehaul of the image upload thing, and I THINK it should work now . Now it should only check the file name instead of the whole path, so it shouldn't matter what file you're using!
(I also made it accept a few more characters than before... but once it works for you I'm gonna ween it off a bit to a safer level - too risky from hackers otherwise )
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren *whines* it's still not working!

I think it is a mac thing. I have one too and i've tried to save the file to every path imaginable (desktop, documents, pictures, etc). Let's face it. LVI is discriminatory against macs.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, this doesn't make any sense. I've been able to submit videos just fine before. Unless this has something to do with the new server..? I dunno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: