Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Cry Me A River" by Aislynn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: "Cry Me A River" by Aislynn Reply with quote

"Cry Me A River" 05-21-2005
An experimental character study of Jack, focusing on his
darker feelings revolving around Kate. Or, more succintly: an Angsty Jack
vid. Nuff said!
Song: Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 4:02 (9.8MB WMV)

Link: http://www.badongo.com/vid/215648
http://www.villainous-imagination.com/aislynn/Aislynn_Cry_Me_A_River_Angsty_Jack.zip
(Permalink generously hosted by Ringwench 8) )
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, for WMM1, that is the most creative video I have ever seen those scenes near the end with Jack breaking the coffin and pounding on Charlie with the flashes of colour were the absolute BEST ever ^^ And I loved how you did those quick cuts to Sawyer. This song was just perfect for this situation! LOL It couldn't have been done any other way The pure storyline of this is more than I see from all the months of judging now, it just really really does what it has to do WELL! I must say, this was well worth all the work you put into it. (Oh wait, aren't YOU the one who's supposed to proclaim that? ) LOL. Very nice job. I'd like to see what you could do with a real vidding program... though I fear it would take all the originality away all those fades and inverts and such would take away from classic vidding like this! So perhaps I should stop encouraging you to upgrade to SP2, and just leave you with your crazy WMM mwahahah
Btw, thanks for the mention though I would hardly consider my little courtside pep talks to be worthy of credit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, Hollywood nominated this video at www.oceanicawards.tk for Best Angst
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I submitted a PB&J video to this song three times and it never made it.

Likes Warren said, this was GREAT for something done in WMM. *claps* I loved it when everything was turning red near the middle-ish/end. Timing was fantastic. The best I've ever seen in WMM. Great work!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say it, but thisvid sucked.

JK, this is one of the very best videos ever! And for it, being made with WMM1... Wow.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, I missed that one when it was running through the council but that was freakin' amazing. Would have definitely gotten a yes vote from me. You are like the master of WMM1. Anyone that can make a video like that with WMM1 deserves an incredible amount of credit. Great job!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC Aislynn got a yes from me!
Did I tell you how good the vid is? considering using WMM1.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just caught this thread moving again! Thanks to everybody for all the kind words!

Hobbes: You know I love detailed feedback! Thank you muchly, Mr. H! And yes, you very rightly deserved a shout-out for all the pep-talks you delivered as I kept trying to piece this poor vid together! *gives "manly" thump on the shoulder* You rock, pal!

Jaime: Oh man, that's so cool! Thanks so much for letting me know! I'll definitely be checking out your site!

phoenix39: Sorry to hear about your PB&J vid! Hope you won't feel like you can't submit it again just because I ended up using the same song, though! After doing the "Cells" challenge, it proved to me that no two vidders ever interpret a song the same way. Would be really cool to see what you make of this one! Thanks for taking time to comment!

MovieGuy: Geez, you sure know how to give me a heart attack, doncha? I read the first line and was like "YIKES!" This fellow enjoys toying with my emotions, I tell ya. His fic down in the Fan Art thread is thisclose to killing me! LOL! Thanks for the compliment!

lostcalier: Thank you very much for taking time to comment. I'm really glad to know that Angsty Jack would've gotten a yes vote from you and I appreciate you letting me know that!

lostzilla: Heh, yes, 'zilla, you did tell me that before. But please don't let that stop you from saying it again!

Thanks!

~Aislynn
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I can't stand Justin Timberlake I don't actually mind this song, coz it's a bit darker than his normal stuff... and you really made it work well with the characters and storyline... nicely done Aislynn
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, l remember way back when you first posted this vid in HHH because the site was down and l believe l was the first one to comment on your video (atleast l think l did first. l don't know, l could be wrong), anyway and after the site came back l never commented on it here. So here l go again.

l'm not a huge JT fan but l have to admit, l've always liked this song. LOL
Your video was amazing btw. l loved all the little Sawyer cute but smart ass smirks of him you stuck in there. The red flashes were an awesome touch as well. All the Angsty Jack clips were fantastic, l mean you really chose the best clips for him.

Ok l'll sum it up now. All and all l absolutely loved this vid and thank you so much for making it Aislynn.
Great Job.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's funny that Aislynn is getting all this "great clip choice" praise, when she probably used almost every single clip she has just to make this vid! Still a great video, and they couldnt be more right about the clip choice thing (though I am still perplexed as to how it was done! ) I often add the "[adjective] for WMM1!" but it's not really needed. This is a great video by itself. the WMM1 thing is just an added feature that makes it even more amazing! LOL

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen_angel: You know, I was tempted to not use this song because I was afraid that it would make people not even give Angsty Jack here a chance! I'm glad that you (and everybody else who has watched it) didn't let JT scare you away! Thanks for taking time to comment...and for watching it in the first place!

Holly_baby84: Yes, you were the very first comment I had when Angsty Jack went up into Hobbes' Hosting Hut! I was SO happy that you gave it a good review because I was completely unsure of how it was going to go over! Thank you so very much for nominating it on Jaime's Oceanic Awards site! And thanks for coming back and adding your comments in again!

Hobbes: I consider it especially cool when people say I did a good job with the clip selection because you're right - I've usually had to scrape together every single clip that I have to make a vid! Of course, Ringwench gave me a massive assist by putting together an "Angsty Jack Clip Care Package" or otherwise Jack would've only been Slightly Perplexed instead of Angsty! Thanks, however, for mentioning to those who might not know that the reason why I don't use a lot of the cool vid effects that everybody else does is because WMM 1 doesn't HAVE any effects!

Thank you again to everyone for checking out Angsty Jack and for pausing to comment! Greatly, greatly appreciated!

~Aislynn
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise well deserved I reckon...

this is definately in my top ten, regardless of the artist (the song is actually growing on me the more I watch this vid)

keep it up
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a real masterpiece
I loved it, and normally I'm not into Kate/Jack/Sawyer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duuuuude, I LOVE this vid! Wow. Amazing.

I have a secret dislike for Jack (he reminds me too much of myself), but this video really put him back in my good graces. It was great to see the Kate/Sawyer/Jack triangle from the good doctor's perspective.

Gerat use of song, great editing. I have no idea what a WMM1 is or I would compliment you on that, too. I'll quote the others and say that I loved the color changing--- that was awesome. I also really liked the fast shots of Sawyer on the "HIM" in the chorus. It made me laugh, for some reason. He always looked so smug.

Yay for Angsty Jack. I love him, now.

Bravo!

___blind.filmmaker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: