Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End (Spoiler Warning)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the links!! I'm really, really looking forward to the movie, but I read somewhere that they're going to make three more PotC movies. I hope it isn't true because I'm kind afraid it would ruin everything.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they will make any more Pirates movies.

I did hear tho that Sam Raimi has said that he would make 3 more Spidey movies after this new one if he gets the right scripts

I think movies should stop at 3 at most... otherwise it just gets old (for example please note Rocky movies and Beverly Hills Cop movies *shudder*)

In some cases 1 movie is enough (The Matrix series!!!! and the Ocean's Eleven series *shudders again*)

3 is enough in my opinion and I am so looking forward to 'At World's End'
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Thanks for posting the links!! I'm really, really looking forward to the movie, but I read somewhere that they're going to make three more PotC movies. I hope it isn't true because I'm kind afraid it would ruin everything.

Yup i'd seen that, Johnny Depp wants to do more too BUT they'd have to drop a main star as its too expensive. That'd probably be Orlando.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noo! Orlando!! Oh well, I suppose if he's in England it's more easier to stalk him

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAAH! My friends saw the movie last night but I'm sick so I couldn't go with them!! GRRR .... but they weren't totally up for fight this morning when they pretty much walked directly from the cinema to school The movie ended at 4 am and they began school at 8 am.

Anyway, they said it was great but a little bit too long and it had a really crappy ending.
...pretty much like any other movie, huh?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing it on Saturday. I wonder what happens in the end then? Hmm..

Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's great! not as good as one but better than 2. It's bigger and badder, with everything going completely ott. In 1 we were amazed by seeing the crew of zombie-pirates but here there is
Spoiler:

a battle in a giant whirlpool between two mythical pirate ships, one being crewed by invincible fishmen, and there's still room for will and elizabeth to get married in the middle of this bombastic swashbuckling frenzy.

It is fantastic, but i do feel it's a little TOO fantastic. It loses a lot of character charm from the first two. I felt there wasn't any scene in it that had the brilliance of the duel between jack and barbossa in 1. It just tries to do too much.
And plus
Spoiler:

the bad guy goes down without any fight at all.

HOWEVER, it is still an awesome film, and you should all go see it.

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pretty good movie. Not bombastically amazing, though, in my opinion.

As far as adventure and action goes, it was really awesome. Lots of fighting, etc.

Kind of a confusing plotline. Though, that might've been due to the fact that my friend and I were whispering things into each other's ears the whole time.

Not as funny as the first two, I thought.

Spoiler:

They really abused the minor characters that appeared in the first two films, in my opinion! A LOT of focus on Jack, Will, and Liz, which kind of sucks, because I'm more into the characters that they don't spend a lot of time on - Norrington, Pintell and Ragetti, etc.

BUT - This is all my opinion. Don't let me get in the way of your viewing experience!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree! I just got back from seeing it. The beginning was so confusing and hard to keep up with cos they kept introducing new characters and plot lines. The special effects were AMAZING. I loved the Will/Elizabeth stuff too.. i'm such a shipper! I can't help it! The whole film was action-packed from the start. It's so cool. As for the humor, not so much. I think I laughedoutloud twice and even then that was prolly cos everyone else in the cinema did so I thought i'd add to the moment. But I didn't think the end was a letdown like some people have said, I actually liked it. Wasn't corny or cheesy at all.

SPOILERS (ONE MAJOR ONE):

Spoiler:

I CAN'T BELIEVE JONES STABBED WILL! I was like "Oh they want us to THINK he's gonna die, when really he's not.." and then they pulled one over me and actually did it! At least he came back to life. Uhhh.. sorta. I got kinda emotional when Elizabeth saw her father and he sailed away, and when Will died. I thought Keira's acting was pretty good in this film, compared to the other two.

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not reading any spoilers, i'm going to see it tomorrow and gonna stay spoiler free for the film

i'm also going on a school trip on 21st june where i will be seeing again POTC hehe
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to see Harry Potter for our school trip

wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
We're going to see Harry Potter for our school trip

i vote your school as the cooliest school ever!!!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know right?! And its all beacuse we're going to this new museum type thing, called Dickens World (cos where I live, is where Charles Dickens grew up and lived) and next to it is a cinema, and basically if you want teenagers to go to a museum you gotta give them something back

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow coolies just been to see POTC OMG its really good

Spoiler:

i know the whole Will stuff i was like nooo, kinda hoped that Jack did do what he did. He helped saved Will

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Warning, not a happy review. This is looking at it from a frequent-movie-going perspective of someone who really hasn't been waiting for this movie or watched the trailers or had anything to do with the fandom at any point. You have been warned...)

Spoiler:

Is anyone else a little frightened for humanity that this movie is #1 in box office?

Worst plot I've ever EVER seen - didn't make ANY sense - and it was just plain inexcusable since the series had NO limitations or anything from any book or whatever that it was based on, not to mention it had THREE HOURS to tell that story. I don't even get why they did it so badly - it's like they were deliberately pushing the envelope to see how far it could go, and see what some big-budget movie can get away with. Apparently, it's a lot. The story and mythology was like what you'd get if you gave a crack addict a pen and pencil, and the jokes and epic moments were way too token and not even that funny to pull it back out. Aside from some (probably about average) acting from a bunch of stars playing fun characters, there was really just nothing about this movie I can praise. Nonsensical plot, character development, story, mythology, dramatic buildup - it just didn't make freaking sense!! Things weren't even consistent - like when that mini-pirate guy fired a big gun in the first few scenes and flew backward, then later fired the SAME GUN while balancing on a POLE in the middle of a TYPHOON and didn't even jerk back. It's like... ug. I can accept things not being possible in real life - I can accept the fact you wouldn't fly back like that, I can accept there's magic and curses and whatever - but I can't accept when a movie just uses those things for every step of the way in some deus-ex-machina-ridden crapfest and THEN doesn't even abide by the same rules they just put in place!
And they didn't even have an excuse for this! I mean, Pirates could have had ANY PLOT or do ANYTHING they wanted and it would have been fine - there was no Tolkien encyclopedia to include like in LotR, or thousands of comics like Spider Man 3. They could have done WHATEVER THEY WANTED and it still would have been a blockbuster. Not only that, but they made it 3 hours! That's more than enough time to take your sweet time and have people understand what's going on.
But nooooo.... instead they used a ridiculous plot full of the ol' "Pirate" moments where someone double crosses someone else - for a reason only made clear by a whispered line from a guy with an accent a few times. Then they stuffed it full of random new characters and action scenes and... viola!
I mean, did anyone know why Will's dad was fighting his son? I mean, wtf, that was central to the stupid plot. I'm sure there was a reason, but if they can't make that clear with THREE F***ING HOURS to work with, then there's just no excuse there. There's no forgiveness.

I kinda should have known this was coming from the last movie. They were trying for that "epic" look back then already, but were still a bit closer to the "fun" zone the first movie (WHICH WAS THE ONLY GOOD ONE) was in. But this one - this just lost anything good the first movie had in one desperate, AWFUL attempt at being epic. It's just gotten to be a pure fan injection for the shippers and squeers of the world. And you know, that's fine, normally, but NOT when it gives the illusion that this movie was a good one. It was not. It was the worst thing I've seen from a big-budget movie, and more accurately - Disney - ever.
These guys don't deserve a fandom as big as they have. I mean, I've seen fanfics written ten times better than this awful script. I just can't forgive it, or its popularity. This thing is a threat and a disgrace to the good movies of the world...
*sigh*

And to think... they're already counting their money for the fourth one... I think I feel sick.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: