Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x11 - Enter 77 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode was....I dunno really. Not bad, the flashback stuff didn't really have much to do with anything at all frankly. We already knew Sayid had trouble coming to terms with his past before, so it was really a bit boring. Sorry Sayid
The rest was quite cool, but they kinda gave away what would happen with the C4 and then the enter 77 if the place had been breached/found. Nice to see Locke and Sayid doing something again though.

Ping-Pong was just good fun. Knew Sawyer was gonna get his ass handed to him Paulo and Nikki ruined all that though just by being there.

So overall I rate it "Meh". Entertaining enough but rather pointless

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! So glad you posted that! I figured it was something similar to that, but just like you said, I wonder what the other solution was (haha, the OTHER solution lol I'm a dork)

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, a total shocker coming- Im actually *enjoying* LOST again....really, I liked last weeks. I liked this weeks. And I want to send my condolences to you lockster's and B.A.L.D.eers- that sucks, but if you think about it, it fits right in with the evolution of his character...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sayid. I love you. Although he did terrible things in his past, I still care for him tremendously. Maybe it's seeing him how sorry he was for his past sins. This is one episode where I actually enjoyed the flashback more than the island story... the last scene with Amira almost had me in tears. (Island story was great too!)

And warren... I have no idea where they're going with Locke and I totally understand your frustration. Locke is not even a favorite of mine and I was upset by the way they decided to portrayed him in this episode. I hope the writers do have a purpose in mind by having acting like that.

One last thing... Why do the writers always feel obligated to give Sawyer a storyline in almost every episode???? The guy was heavily featured in the mini-season and now that they are back at the beach, he's the main focus of the beach storyline. Could they focus on Sun or Claire?? As I needed a Jack break, now I need a Sawyer break. Love the guy, really... I just think he's been overexposed.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah Elle you speak Russian? (or whatever language that was!)

It'll probably be a long time before we find out what it was all about, if ever!

cylune wrote:

One last thing... Why do the writers always feel obligated to give Sawyer a storyline in almost every episode???? The guy was heavily featured in the mini-season and now that they are back at the beach, he's the main focus of the beach storyline. Could they focus on Sun or Claire?? As I needed a Jack break, now I need a Sawyer break. Love the guy, really... I just think he's been overexposed.

hehe I love Sawyer, but I'm with you there it does seem a little like they are just trying to give him storylines!

While I'm on the topic of Sawyer, Damn Hurley, Damn him to hell!
How dare he deprive Sawyer of his nicknames!
When they said it was for a week I thought, 'that's okay it's only for a week.' But I've just realised that a week on the Island can be quite a few episodes for us!
I love Sawyer's nicknames! *stamps foot*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Okay, a total shocker coming- Im actually *enjoying* LOST again....really, I liked last weeks. I liked this weeks. And I want to send my condolences to you lockster's and B.A.L.D.eers- that sucks, but if you think about it, it fits right in with the evolution of his character...

Same with me. Last week's and especially this week's episode felt right on track with the kind of Losty feel I fell in love with, despite the whole Locke fiasco going on. I appreciate your condolences. I also agree that it kind of fits with his character.

I just hope either one of two things happen with Locke:

1. Like Further Instructions, people just put it behind them and slightly forget.

Spoiler:

Locke's huge paralysis reveal in two weeks and island storyline will explain a lot about what happened and what's with his motives these days, so his actions aren't "stupid" anymore.

I prefer the latter to happen.

sig by IslandofMystery
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Elle, thank you for the translation!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll make this short and brief.

1) Love the Russian eye-patch dude (Mikhail was it?), too bad it looks like he won't be around too long.

2) WTF, they killed Ms. Klugh!!

3) First Sawyer gets his ass handed to him in poker, now ping-pong?! Good grief, they need to tone down the use of Sawyer. They didn't even develope that "sub-plot" that well. I know he is a huge favorite but it's getting ridiculous to the point of just spam. (so much for being brief )

4) Speaking of spam, yay for the 15 seconds of Nikki and Paulo.

5) Locke should get a restraining order that doesn't allow him to be within 100 yards off any elctrical device.

Final note in what I took away from this episode: If you need someone to type in numbers for you without taking any precautions and taking it on good faith that it will be beneficial, Locke is the man for you. However, note that such things have tended to blow up. Hire with caution.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

The sad thing is that's true . It's just one more step in his downward spiral ...

You know, I really think the writers want to kill Locke.

Here's why:
1. it would make a good story
2. it would give them a chance to make his story come full circle - and have people care... JUST before he dies
3. he is no longer loved by many, and hated by plenty. Plus, he has the blame for blowing up the hatch on his shoulders.
4. leaving this island is pretty-much not an option for him. And if that's the happy ending, then he can't be in it.

here's the evidence:
1. he is continually the source of some stupid thing - like this - that infuriates the viewers, or at LEAST just makes them lose any respect they had for him. A baby monitor really wouldn't be out of place any more
2. it seems the writers want us to hate him, just because he's the constant source of problems for the others, and doesn't seem to have any logic left in him.
3. the writers who initially came up with his character in S1 are long gone, and he's been getting worse (in my opinion) since that time.
4. all the character development Locke made in S2, or at least most of it, was thrown out the window this season. When work like that is just thrown out, you know it's not good.
5. there's never anything "good" about him any more Like, just think of one recent episode where you actually thought Locke was good? Ug.

Here's why it probably won't happen for a while:
1. he's infinitely useful as a plot device, so long as he plays the dumb sabotagee who blindly follows "the island"'s (aka the writers') words, with no reasoning for his actions necessary
2. there's still an opportunity in the future for him to become a villain that outwardly opposes the Losties' bid to try and get off the island (please please please please please take that turn. Make it so these sabotages were intentional and my idol isn't some freaking idiot!!!)
3. the stupid science/faith "theme" would be wrecked
4. occassionally people like that creepy Locke-look

Quote:

I'm just one of the few Locke fans it seems who isn't throwing firecrackers at him in a box.....

That's the way you wanna play it, fine. Be the one who still "cares". This isn't my Locke. Enjoy yours.

Thanks for the condolences (and cookies ) guys, anyway. I'm glad that at least nobody here is ready to burn Locke at the stake for another stupid move But what's worse is that everyone else seems to be used to it, or they just don't care. Meanwhile I always cared, and I was always on the "he didn't do it because he's stupid" side, but now my last reserves are being depleted . I'm like... ashamed to be a Locke fan... and I can't stand to have to play the defense anymore, so instead of sitting back and let others tell me just what's wrong with Locke I'll say it myself. At least then I can blame it on the new writers and don't have to fathom the worst thing I could hear, which would be: "Locke was ALWAYS like that." No, he wasn't. There was a reason I loved that character. You just can't see it right now, and possibly never will at this rate. But I can hope.

Quote:

However, as somebody who saw her Beloved Southern Boy get turned into a tree-frog-squishing, Sun-kidnapping, all-around A#1 jerk-o-tron at various times in Season 2, I have great sympathy for the Locke fans having to endure watching their guy apparently get turned into the leader of the Island's Moron Brigade. *sigh*

That is definitely true. And now Sawyer is tied with Jack as the best character of season 3 in my book so perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Quote:

Oh, and how Sayid figured out that Mihail is the other Sayid is such a smart man

I find it funny Sayid only manages to develop a clever plan when it's his episode, but otherwise is about as blonde as Locke . If only he was this good in the Season 2 finale.

Quote:
Haha to Sawyer's nicknames and his "who the hell are you?" My favorite I have to say was "looks like Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon have something over there." Oh and "Avalanche" was pretty great too. But seriously, no nicknames for a week? That's painful.

heheh, I loved his "the grimace" nickname for Hurley I only caught the reference because I work at McDonalds but this is the character he was talking about: http://www.snarkygossip.com/wp-content/grimace.png

Thanks for that translation ITV! Interesting .... hmmm....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LOSTOnAnIsland
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Hobbes! Don't give up on Locke yet.
He's a complex character and sure (or a least I hope) that he can be the brilliant character that he used to be.
I still think that he is, he has his moments but he's still the same as he always was. He's always done what he thought 'the Island' wanted him to do, it would be silly t change that. And I think that there was definitely more reasoning behind him pushing the button, in this ep, than just 'Oh I wonder what this does!'
I still have faith in Locke, not everyone has always liked him but regardless of what he's done or does he's still always gonna be one of the most interesting characters on Tv!

Hobbes wrote:

heheh, I loved his "the grimace" nickname for Hurley I only caught the reference because I work at McDonalds but this is the character he was talking about: http://www.snarkygossip.com/wp-content/grimace.png

hehe, A McDonalds character? Seriously, where does he get all his nicknames from?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

I haven't seen this week's episode yet (just finished downloading it ), but I'm with Ruth here: I'm also really enjoying Lost at the moment... even the flashbacks! The only flashback I didn't like much was Jack's last one. I'm really glad that we're finally seeing the "beach people" again and that the series is not only about Jack/Kate/Sawyer anymore (especially since Kate really annoys the hell out of me at the moment).
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right with you there!
benos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noj wrote:
Episode was....I dunno really. Not bad, the flashback stuff didn't really have much to do with anything at all frankly. We already knew Sayid had trouble coming to terms with his past before, so it was really a bit boring. Sorry Sayid
The rest was quite cool, but they kinda gave away what would happen with the C4 and then the enter 77 if the place had been breached/found. Nice to see Locke and Sayid doing something again though.

Ping-Pong was just good fun. Knew Sawyer was gonna get his ass handed to him Paulo and Nikki ruined all that though just by being there.

So overall I rate it "Meh". Entertaining enough but rather pointless

No, Paulo and Nikki are the best characters in the whole series!

JUST KIDDING. I think they have some importance, just you wait.

Last edited by benos on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh that episode was THE worst episode of season 3 in my opinion.
Basically what happened?
The flashbacks were kinda stupid and not connected to anything. The ping-pong thingy was just to give us a break from Sayid and the flame station was totally boring!

And still no Jack. They should make a Jack spin off show. Then i'd not have to watch the beach people *kidding, I like Claire and Charlie*

Anyway hopefully Claire's episode will be good. I like Claire.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing--Locke didnt let the animals go, did he?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: