Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aislynn's new DW wallies and stuff (updated 2/16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

This one is definitely my fave Aislynn, not sure why.

*sigh*

(yes I'm supposed to be in bed!)
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiraMarie wrote:
I'm not a supernatural fan, but who can deny the gorgeousness of that man... sigh. Plus the coloring is way cool! I love the one in the bar with the yellow sign behind him. That one makes him stand out even more.

Aw, thank you so much!

SuperKC wrote:
This one is definitely my fave Aislynn, not sure why.

Thanks! You know, I was afraid at first that that one needed "more" to it but every time I started to add in more color elements, I wasn't happy with it. So I finally just left it with just the sign and the liquid in the glasses. I think what I like about it is that it's just SO stark, the lighting, the black and white, even his expression as he's looking right at us. Then there's that pop of neon yellow behind him... It seemed like it worked to me, so I'm really happy to hear that y'all have liked it, too!
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see you do this with Lost, Aislynn! It would be so cool, like with Josh! Although, if you do one with Josh I just might have to steal it for my wallpaper. However, I do have a lovely pic of Desmond and Claire on there right now. lol.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I have been considering doing a version of this for the Losties... It's good to know that somebody would be interested in seeing them! I'm going to try to finish up my Skate vid next, then I may come back and "color" some more! It's just so fun!

Thanks again!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize it's been so long since I updated this! I always meant to go back and do a full set of colorizations for the Losties but haven't yet! I did do a Josh Holloway one, though... (Naturally )

And look! It's Aislynn's First Vector Node Transformation Practice Thingie! Shiny!

And, as that I've just recently gotten into Heroes, I just did these walls for Zachary Quinto aka Sylar. (Yeah, he's the villain... )

Aw, he looks so emo in that last one, doesn't he?

The Dark Cavalier by Margaret Widdemer (1958) is one of my most favorite poems and it just seemed to suit Sylar very well, in my opinion.

Song lyrics: "What I've Done" by Linkin Park; I was tempted to actually do a vid to this song for Sylar but a quick YouTube search showed that it's been done several times before. So I made use of it this way instead.

And because I ended up just loving that snow globe I made, I did a textless version of it as well.

I did icons that are crops from each of these walls but figured there wasn't really any need to post them here unless somebody just happens to want to see 'em.

Apologies to all of my LJ friends who just had to look at these things twice, lol!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Sawyer one, is pure awesome. I really like your effects, in your art!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, thanks so much! ♥♥♥!!! I've really been trying to get better at all of the graphic art things, from icons to walls to just "artistic" things like the colorizations. It's terribly fun to practice! Thanks again!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what program do you use? Your effects are awesome, and I really love that Sylar/snowglobe one. My art never comes out that well, or looking as good as other people's do. I'm not sure what it is. I totally stole your Zachary wallpaper btw. It's awesome.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
Wow, what program do you use? Your effects are awesome, and I really love that Sylar/snowglobe one. My art never comes out that well, or looking as good as other people's do. I'm not sure what it is. I totally stole your Zachary wallpaper btw. It's awesome.

Why, thank you! *beams* I'm so glad that the Zachary wallpaper got to go to a nice new home!

Anyway, I use Paintshop Pro 8. I've had it for years but I've just recently started making an effort to learn what all it can really do! I love playing around with it!

Thanks again!
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! There's hope then! The thing is, I used paintshop pro 8 and haven't discovered it's full potential either.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
YAY! There's hope then! The thing is, I used paintshop pro 8 and haven't discovered it's full potential either.

Oh, I think you do a great job with it! I really loved that last icon batch you made!

Quick, meaningless update:

Here are a couple of walls that I made for my LiveJournal friend's birthday. They're not anything spectacular, by any means, but hey, it's Josh Holloway in one and Dean Winchester in another! That's gotta be worth something, right?

I tend to like the basic texture-background/pics in tidy boxes look, what can I say?

And here was me trying to let Dean out of my usual box style and going for a grungy blended look.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOUR JOSH ONE! Very nice job. Simple, yet great pics! I especially like the middle and the left. Hmm...I've never been good at wallpapers, I should work on some...
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks! *hugs!* ♥!

Wallpapers have been something that's been really hard for me to get a feel for; I think it's 'cause they're just so BIG that you really can't easily see how they're looking while you're working on them. Which is probably just something that bugs me. But I've been trying to do more of them lately to get some practice on them! (Plus it's fun to keep changing my own desktop around, lol! )

Anyway, thanks again!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Wallpapers have been something that's been really hard for me to get a feel for; I think it's 'cause they're just so BIG that you really can't easily see how they're looking while you're working on them. Which is probably just something that bugs me.

Um, yeah, it's not just you. It's precisely why I don't do wallpapers Those are really good though, Ais, and I LOVE the grunge brushes on the Dean one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh, sorry I forgot to answer you, Jen! *smacks forehead* Thanks so much! *super(naturally)nuttier!hugs!*

Now, when I get to feeling sad, I...make more mock motivational posters. Only 2 are Lost and only vaguely related at that, sorry.

*deadpan* Yay, can't wait for the shipwars to begin again... Not shown: Skaters and Jaters being hated by everybody else.

Yes, this was a very intellectual one. *nods* From left to right: Lee Adama (Battlestar Galactica), Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Dean Winchester (Supernatural), and an adorable Southern bad boy with dimples. ♥!

Trufax, Ianto... *nods* I actually made an icon out of this pic a few days ago, then decided to make a motivational out of it, lol!

That was the first thing I thought when I saw this pic, "Dude, is the Doctor playing air guitar???"

And speaking of the Doctor... The Ninth Doctor is my Doctor. *draws hearts around him* ♥♥♥!!!

A few more here if you want to see 'em, mostly Doctor Who 'cause I'm head over heels in fandomlove with that show, lol! They're so big I didn't want to bore you by posting the rest of them here if you didn't really care to see 'em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: