Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PutFile
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: PutFile Reply with quote

I noticed you guys using PutFile - How long can you keep the videos up on that site. I went through their FAQ and I couldn't find anything about it. (Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.)
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes some looking to find but it's listed in the FAQ of the site. Here is what they have listedo n there site:

How long will my files stay online for?
Granted that you do not violate our TOS, your media will stay online for the duration of its activity plus six months. This means that as long as your video or image receives one view every six months it will stay online forever.

As to why we are using putfile now will be explained more once 4.0 goes live but I discovered this place a week or so ago and we in the council so far think it's definitely a great tool to use.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only bad thing about putfile is the file must be under 10MB, but it basically COMPLETELY hosts your video for FREE by doing so. It's basically exactly what we were in LVI 1.0, only now there's unlimited bandwidth! WOOT! So USE IT I never want to hear the word "yousendit" ever used again! Unless, of course, you're hosting a file bigger than 30MB... (1-30MB videos can be hosted on Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.de/, which is ALMOST as good as Putfile. [last download +30 days])

Also, make sure you don't send in videos with rapidshare unless absolutely necessary, because it only lets people download once every hour (thus, judging gets interrupted )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
So USE IT I never want to hear the word "yousendit" ever used again!

Ah, I finally stumbled across your post in which you express your YSI anger! Should've refered me here earlier, my brutha, and I would've made an effort to not freakin' ask for a YSI link every time you turn around. Oops...

I'd promise not to do it again, but I probably won't be able to stick to it. But you above most other people on LVI ought to know about my goofy connection problems. YSI works for me more often than just about anything else, which is why I sorta default back to it. But, since I'd rather not cause a massive spike in your blood pressure, I will promise not to ask for a YSI link if I can possibly see the vid by any other means. Deal?

~Aislynn

PS - Or unless of course I just really, really, really want to save the vid so to watch it over without having to wait for it download again. Er... You know, I don't think it's looking good for your blood pressure, Mr. H! Yikes!

Oh no, I really will be the death of you! *runs away in shame that she just caused Hobbes's head to explode*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Aislynn YOU aren't the one who's the problem posting a link once every twelve hours for you to download with isn't the problem, it's the possibility of having to deal with renewing every video submitted to the site every week because some people are foolish enough to post their videos with links that only last for seven days then need renewal, when they could just be using one of TWO incredibly more useful links to harness their video power!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
LMAO Aislynn YOU aren't the one who's the problem posting a link once every twelve hours for you to download with isn't the problem, it's the possibility of having to deal with renewing every video submitted to the site every week because some people are foolish enough to post their videos with links that only last for seven days then need renewal, when they could just be using one of TWO incredibly more useful links to harness their video power!

Thank you.

Yet...

...I still feel shame.

~Aislynn
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to get PutFile to work at all... It's the same thing with Yahoo's and ABC's online video players. Streaming media is pure murder for my computer. I either get the Blue Screen of Death or it just freezes up completely and I have to reboot. And here I was, hoping I'd finally get to see all those vids I missed during the BT era... *sniff* Just my luck... Oy! Poor Hobbes... one more begging for YSI links...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starchaser wrote:
Oy! Poor Hobbes... one more begging for YSI links...

We seriously need to form a club of some kind... Maybe we could be the "Sisters of the Blue Screen of Death" or something snazzy like that? We could have T-shirts and everything! 'Cause believe me, I've gone to Blue Screen of Deathville more times than I'd ever care to remember!

*send sympathy*

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starchaser wrote:
I can't seem to get PutFile to work at all... It's the same thing with Yahoo's and ABC's online video players. Streaming media is pure murder for my computer. I either get the Blue Screen of Death or it just freezes up completely and I have to reboot. And here I was, hoping I'd finally get to see all those vids I missed during the BT era... *sniff* Just my luck... Oy! Poor Hobbes... one more begging for YSI links...

*Cries* Damn, DAMN I was so close!
CURSE YOU MICROSOFT!!! CUUUUUURRRRRSSSSE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, lets make this work what is your internet connection Starchaser? Is it something fast...?
And how much space do you have on your hard drive?
And do you have any problems with downloading 1GB of video files at a time...?

If your answers to those questions are Broadband, Lots, and no, then start making a list of every video you want to see, and I'll get them for you in one care package OR I can upload the entire collection, but that might take a little while, since it's about... oh... 1.4 GB Actually... that's not that much! Want it?
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We seriously need to form a club of some kind... Maybe we could be the "Sisters of the Blue Screen of Death" or something snazzy like that? We could have T-shirts and everything! 'Cause believe me, I've gone to Blue Screen of Deathville more times than I'd ever care to remember!

LOL, Aislynn... I'll get to work on those T-shirts!!

Quote:
Okay, lets make this work what is your internet connection Starchaser? Is it something fast...?
And how much space do you have on your hard drive?
And do you have any problems with downloading 1GB of video files at a time...?

If your answers to those questions are Broadband, Lots, and no, then start making a list of every video you want to see, and I'll get them for you in one care package OR I can upload the entire collection, but that might take a little while, since it's about... oh... 1.4 GB Actually... that's not that much! Want it?

Oh, that would be awesome - if I had the space that is... Right now I'm trying to get some better quality eps and my HD is getting overloaded as it is. Don't think I can fit 1.4 GB anywhere, lol. But please, hold that thought, cuz as soon as I can clear up some space I'll def. take you up on it. Well, maybe not for the "entire" 1.4 GB collection...but still, lol. Thanks a bunch! *hugs Hobbes*

I have a 0.5 MBit ADSL connection (Don't know if that's the term you use in the US, though...?) Anyway, it takes about 2-3 hours to DL a 350mb file... does that answer your question? LOL
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?p=11509#11509
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, there was a question about being able to capture the streaming video from the site onto your own computer. I asked the pros at the help forum at Putfile, and here's what they said:
http://forums.putfile.com/viewtopic.php?t=1694
which led me to here
http://forums.putfile.com/viewtopic.php?t=1689
which said we can basically only use the WM Recorder to get our videos. SO that leads me to here:
http://www.wmrecorder.com/?src=Putfile3
where you can try out the free trail. Or buy the product.
OR, if you're feeling like stepping outside the law, you can go here:
http://w2.isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=wm+recorder&ext=&op=and&nr
which has a copy of the full version up for download. (the 10.1 version. no, it's not REALLY Infected )
OR, if you don't want to use torrents, PM me, and I'll see what I can do
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Master File links, Hobbes! You put them on YSI...?? I just hope I can get enough space cleared up on my HD before those links expire... LOL

About downloading streaming media...
A few of us over at Lost Media were having the same problem with the ABC video player and we got some helpful info here:

http://www.lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7565

Haven't tried this myself yet, though... But if I can't get it to work you can expect a PM from me.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again... I wouldn't try it... the Putfile guys don't "recommend" it, so I'm just sticking to the one thing they do recommend I got it working great, and I wrote a walkthrough so anyone can get it working too. PM me and I'll send it over yousendit or something
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: