Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x03 - Further Instructions Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

And anyone else thinking of the scene with the wolf in Neverending Story?

OMG!! It so does, maybe if the bear was a little bit more black though. That scene use to give me nightmares

Quote:
Nobody can deny that this Locke is a great Locke. It just scares me how fast the old one can be thrown down the river, and makes me ashamed of why I even bothered to invest my time giving a shit about him.

*raises hand* I beg to differ. If you're talking about post season 1 Locke then I have to disagree. However, Locke as a "whole" is a great character as he is one of the few who actually has had a huge dramatic change...for the worse, but still it's great a great character development. I tend to look at a character's entirety, rather than in sections (if I didn't, Jack and Sawyer may not be my faves), maybe that would help to see that there aren't "two" Lockes but they are one. As for this whole "reverting" back to old Locke or "Return", that's just not possible. I'm sorry but no character can be their "old selves" as their are events you cannot erase, things you cannot take back. Sure you can follow the same mannerisms but people/charcters develope as time goes on and in that sense you can really never be your "old self". He'll still carry what he was developed into during season 2 through the show's end.

Quote:
Though I do agree, that was waaaaaaay too long to have dragged it out. There was a great deal about S2 that felt out of kilter to me, as if the timing was being forced to go too slow or too quickly. I didn't hate S2 or anything, but it just felt like it missed so many things! Like it came close to this potential and it just kept missing the ball.

I totally agree. They kept side stepping not only answers, but the original characters from season 1. They had to make room for 4 "main" characters so there was a lot of catch up but with very little pay out.
Aislynn you make the best cookies What's you're secret? More importantly, what do you put in them

Quote:
However, the thing with Locke is that I don't see it so much as them "resetting" him to Season 1 Locke. I feel like he's on a journey and that obsession with the Hatch was just part of the road he's on. He started off with this unwavering faith, then he focused it all on the hatch because if the hatch didn't MEAN SOMETHING, then Boone died for nothing. That was what I saw in him at the end of S2. "I was wrong" covered a lot more than "I was wrong about the button not doing anything." He was wrong and it had cost Boone his life (or so his guilt was telling him).

LoL, for all who care, this is a better wording of what I was trying to say. I actually never really took it that he admitted he was "wrong" about the Boone incident during the implosion of the hatch. I thought he admitted it to "spirit" Bonne this episode...

Locke...love interest...yeah, first I'll focus on liking him more, then I'll see about "shipping". Him and Claire? Eeeeewwwwww... I saw that more just as a friendship and him looking after her and the baby.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
LOL! Yeah I wouldnt mind, but it would have to be the RIGHT somebody.

What's sad is they're kinda running out of available women, what with the "let's kill 3 women to every 1 man" thing they've kinda been doing...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
Aislynn you make the best cookies What's you're secret? More importantly, what do you put in them

Aw gee, thanks! I put hearts, flowers and rainbows into them, then sprinkle them with love!

*has sugar overload*
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Welcome Savanna, always good to have another weird commentator in here:

So were just slipping into another dimension, right?

Thanks for welcoming I'm totally weird commentator
Yeah, it's just what I was thinking about this background ..and it's just so visible, how they cut Sayid figure in a not very great way and put it on this creepy background

And about the discussion: love interest for Locke - May be some "other" lady. From our Lostaways he could have smth with Rose, but what will do poor Bernard (just kidding)..I really can't imagine Locke with anybody except Helen..but it would be relly interesting to watch if he actually will have such relations on a island..but I don't think is gonna happen.
I have read I think a month ago one Terry O'Quinn interwiew, and the question was like: What you did't like about your character? And Terry answered smth like - "there is no sex" . I was laughing so hard at this one
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this episode, it was freaky! I would have liked to have seen Claire a bit more or Desmond. Kate looked awsome in the airport! The flashbacks sorta ended on a pluph. Noticed once more there was the "You're Not A Murderer"
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savanna wrote:
And about the discussion: love interest for Locke - May be some "other" lady. From our Lostaways he could have smth with Rose, but what will do poor Bernard (just kidding)..I really can't imagine Locke with anybody except Helen..but it would be relly interesting to watch if he actually will have such relations on a island..but I don't think is gonna happen.
I have read I think a month ago one Terry O'Quinn interwiew, and the question was like: What you did't like about your character? And Terry answered smth like - "there is no sex" . I was laughing so hard at this one

Welcome to the discussion, Savanna, my Skate sister! (I'm loving your banner "Skate rulez!" )

That's a great (and true ) interview quote! That totally made me laugh!

rbexter93 wrote:
I liked this episode, it was freaky! I would have liked to have seen Claire a bit more or Desmond. Kate looked awsome in the airport! The flashbacks sorta ended on a pluph. Noticed once more there was the "You're Not A Murderer"

Wow, pluph is exactly the sound of the flashback ending! And I totally agree about wanting to see more with Claire AND Desmond. (Hm, Claire and Desmond... the psychic and the girl with the possibly psychic baby... Daire may be the way of the future, you know? )
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realllly like the idea of Des and Claire...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give a damn about effects...even in stuff like LOTR, which a lot of people love just for the awesome effects, I still wouldn't really have cared if they just had crappy stop-motion trolls with the same great story going on. The polarbear was fine to me, and besides you have to remember this time it was in a cave dragging Eko with him, a lot harder to do than out in the jungle running.

The flashbacks were the only thing that sucked this episode...usually I like the flashbacks, since they will atleast give a bit more info about the character, but I was just so angry we didn't find out why Locke was in the wheelchair. And wtf was this? Only useful bit of information was what that tent Locke was seeing Boone in was called.

I guess for me I try to stay positive with the show and don't look for the bad things...I trust the writers, that's why I've enjoyed all of the show so far and haven't spent my time complaining about Locke punching Charlie or the effects in "One Of Them". I never expect anything from an episode, and always end up loving it unless it has the title "...And Found". This ep, though, I sadly ended up expected something - to find out how Locke got in the wheelchair. I shouldn't make that mistake again.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
And I totally agree about wanting to see more with Claire AND Desmond. (Hm, Claire and Desmond... the psychic and the girl with the possibly psychic baby... Daire may be the way of the future, you know? )

[Leo Dicaprio Howard Hughes]The wave of the future....the wave of the future....the wave of the future....the wave of the future....the wave of the future...[/Leo Dicaprio Howard Hughes]

marcus wrote:
I don't give a damn about effects...even in stuff like LOTR, which a lot of people love just for the awesome effects, I still wouldn't really have cared if they just had crappy stop-motion trolls with the same great story going on. The polarbear was fine to me, and besides you have to remember this time it was in a cave dragging Eko with him, a lot harder to do than out in the jungle running.

Plus they're always trying to keep as low of a budget as they can for the production while still trying to look good, so I can understand why the effects aren't cinematic and perfect. And I agree with what you said. Plus, it gives Lost a kind of off-beat quirky style with the CGI effects.

marcus wrote:
The flashbacks were the only thing that sucked this episode...usually I like the flashbacks, since they will atleast give a bit more info about the character, but I was just so angry we didn't find out why Locke was in the wheelchair. And wtf was this? Only useful bit of information was what that tent Locke was seeing Boone in was called.

LOL, everybody bashes the flashbacks because they were really expecting the wheelchair incident. Fear not, Marcus.

Spoiler:

We definitely will find out how Locke got paralyzed in his next episode, this season.

sig by IslandofMystery
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have bashed the flashbacks if I expected to find out about the wheelchair, but I still wouldn't have liked 'em much.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

Welcome to the discussion, Savanna, my Skate sister! (I'm loving your banner "Skate rulez!" )

That's a great (and true ) interview quote! That totally made me laugh!

And I totally agree about wanting to see more with Claire AND Desmond.

I love how it sound - Skate sister ...I have to mention that your banner is fantastic (I can't stop watching the whole motion when I see it )...

Desmond and Claire I thought I'm the only one crazy Daire shipper. 'cause so many people love Desmond/Pen (but for me it's so obvious, so I think while Des on a island he could have smth with Claire ). I was so loving the whole Daire beach scene in last final It was't romantic, but it smth that I don't know why, but - admit, and thought that they could have smth with each other

Quote:

I trust the writers, that's why I've enjoyed all of the show so far and haven't spent my time complaining about Locke punching Charlie or the effects in "One Of Them".

Believe me that I was't actually bashing the whole effects Marcus, it's just was interesting and funny admit it to myself when I was watching the episode..I totally don't watching Lost for effects..(wih LOTR was the same for me ). Lost really have fantastic and absolutely new storyline(I have't seen in any other show smth like that ever). But you know it's just a question of prestige, of course people would't stop watching Lost for the weird background or bad animated bear, but mostly all audience will admit it for themselfes and this totally not good..For example all my friends who was watched Lost with me yesterday admit creepy bear, but that does't mean that they don't enjoyed the whole episode.

Quote:
I wouldn't have bashed the flashbacks if I expected to find out about the wheelchair

Same with me Through the whole episode I was making a theory's..smth like he would fall from the tree ('cause many tree's was in his flashback )..or Eddie would do smth bad to him...and in the end was nothing
Btw, (don't know if someone posted this or not) I just found on lost-media promotional photoes for this eppy..they cut so many things from episode for adverts Even the end of Locke episode

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage.php?album=1168&pos=8
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savanna wrote:
...I have to mention that your banner is fantastic (I can't stop watching the whole motion when I see it )...

Thanks! I keep thinking I'll take it down, then I realize that I'd really miss staring at it!

Savanna wrote:
I thought I'm the only one crazy Daire shipper. 'cause so many people love Desmond/Pen (but for me it's so obvious, so I think while Des on a island he could have smth with Claire ). I was so loving the whole Daire beach scene in last final It was't romantic, but it smth that I don't know why, but - admit, and thought that they could have smth with each other

I started off very much for Des/Pen until it dawned on me: if they don't ever put her on the Island, then poor Desmond is going to be love-interest-free! Nooooo! I...must...have...love...interests...for...characters...I...like! And I pretty much have to ship Claire with everybody, so Daire was a really good fit for me!

Savanna wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't have bashed the flashbacks if I expected to find out about the wheelchair

Same with me Through the whole episode I was making a theory's..smth like he would fall from the tree ('cause many tree's was in his flashback )..or Eddie would do smth bad to him...and in the end was nothing
Btw, (don't know if someone posted this or not) I just found on lost-media promotional photoes for this eppy..they cut so many things from episode for adverts Even the end of Locke episode

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage.php?album=1168&pos=8

Oh man, they really cut a lot out of this poor ep, didn't they? I missed Locke's line about missing his knives/being a hunter but I guess they thought it was unnecessary. I know a LOT of people really felt like there was no proper end to the flashback. For me, I was just glad he didn't shoot the cop because we've already got Kate and Sawyer as murderers and I really didn't want to see Locke going that way, too!

I didn't check it myself, but I've seen talk that this ep was several minutes shorter than the other ones. Has anybody found that to be true? Or do you think it just felt like it because of how many commercials there were?
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Quote:
I started off very much for Des/Pen until it dawned on me: if they don't ever put her on the Island, then poor Desmond is going to be love-interest-free! Nooooo! I...must...have...love...interests...for...characters...I...like! And I pretty much have to ship Claire with everybody, so Daire was a really good fit for me!

I don't want to Des stay alone too But I'm sure that Pen will find Island...

Quote:
Oh man, they really cut a lot out of this poor ep, didn't they? I missed Locke's line about missing his knives/being a hunter but I guess they thought it was unnecessary. I know a LOT of people really felt like there was no proper end to the flashback. For me, I was just glad he didn't shoot the cop because we've already got Kate and Sawyer as murderers and I really didn't want to see Locke going that way, too!

I didn't check it myself, but I've seen talk that this ep was several minutes shorter than the other ones. Has anybody found that to be true? Or do you think it just felt like it because of how many commercials there were?

I don't watch Lost on ABC ('cause I have't this channel , I downloading it always ). But Locke episode was shorter than previous too, nearly for a minute ...
And yeah, I was so glad that he did't shoot Eddie , but well I really thought through the whole scene that he would ...So, I love Locke character even more now
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Believe me that I was't actually bashing the whole effects Marcus, it's just was interesting and funny admit it to myself when I was watching the episode..I totally don't watching Lost for effects..(wih LOTR was the same for me ). Lost really have fantastic and absolutely new storyline(I have't seen in any other show smth like that ever). But you know it's just a question of prestige, of course people would't stop watching Lost for the weird background or bad animated bear, but mostly all audience will admit it for themselfes and this totally not good..For example all my friends who was watched Lost with me yesterday admit creepy bear, but that does't mean that they don't enjoyed the whole episode.

Ditto.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
harpreetd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop getting crazy ideas people....

Desmond belongs to Pen end of discussion (otherwise his character would not make sense).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: