Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooOOOoOo...I think i might attempt this...maybeee
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
I was looking at musicals today and found that Saturday Night Fever the musical uses the song Tragedy.I don't know who does the song in the musical.I know that it is the same song as the one done by the Bee Gees.My question is do I have to use the song as sung by whoever did it in the musical or if I can't find that information can I use the song as done by the original artist?

Kaory wrote:
2 more question (sorry) we will rock you is ok?(its a musical and if mamma mia is ok i think this too but want to ask) and i can use this musical the song have to be from the musical or can be the original version,singing freddy Mercury (i like it more with freddy voice)??

Macaila and Kaory, since the emphasis for this contest is on songs from musicals, then we'd prefer you to use the versions from the stage musicals themselves instead of the original Bee Gees or Freddy Mercury versions (which are definitely both awesome but just aren't what we're asking for here, sorry ).
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:
What if I wanted to do a video about one of the kids like Aaron or Ji Yeon, but... set in the AU future and about how their cannon parents cannon mistakes have lead to their heartbreak?

Does that make sense?
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh that's fine Yael, you can do a character study of one of the kids if you want, just make sure any romance of the vid is strictly for canon ships, like their parents as you said i would LOVE to see that, hope you make it

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry just double checking...
So I could do it as Ji Yeon in the future? I'd be doing some crossover casting, but all their flashbacks would be cannon.

Just wondering.. any advice on who to cast? TV is so racist there's hardly any asians!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, you can do a Ji Yeon or Aaron character study, obviously you would have to cross someone over to play them so that's fine, just keep all the couples in the vid Canon to Lost, so Claire and Thomas or Sun and Jin

Sorry, i cannot name one person!! TV is racist...there's that chick in Dollhouse but she might be a bit too old, depending on how old you want Ji Yeon Here name is Dichen Lachman.

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Asian female on television I can think of right now is Christina on Grey's Anatomy. She's had a ton of heartbreak, so maybe she would work?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also Ming Na, Shes on Stargate Universe now, but of course she spent a few years on ER.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks cause I know Grey's a lot better, but then I'd really have to commit to her becoming a doctor lol.

I wonder if Tina from glee could work... I'm thinking someone teenage. But she doesn't really do much either... RACISTS! lol
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually a lot of good Christina scenes on Grey's where she's not in scrubs...some of her best stuff, like crying in the mirror after Owen accidentally chokes her...she also lies in bed sad a lot lol. Plus there's the classic non-wedding stuff.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answering my question.I'll try to figure out who sings Tragedy in the musical.

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im1oftheOceanic6 wrote:
Thank you for answering my question.I'll try to figure out who sings Tragedy in the musical.

Macaila

You're welcome! If nothing else, you might can just credit it to "Saturday Night Fever cast" or the like. You just do the best you can in situations like that.
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
sorry just double checking...
So I could do it as Ji Yeon in the future? I'd be doing some crossover casting, but all their flashbacks would be cannon.

Just wondering.. any advice on who to cast? TV is so racist there's hardly any asians!

i only watched an ep of this show melrose pace but there was an asian girl on but she might be too old for what your looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhgqo-Sodo

oh and also maybe you could go thro old smallville eps when they were in highschool and use lana
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lana's not "asian enough" lol But I really like that girl from Melrose place. She's gorgeous!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use Naoko Mori -- she played Toshiko in Torchwood throughout seasons 1 & 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: