Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5x16/5x17 - The Incident
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I loved the Rose and Bernard stuff! Even though Bernard did look a bit like a mountain man, or Moses or something.

Yeah...saw Bernard and said "OMFG HOBO!"
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, alternate universes and time travel are huge in Star Trek for some reason. Just estimating, but I'd say 5 episodes per series (so I was exaggerating a little about the per season thing) involve an AU or time travel. hehe And yeah, the movie was like a giant Star Trek fanfic. LOL

Anyway, back to Lost. xD
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXAngelicEvilXx wrote:
SassyLostie2 wrote:
I loved the Rose and Bernard stuff! Even though Bernard did look a bit like a mountain man, or Moses or something.

Yeah...saw Bernard and said "OMFG HOBO!"

LOL Yes. xD it was very amusing, yet endearing at the same time. hehe
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah; finalyl I can post this!!!

OMG!!!! FINALLY!! AFTER TWO FREAKIN YEARS SOMEONE FOUND CHARLIE'S RING!!!!!!! Morgan and I can finally rest in peace! Yes; now im positive it'll get back to Claire at some point

and the Jawyer scene was so sweet :] loved Sawyer telling Jack to go and get her back ;P of course, sweet until the kick ass-ery ;P

When we first saw Jacob, i thought maybe he was Aaron all grown up, lol so weird that he's a part of some of the losties past...does this mean all of them do you think? Did he touch all of them? when he touched sun and jin i thought maybe that was his way of 'marking' them and then with Jack and the Apollo bar. but for what purpose i dunno

Yay for young Kate, Sawyer and Tom!! and Juliet and Rachel Sun and Jin's wedding was beautiful ;P

Rose and Bernard!!! Thank God!!! Beardy bernard 'son of a bitch' was so damn funny! And good to see Christian as normal Christian, not weirdy island christian And jack's 'time out' line was funny

gah, when Sawyer looked at Kate during the 'all we care about is being together' i thought here we go again :S More triangle in season 6; effing brilliant :S poor Juliet; she loves Sawyer like he loves Kate like she loves Jack :S it has literally been done to death. And it really cheapens Suliet; like sawyer was just using jules until Kate came back :S

and when we saw Nadia and Sayid; i literally clutched my chest cos i knew what was gonna happen; i cried in that last scene, nadia's lingering look at Sayid was so touching

heartbreaking Suliet scene, tho it's audio will prove useful for numerous videos as will the Kuliet scene!!! Kate saving Juliet's life?!?!?! Stacey; i bet you cheered out loud until what followed of course; i cried so hard

and the Jate scene was great!! FInally he asks about Aaron!! and they actually talked about claire; not just mentioned her in passing ;P I wonder why the whole Jack/Claire sibling thing hasn't come up again :S

i was wondering when we'd see how Hurley got on the 316 plane sad that Charlie wasn't the one to give him his guitar tho

One island, two Lockes??? that was so bizarre!!! at first i thought it might be Claire in there, then for some reason I thought Charlie, but another Locke??? i am glad ben got to have a face to face with jacob That was a great scene

and haha, Ben's a Pisces - me too!!!

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that my favorite seasons of LOST are in this order.

Season 1 (Of course it's my fav...it started the whole thing!)
Season 4 (The island MOVED for cripes sake!)
Season 5 (All the revelations, the questions being answered)
Season 3 (Mainly for the Flash Forward Finale!)
Season 2 (Dud. Sure it introduced the DI, but what I hated was the characters. Jack was a douche, Locke was acting....well SO not Locke. And everyone was fighting over really petty stuff.)

I was overall very satisfied with this Season. We got more answers than we did questions (which was a refreshing change from getting more questions than answers). Finally meeting Jacob, seeing Locke "resurrected" (even though it turned out not to be true, it was still a great moment). I've always been interested in time. What if you could change things, what if they went back in time. It was pretty fun seeing them suddently in the 70s and having to adapt. I think they used Faraday to explain it so well (to the other characters as well as the viewers), the issue with time and how to possibly fix things. I think, that that was the only reason unfortunately that he was around. Only to help the viewers understand the whole "time" thing. Then he got shot.

I am STILL psyched about Sun finding the ring! BOUT FLIPPIN' TIME! That was my favorite moment of the Season. Finding the Driveshaft ring. I think you're right about Jacob, Jourdan. I don't really think he's dead, however, it's a good possibility that he is.

He obviously had to know that Locke was not actually Locke. He knew this was coming, but he gave Ben the choice. Of anyone in this show, I firmly believe that Jacob is the only flippin' Good Guy on this show for Pete's sake! He gives everyone a choice. He influences them slightly (Sayid and Nadia's heartbreaking scene.) and probably gives them a little "push" (as he referred to it when speaking to Jack) that sets a chain of events in motion that leads to them coming to the island.

I can't believe that they would hype Jacob up for the past...what....3 or 4 Seasons, just to kill him off in one episode. Come on now, gee whiz, can we give him a little longer than one episode? I mean hell....Nikki and Paulo got WAAAAAY too many episodes.

But yeah...I think Jacob will still be making appearances. I would also prefer for real-Locke to pop up from his corpse like state and say "hibbity hibbity!!!" and be back, alive, and breathing. Ben should give the imposter-Locke a kick in the gonads and stab him too.

I'm worried about Sayid also. Last we saw him, he was sitting outside the van bleeding to death. Did they get him in the van? Did he die before the incident?

You know Kat, when I saw Jacob touch both Sun and Jin, a thought popped up in my head that said "Great...they can't have babies now."

I agree, it's almost as if he's marked them. He brought Locke back to life, so he could have those experiences in the wheelchair...to want to go on a Walkabout in Austraila. For Sawyer, it was to finish that letter. For Kate, possibly to show her not to steal, but that doesn't make her exempt from things like murder. I just got the feeling that he was just giving them a push, something to get them to the island, like what he did with Hurley.
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!

I totally forgot to mention...

I'M SO PISSED THAT THERE WAS NO JUN REUNION!!!!

I read somewhere (I think Spoilerfix) that Sun and Jin would reunite by the end of the season. Their flashback doesn't count, they NEED to be together again DANG IT!!!!!!!

ANGER!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I liked the finale... but there were definitely some things missing, like that should be-wonderful reunion and DesPenny, aka the most epic couple eva!!!!

Little Charlie and Aaron should hang out.

...with Ji Yeon.

Walt could babysit. (So long as he doesn't use his mind powers to make them smash their heads into the glass. )
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG that finale was amazing!!! I'm so glad Sun found that ring! I've been waiting FOREVER.

That last Suliet scene was heartbreaking, I nearly cried. (That's saying a lot for me, cuz I hardly ever cry at TV. ) Do you think she died, then, when the bomb went off? And WHAT ABOUT SAYID?? I'm guessing he's still alive, because it didn't show him dying or anything.

And heeeere's my theory about Locke and Jacob:

Jacob = God. Locke talked about how he went through a lot to get back after he died... I think maybe he did a deal with the devil or something. Or maybe the devil has possessed him, I dunno, but anyway - the devil wants to kill God. So he comes back in Locke's body to do so. Also, Locke said that he and Jacob have "met before" in a way. Obviously, if Locke is the devil and Jacob is God, then they've met before.

I also like that theory someone posted about the guy at the beginning - if he's Esau, and Jacob is Jacob, that's really cool and intriguing!!!

I can't wait for next season OHMYGAWD.

icon by becca
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that new Locke wasn't Locke at all, but the guy from the beginning. And maybe his 'loophole' was that he was in a different body/convinced someone else to kill him.

I like Jacob, actually. He just seemed pretty cool. Like he wasn't creepy or anything to me, just sort of... I don't know... nice.

I thought when he was saying that stuff to Jin and Sun that it was like he has witnessed their love before. I really don't see Jacob being dead. It makes no sense. He obviously knew who everyone was when he visited them. I think he will live to meet them.

AND, once again, he didn't meet Juliet. Which to me, says she is officially DEAD.

Have you noticed that when deaths are for real, they drag it out and make it really dramatic? Like Shannon, Boone, Alex, Charlie? They make sure that they will make most of the audience cry. But with fake deaths (or supporting character deaths), it's quick and easy and they don't try to extricate any sort of emotion out of you. And that was EMOTIONAL. All these signs say she's dead. I really hope she isn't.

Banner and Avi by me. I take requests.
riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elyse (and everyone) read the beginning of this article. It sort of goes with your whole God Devil thing, only it is 'Light and Dark', respectively.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2009/05/things-i-noticed-incident-by-vozzek69.html

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riay_night wrote:
I like Jacob, actually. He just seemed pretty cool. Like he wasn't creepy or anything to me, just sort of... I don't know... nice.

I thought when he was saying that stuff to Jin and Sun that it was like he has witnessed their love before. I really don't see Jacob being dead. It makes no sense. He obviously knew who everyone was when he visited them. I think he will live to meet them.

AND, once again, he didn't meet Juliet. Which to me, says she is officially DEAD.

I don't think she's dead, because she wasn't dead when she was down that well. I think, like Sayid, she'll live through it and we'll see her again I hope so at least!!!

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if she is really dead. But, is it just me, or would it feels like it'd be a cop out if she weren't? Not that I want her to be, cuz I was almost crying last night at Sawyer screaming and nearly throwing himself after her. But they have to have a good explanation for it. From what the writers have been saying though, I have a feeling she's gone, at least that Juliet is gone, to make way for the finale of the triangle. The real choice, which now just seemn ridiculious. There IS no choice anymore. Kate doesn't have much interest in Sawyer except for past feelings, she seems more into Jack, and rightly so, seeing as they were engaged and she hasn't seen Sawyer in 3 years. xD And Sawyer couldn't give a shit. He didn't want her there before (any of them there, really), and now Juliet is dead so I doubt he wants her now.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE. My favorite scene in the show has been the s3 "I Do" execution scene when Sawyer almost gets shot, but the last Suliet scene when James is holding onto Juliet's hand and begging her not to leave him... NUMBER 1 FAVE SCENE EVER! It was so incredibly heartbreaking and well acted, I get teary everytime I watch it!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, me too allie, that was such a damn heartwrenching scene

The thing is, if all is as they said and they did go back in time to before the crash, then Juliet isn't needed in the show anymore cos they never go to the Island. So even if she lives, we won't see her. granted, since (again im with you allie, at least i hope this happens) the triangle does seem to be quite heavily towards Jate, this leaves the door wide open for ConMama

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally highly doubt that the whole it never happened thing will pan out. One BIG sign is that we finally saw how Chang screwed up his arm! Right? Or is it just me?

Most people will think that the flash is the bomb going off. And it is never what most people think. So I want to say that it was a flash of some sort.

Guys, seriously, skim that article I posted above(http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2009/05/things-i-noticed-incident-by-vozzek69.html). I'm horrible at formulating theories and whatnot, so I always enjoy that stuff, but it's worth skimming.

It basically really harps on the point about how Jacob is a good guy, or the 'light' side of things, and how the smoke monster is the dark entity, who has been looking for a loophole to kill Jacob.

And, one big thing I didn't notice, was that Jacob touches EVERYONE that was on 815. I'm so bad with this stuff....

riay_night
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this is a big point from the article that I REALLY REALLY like. It first says that the smoke monster is the man in the dark shirt, or Jacob's enemy. Then...

Quote:
My theory on this is long and complicated, and probably has some holes in it... but here it is:

The man in the dark shirt was somehow imprisoned in the cabin, kept there by the circle of ash. This is who we first saw say "Help me" when the cabin was introduced. Maybe Jacob tricked him in there and trapped him, and maybe Richard even helped. This could explain why the dark man could at first only appear in one of his most ancient forms - the smoke monster - because his physical being was stuck in the cabin behind the circle of ash. We also saw him appear in the forms of Yemi and Alex, but only after having scanned the minds of the people who knew those characters.

Whatever the case, once the circle was broken the entity was allowed to leave. It took the form of Christian, but it also knew that Richard would never lead Christian to where Jacob was hiding out. It therefore needed to take the form of John Locke, a man who Richard envisions should be the true leader of the Others. As Richard points out, only the leader of the Others would be permitted an audience with Jacob... it's part of "the rules" and the smoke monster knows this.

And so the dark dude/monster develops an elaborate plan: To become Locke, it knows the original John Locke needs to die. But the island (Jacob?) won't let allow Locke to die; this is best evidenced when Ben shoots him point blank and he somehow lives. It realizes it needs to get Locke off island in order to kill him. It then uses ghost Christian to manipulate Locke into turning the wheel, where it knows/hopes Locke will be killed, while at the same time planting seeds in Locke's head that he'll need to die in order to come back. Ben dutifully brings Locke's body back on Ajira 316, thinking he's doing the island's bidding when he's actually doing the opposite.

The smoke monster takes over from there. All that's left at that point is to gain a weapon with which to kill Jacob. That weapon is Ben, and the dark man has been sharpening that weapon for a long time now.

Yeah, no? Is it just me? Maybe you folks realized this, but i'm a tad retarded. I see a circle of ash and just go, "Oh." Horrible at formulating theories...

I've made like ten posts now, i'll shut up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: