Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x11 - Cabin Fever Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a strange feeling that Richard may be Jacob...
Christian seems to have been possessed by Jacob but I think that Richard is his original form which he maintains throughout a bit like Mystique in X-Men although she can be other people her true form is that scaly blue woman. That's just a theory though.

I loved the Ben and Hurley bonding moment! lmao that was so jokes. Locke's flashback as a child was a real shock and I was expecting him to pick up the knife because of the whole 'hunter' theme he has maintained throughout Lost -although Richard was pretty pissed by his choice The orderly/Abaddon really scares me and I hope he does have some sort of big significance to the Island because he suits the whole ominous theme of it. As for Claire...that was weird...either she's dead and possessed too or simply a bit brainwashed, maybe this is the start of the big revelation that Jack is her half-brother. If Jack sees Christian, like Locke did, the truth may randomly come out.

Great episode despite Desmond being left behind, Michael being treated as he is, Captain getting shot and Keamy still alive - ugh he annoys me!

Can't wait for the finale!!

Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? hahahha
Maybe he's the next dark lord who'll rule over the maybe "already moved island" hahahha
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
DrPepper
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first: I'm still from Germany, so I say sorry in advance for my English ^^

On Topic: Whoa

That's what i call "confusing" xD

Somehow the whole episode was a big WTF-Moment and since I adore Locke, I really loved to watch this episode

I don't know what to say or even think about the whole Jacob and Cabin thing ... what is Jacob? Is Jacob essentially the island? Or is Richard the manifestation of the island? If not, then why isn't he aging?

How will they manage to move the island? With help from the "Monster"?

And what the heck is going on with Claire? I don't wanna believe she's dead!!! I refuse to believe that .. But that would explain why Kate got aaron

And what was in the little tin Richard gave the young John? (Is this called "tin"? ^^) Perhaps this sand like stuff which was also around the cabin? Hmmmm.....

You know I hate LOST for giving us so many questions without answering them. For every answer they give us, we get like 20 new questions But at the same time that's exactly what I love .. and in some way that's what I expect even if I don't like it

I can't hardly wait for the new episode to come.

-=+=-[You can survive or you can die - either way you lose]-=+=-
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrPepper wrote:

You know I hate LOST for giving us so many questions without answering them. For every answer they give us, we get like 20 new questions But at the same time that's exactly what I love .. and in some way that's what I expect even if I don't like it

I can't hardly wait for the new episode to come.

I agree totally. I love that it just makes you think you know! Thats what i love about the show, it has so many mysteries. Things are starting to tie together but theres still so much mystery!

Also about Claire, Damon and Carolton pretty much said in an interview that she was not dead, BUT something did happen to her.
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think Claire was dead...I wonder what happened? But I'm so happy Claire has a cool storyline now!

I dunno...I don't think Richard is Jacob. He just seemed too inferior to Ben...unless Ben doesn't know that Richard is Jacob...

art by me&tammy
GriiFin
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still dont get what some people think that Claire HAS to be dead. Just because Kate has Aaron with her in the future, doesnt mean that Claire is not alive and well on the island. I wonder what Christian (I dont even know if I should call him like that) told her. How somebody explains to a mother that its better for her child to be without her (or to be off the island). Claire looked like as if she knew exactly what is going on! That gave me goosebumps lol
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought she was dead when she said she was 'with' Christian.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGH. So many questions!!! D= But this was great, amazingly!

Dude, wtf about Horace, he is freaky O_O The funny thing was, before that happened, I was like "I miss the weird dreams/visions they used to have" Locke always has dreams that give him real clues! Like with Boone and the plane, and now the map? Hmm.
But throughout that scene it was funny because it just reminded me of a support group meeting where he's like
Horace-"Hey, I'm Horace and I've been dead for 12 years."
Everyone-"Heyyy Horace."

Woah, Guyliner dude’s back! WEIRD. Baby Locke is so cute though! Aww! Did little kid Locke draw the smoke monster?? WOAH.

Awwww! Teenage Locke! Bless his cotton socks! Ahh, and so the “Don’t tell me what I can’t do” is born yaay!

OMG, Weird dude from Hurley’s FF! WHAT’S HE DOING??? I SO thought he was going to push him down the stairs!!

That transceiver thing landed right on to Claire’s tent!! LOOK IN THE DAMN CRIB ALREADY! Jeeze ¬_________¬

Woah mannn, Claire seems so on drugs. What the Hell?? I think I want to know what's going on with her the most. It reminded me of when Ethan drugged her too. Maybe she's been brainwashed/pocessed/whatever.

Lol, move the island. I already knew someone was going to say that because of Paul’s PM on msn. Damn you, Paul ¬_¬ jk
I think Keamy must have some sort of bomb on his arm o.O Keamy's such a bitch. The captain was made of awesome.

Ugh, confusion. I want answers!!!!!! This was a good ep. But I so badly want answers now! I like the thought of the island being in the future or something O_O
DrPepper
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

Perhaps she just meant she's with him .. in the same room

I don't think she's dead either. Because of one simple reason: it sucks when she's dead So it cannot be (but I thought the same when Desmond started to tell Charlie that he was going to die ^^ Maybe this time I'm more lucky)

I also wonder why Richard left the room after Locke grabbed the knife. I expected him to took the knife since he's the hunter on the island. But Richards reaction was kinda confusing I think .... just like his question "Which of these things belong to you already?" WTF?

And how could little John draw the Smoke-Monster killing a guy? It's all so weird

Btw do u remember this guy who told Claire to take Flight 815? Back then he saw something strange when he hold Claire's hand ... it was something that scared the s**t outta him. Perhaps he saw Claire in the cabin?

Edit: "it just reminded me of a support group meeting where he's like
Horace-"Hey, I'm Horace and I've been dead for 12 years."
Everyone-"Heyyy Horace." "

HAHAHAHAHA

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HobbitRockGod wrote:

I dunno...I don't think Richard is Jacob. He just seemed too inferior to Ben...unless Ben doesn't know that Richard is Jacob...

But think about it what do we know about Richard? Nothing. He is a complete mystery from where we saw him young when Ben was a child to when we saw him young when Locke was a child. He doesn't age. He's the only abnormal character. It makes sense that if Jacob's words to Locke were 'Help me' wouldn't Jacob want to trick Ben by acting ''undercover'' as Richard as payback for whatever he's suffering from?
Ben may be the leader of the Others but he is subservient to Jacob so maybe if Richard was Jacob it would be a way to watch Ben and test his loyalty? The same with any creepy mystical leader - always has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMmmmmm, they just keep getting better and better!! I LOVE writers strikes!!!

OMGWTFLOCKEBBQSAUCE!!!

- See, this is why I'm a Locke guy. Because every time he gets an episode, it is AWESOME. Or at any rate, it answers some sort of mystery, or has him taking the plot a step further. And in this ep, he took it for a RIDE. SOOOO many answers (coupled with questions, naturally) from this ep. Locke and Ben are "special", Richard is immortal... ah. So awesome.

- So Locke seems to have survived multiple miracles. His birth, his falling out the window, and the plane crash... interesting.

- So, all these "special" kids were raised away from at least one of their parents. Walt, separated from his dad. Locke, from his birth mother. Ben, from his mom who died while giving birth. And now perhaps Aaron. . Interesting! I highly doubt this is coincidental.
Actually... I wonder if it was on purpose . What if Richard hit Emily (Locke's mom) with that car, hoping that it would force them to operate and take him out early, before she's ready to cope with being a mother?

- I liked the opener. I was like "hey, this isn't a FF, is it?!?" Poor John's mom

- lol, Ben "I dunno. I'm following him!" I like Ben. He's snarky.

- Keamy keamy you meanie. (Banana nana fo fimi)

- Woah, Micheal really is immortal!

- I forgot why Micheal was locked up for a while. Then I remembered how Sayid was being stupid. Oh yeah.

- Locke's visions rule. I like the rewind thing, it was creepy. And do I smell a new main character?!?! Horace, how has this show gone on without you for this long?

- Cool. Jacob DEFINITELY can take control/resurrect/create visions of the dead.

- RICHARD'S BACK!!! AND HE'S IMMORTAL!! GO HIM! (totally called it btw)

- poor Ben. He used to have dreams... but then the island just took them away! *sniff*
When Locke went to look at the Dharma Initiative pit, I was like "Ben, please don't shoot him again. Okay!"
But then, he couldn't even kill Locke. Awwwwww. Poor guy, must feel so useless and dejected.
"Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch" = Ah Ben.
Also, methinks Hurley will be Locke's "chosen one" successor. He saw the cabin again, after all.

- kid John and Richard. Interesting. You know what's sad? John could have guessed that test with a chance of 1/20 of being right. TV logic for ya...
Also. That was confusing. The compass and the vial of powder looked right. But so did the knife. Actually, I think he WAS right about the knife. I think Richard was just lying. Maybe he just wanted to know if Locke was special or not, but knew his time hadn't come yet.
But Locke was definitely special. I mean - come on! - smoke monster drawing?!

- called it. Most of the frieghties are good, and only had the mission of getting to the island. Then the second set of instructions kicks in. Interesting.

- Locke apologizing to Hurley was nice. And I think he was sincere in it - not just trying to manipulate Hurley like Ben implied. This is the Locke I like. This is my Locke. When he's not being used as a prop by other writers, trying to tell some other stupid character's story, or halting the plot, THIS is the real Locke.

- Locke IS a scientist! Ha!
(and since when was that not synonymous with being a "superhero"?! )

- I like Frank. He's cool. Which is good, because I think he - and all the other freighties still on the island when it "moves" - are gonna be stuck there for a while, and be main(ish) characters next season.

- I think the thing on Keamie's arm is a GPS or something. I think Widmore's anticipating the move.

- Desmond's not going back eh? Then I guess he's going home! Looks like Sayid's little dirigible is gonna be the transport of choice for the Oceanic 6.

- woah, Abbadon... interesting. I thought he was working for Widmore. And if he is - then was sending Locke to the island a ploy by Widmore? Was he sending him, knowing he would usurp Ben as the chosen one? Cool.

- Poor doc. lol

- The beach-ppl watching with smiles as the helicopter came was so hilarious. I pretty much can't stand any of those beachies right now. MAYBE Jack. MAYBE Bernard. That's about it.

- Christian Shepherd, we meet at last. I love this show.
I wonder if there IS a Jacob... maybe he's just the force that brings these spirits together or something.

- Oooh, creepy!Claire. Okay, I'm starting to think she's the key to this whole story. The fact she's hardly had any flashbacks, the fact she's in this little Council of Jacob, that she seems to know even more than Locke, that she's given birth to (what could be) a very "special" baby... and so much more. This is fascinating. I like! Claire being used in SOME WAY is a good thing.
And from that smile, I did not get the "she's on drugs" or "she's coerced" vibe. I got the "she's the player, now. She knows what's going on" vibe. I wonder if she's dead... Maybe this is ghost!Claire?

- candy bar LOL

- Move the island! Where now? Argentina? The Frozen North? 1492? Oh, the mysteries!

SO, predictions for the finale:
- Keamie and co make it back to the island, where they start hunting Ben and co.
- Sayid makes it back, and loads a single load of passengers. The Oceanic 6. How they are chosen is the interesting thing. How Jack, for instance, lets himself go is a mystery. Maybe complications with his appendix? That's my guess. Either that, or something threatens everyone, and he's forced to choose to either save those 4 (Sun, Hurley, Kate, Aaron), or save nobody. Still, you'd think he'd give up his seat to Jin. Could this be the moment where Jack and Sawyer fully switch places? Where Jack looks out for himself, taking a seat, and Sawyer stays back to find and protect Claire? Only time will tell!
- Someone probably dies. My guess is Frank. That, and Locke blows up the helicopter heheh

Is next week's ep part one of two 1.5 h eps? Or is it 3h straight? I can't keep up with these things, nowadays.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved this episode.
Ben had the best lines ever. Ben's wistful "I used to have dreams..." OMG I cracked up. I know its supposed to be sad, but I found it hilarious.
I am so annoying to watch LOST with b/c I crack jokes all the time. Like when Ben was talking about destiny and he goes, "Destiny is..." and I'm like "A bitch" so when he actually said the words "fickle bitch" I squealed with delight! Yay lost writers!

I am one of those people who is convinced that Claire is dead. I want to say she's been dead since her house blew up and now it's kind of a "The Sixth Sense" thing where she didn't actually know she was dead.
The evidence:
1. Claire's house blew up in a huge explosion that should have killed her.
2. She called for charlie suggesting that she saw him on the "other side"
3. When Sawyer asks her how she's feeling she says "a bit wobbly, but I'll live" and then Miles the ghost whisperer says "I wouldn't be too sure about that"
4. Miles the ghost whisperer begins to take special interest in Claire.
5. She was able to see Christian, who was confirmed dead by Darlton.
6. She is super duper freaky in the cabin.

Not the best argument ever, but I tried.

I was so nervous and freaked out by the cabin scene. I thought for sure they were gonna cut to the candy bar scene and as soon as Ben took a bite it would be BOOM "LOST" hehe, I'm glad they didn't.

I think we can see how the pieces are starting to fall together. The only thing I'm really waiting on is how Hurly ends up with the rest of the oceanic 6. Right now he's pretty far off from the rest of the crew.
I also can't wait to find out who's in the coffin.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At First: Thanks Hobbes Your post is so funny I enjoyed reading it ^^

And you're right ... I didn't notice yet that each "special" chara lost at least one of it's parents .. and yeah, Aaron perhaps is one of those special charas ... nice thought

@IamSoLostRightNow: uhm ... that would be kinda cool when she's been dead since her house blew up. Or not, for I don't like the fact that she's dead

I'm going to watch the episode again and I will pay attention on her behaviour after the house blew up. Perhaps you're right.

Btw. ... Now that we know that Kate raises Aaron she surely meant him when she said to Jack "He waits for me" in 3x01 ...

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think Claire is dead. I thought I heard somewhere that Darlton had confirmed that she's alive. It is soo cool that Claire might be the key to the whole show!! I can't wait to see how this story goes down....

art by me&tammy
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrPepper wrote:
SuperKC wrote:

Perhaps she just meant she's with him .. in the same room

Well obviously she is in the same room - that's not something she'd need to clarify to Locke. She meant something else. She's down. She knows what's going on. She's not being held captive. Etc. Or maybe that she's crossed over.

Of course, this would TOTALLY ruin Jawyercita...

(But unless she's brainwashed/drugged/dead there is no frakking way she would leave Aaron alone in the jungle.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: