Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hit The Road Jack" by Aislynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaow that was great fun!! Perfect song
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad it was you who answered my request Aislynn! I never thought I'd say this, but I am so glad that I couldn't vid for that long period of time. Otherwise, I would have tried to make this video and NO ONE could do it the way you do it! Also. it was fun seeing my name in lights at the end there! Woo hoo!
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it and as usual Auntie, you do know how to make a great vid
Well all the nice things have been said, so...you know how I love it...that's all I have to say.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we're on page 2 and everything...

Thanks so much for all the incredibly cool feedback! And thanks to MovieGuy for giving me a heart attack there...

Polarbear wrote:
Aislynn any chance you could make me a dark jater avvie I would love you forever If you feeling creative make a banner too that would be cool Sawyer as Han Solo/Luke skywalker that would be awesome!

I agree, there's not much I'd find cooler than Han Sawyer... I'm really sucky at graphics though, so am not sure how great of an avi or banner I could do. Hm, here's a basic one...

Okay, now you see why I don't do avi's and banners very often, huh? Sorry! Feel free to use if you'd like, of course, but I won't blame ya if you don't!

Awww, thanks for saying that, KC! I really had a great time with this one and I appreciate you letting me use your idea!

I'm glad that the Vader/Jater thing came across well! It was one of the last ideas I came up with and I almost took it back out because I was afraid it was too goofy!

Thank you again, everybody! I really appreciate y'all taking the time to comment!

~Aislynn
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
And thanks to MovieGuy for giving me a heart attack there...

Pleasure's all mine
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Aislynn wrote:
And thanks to MovieGuy for giving me a heart attack there...

Pleasure's all mine

IC
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for finally getting this working for me Aislynn (I know it was your FireFox browser, but think about it this way -YOUR Firefox browser )

Awesome. No actual animation, but it still has an animated feel to it. It's a really cool song too hehe.

Marcus, the "Young'un".

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome, Marcus! Any time!

marcus wrote:
(I know it was your FireFox browser, but think about it this way -YOUR Firefox browser )

Hobbes, please take note: I've become an official Firefox pusher. Well, it really does work! And if I could get it to work, then you know that anybody can!

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the review, Marcus! So glad you enjoyed it!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hobbes, please take note: I've become an official Firefox pusher.

At last, I can die happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Aislynn. I love you so. If all vidders were as good as you, I would be reviewing until my arms fell out of their sockets.

Another heaping dose of Style Points (tm) for you!!

For making Jate not only enjoyable, but extremely hilarious.

The astounding editing, such as where Kate was seeing Jack kissing his wife, and Jack was spying on Sawyer and Kate's happy-crazy waterfall romp.

The superbly classic song choice.

The way that you would have a clip sort of... play over itself? I'm not sure how to describe it. Like when Jack would turn around, and then he would turn around again, and again; the same clip several times in rapid succession. I really, really liked that.

And especially for making it all looking like it was actually happening! From Jack spying on that Skate love fest to him slamming shut the Marshal's case like he was actually packing his bags to leave... it was all incredibly well-done.

And you get an enormous this-should-go-down-in-vid-history moment for the ending, when Kate threw the rock and it "hit" Jack in the face. That was just sheer brilliance.

Aislynn, you're in a class by yourself. The blind.filmmaker bows to you.

___blind.filmmaker
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*love!!!*

Wow, you do the most awesomely detailed reviews, blind.filmmaker! I really, really, really appreciate all the thought you put into what you say. It means so much to know what was working in a vid! Thank you so much!

I'd be remiss, though, if I didn't point out that the song choice was SuperKC's. This was my very first attempt at answering a request. The sheer insanity that followed, though, all sprang from my own strange little mind...

The thing with Kate "hitting" Jack with the rock was a last minute addition. It just seemed like the vid needed to end with a "pow!" And what could've possibly been more "pow" than the old "hit in the head with a rock?" Not that I advocate hitting people in the head with rocks, of course...

Thank you again! *bows in return to blind.filmmaker*

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watching this again, and I still love it those trumpet bursts are always hilarious. My fav would have to be the jumping from the gunfire at the Marshall.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Devan
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God, that was priceless! I loved it soo so much
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes: Tee hee, that part with Jack jumping like that turned out to be one of my most favorite parts of this vid, too! And... I guess I can reveal this at last: the editing on it was a total fluke. I put the clip on the line, trimmed it without previewing it first, and it just... line up like that!

Devan: Thank you! I'm so glad that you got a kick out it!

~Aislynn
kaiedee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That was so great Aislynn! I just discovered fan videos probably a month ago and I've been a little obsessed ever since. I don't make them, but I just love to watch them. I've seen quite a lot on this site now and have enjoyed a lot of them, but this is the first one I felt compelled to comment on. It was just so funny and the timing was so great, I had to watch it over and over again. It really makes you believe that story happened.

Some of my favorite parts:
    Jack spying on Kate and Sawyer, and then crying to the words "You're the meanest old woman that I've ever seen" Hysterical!

Loved where you looped (or whatever you call it) the clips on "no more, no more, ...", especially that first one at about 10 sec.

Jack's jump back that fit with the music

Overall, just the way the expressions matched up with the music was great. For example, at about 1:30 where the music screams "What you say?" Jack's scream matches up with that so well. Also liked the part with Kate yelling at him and all her expressions were just perfect, from the spying at the beginning to the looks of disgust at about 25 seconds, etc.

Loved the rock at the end. Too funny!

There's more, but basically I loved the whole thing!! Great job, keep it up!
kaiedee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: