Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"somewhere i belong // claire" by littleton_pace
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! It was really dark and intense! So well edited. I loved the effects you used, particularly at the very beginning--it fit the music so well. It was awesome. Nice!!!
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent video as usual Kat...great idea with the girl from 13 as a young Claire...great storytelling, great use of color as well!!! you're amazing
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: somewhere i belong // claire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Jeeze, Kat, that was Mindblowing!! I love this song so it was cool to see this. I love Young!Claire, she does look like Emilie so helped to make the flashbacks feel more real. I thought it was cool when Claire was yelling Danielle and saw her mum. And I looove the end where she was with Aaron and Charlie, as if they're where she belongs Also, AMAZING beat use!! Fantastic job!!!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lillyrocks - lol, thank you for your comment, good/bad grammar, it doesnt matter! glad you like my claire vids ;P

becca - thanks hun!

charlee - grr, hate vimeo :S another account gone :S I immemed it ;P glad you liked it hun!! when i saw thirteen i thought it would be perfect for earlier teen Claire to lead into the emo-Claire phase thanks again! and btw, you should totally do the Thirteen trailer

sara - Thanks so much!! they bit at the beginning is one of my fave parts too

kimmy - thank you sweetie!!

Jemmz - i love this song too!! i wasn't sure it would work for Claire but when i had the Thirteen clips it came together Im glad you picked out the part with Danielle and Claire's mother ;P that's one of my fave parts too thanks again hun!! xox

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooo awesome idea using Evan Rachel Wood as young Claire. They really do look a lot a like! I think you did a really good job paralleling her young life and her grown up one. I loved the scene when she is yelling at Danielle and then her mother. It was great to see her finally happy with Aaron and Charlie. Too bad it didn't end up staying that way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Kat, I liked this! Poor Claire. Using the clips from Thirteen was a good idea - the girl really does look like a young Claire. (It's not Emilie, is it? I didn't think so...) I loved the end - I love the idea that Aaron and Charlie gave her somewhere to belong.

art by me&tammy
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intensity. The emotion. WOAH! I loveddd this Kat! This song is completely and utterly amazing. I am in love with it. This totally matched Claire for her finding somewhere she belongs and how you showed that totally rocked. I really liked how you had a teenage Claire in the story, I was like...that's Evan Rachel Wood the first second I saw her, but then I doubted myself...then I watched further and I knew that face! She is PERFECT for Claire! She shows a striking similarity to her!

Firstly, I loved your credits, they looked really cool, pretty coloring too!
The beginning with the clips of Claire with the tv screen on top was a very cool touch to how the song flowed.
Your lyric interpretation rocked Kat, like completely.."I wanna heal" at 2:05 you had Claire's hands with the psyhic and I loved that whole scene between them with the yelling, it was intense
I really liked the close up of Aaron at 2:18 too.
The ending with her and Aaron was really where she belonged, awesomeeee job!

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the best Claire vid I have seen in a LONG time. You are an exceptional vidder, Kat! I'd love to pick your brain!! Haha!
Gorgeous effects and the transitions from Claire's memories were also very effective I like how you used the girl out of Thirteen, (although I can't stand that film!) It suited this story very well.
Gold!

LOST_Fanatic
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I haven't been to this site in weeks. But I'm glad I decided to today and caught this video. As with all your videos, this one is amazing. I love how you portrayed Claire in this one. It almost brought me to tears how you added so much anger and pain using the clips from 13.

Awesome job and like everyone else says, keep on videoing Claire. You do beautiful work with her clips.

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Claire vid, Kat! Great beat use! Really good song choice and I like the clips from Thirteen - I've been thinking about using clips from that in a vid myself.
Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing vid, Kat!
The scenes from 'Thirteen' worked perfectly! Loved how you used them! And the beat use and effects were great, of course!
Awesome Claire character study! Very emotinal and intense! Just how I like it!

_bel_
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: somewhere i belong // claire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

Wow Kat! Awesome vid! Your beat use was just wow! The clips of that young girl worked fab for young Claire. You matched the whole feel of the vid to the song so perfectly and really got the emotion through! Amazing vid!
loudpaw
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya something I forgot to add, the scene where Claire is yelling at Rousseu and Roussea flashes into Claire's mom was FANTASTIC!

My LiveJournal: http://loudpaw.livejournal.com/
CharCassie24
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: somewhere i belong // claire by littleton_pace Reply with quote

The way the clips flow together and the atmosphere is awesome, I love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: