Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Youre Beautiful" by Pendora-lass
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IamSoLostRightNow wrote:
Great job with the editing. You clearly have a good handle on Final Cut.

I am learning more every day! It's a great program and fiddling with it can be very exciting and also very frustrating

Quote:
I especially love Claire splashing up in that wave.

Thank you That was an effect I knew I really wanted to include and I have to say I'm pleased with how it turned out.

"You are the one who lies close to me..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly not a fan of this song (well, not anymore... I heard it way too often) but the vid was so, so wonderful nonetheless!! You did a fabulous job on the interpretation of the lyrics and the editing is great, too. I liked the overlays in particular. They look really good.

Great work!!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I'm certainly not a fan of this song (well, not anymore... I heard it way too often) but the vid was so, so wonderful nonetheless!! You did a fabulous job on the interpretation of the lyrics and the editing is great, too. I liked the overlays in particular. They look really good.

Great work!!!

Oh goodness I know what you mean. That song is SO over-played and over-used which is why I was apprehensive about using it. But I kept coming back to the fact that it really does fit C/C's storyline so well. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the video in spite of the song

Thanks for commenting!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dduked
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

Almost perfect.
Fjorton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

Wow, this video is very beautiful!
Dojh167
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

Very precious... Sometimes it seems that there are far too many Charlie vids that just focus on his death, but this was very sweet and I really like dit.
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

3107 wrote:
Almost perfect.

Haha, thank you. Do you have any thoughts on what could make it not almost perfect, but perfect? I love constructive criticism!

Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

3801 wrote:
Very precious... Sometimes it seems that there are far too many Charlie vids that just focus on his death, but this was very sweet and I really like dit.

Yes, when he first died last year there was such an outpouring of videos concentrating on his death that I felt like any thing I produced would just be redundant. But now that some time has passed I felt like a dedication was called for Glad you liked the vid. Thanks for commenting

dduked
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

Lol. When I say almost perfect, there are so little thinks that I don't like for exapmple the text on 20 sec or the song that is so over-used. And I'm sure there are maybe a few little details more that i dont like but that's total a matter of personal favorites. In general that gold vote from me was well deserved.
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Youre Beautiful - A Charlie Pace Tribute by Pendora-lass Reply with quote

3107 wrote:
Lol. When I say almost perfect, there are so little thinks that I don't like for exapmple the text on 20 sec or the song that is so over-used. And I'm sure there are maybe a few little details more that i dont like but that's total a matter of personal favorites. In general that gold vote from me was well deserved.

Ah, yes....the credit text. It's so frustrating as a vidder to find a great clip only to have it marred by the credits I'm seriously considering starting a petition that all us vidders can sign to beg the producers to give us the episodes WITHOUT the credits somewhere on the DVDs, eh?

And I agree that the song IS over-used. I think that made this video even more of a challenge; I was trying so hard to take something that's been heard so much and make an original video with it.

Anyway, thanks for your comments; they really mean a lot to me and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: