Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4x10 - Something Nice Back Home Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this ep is on right now here in aus so im watching it over and even tho i loved it first time round; second time im realizing it actually annoys me. The more I think about it; the more I realize none of the characters are acting as themselves.

Since when are Juliet and Kate all girly over Jack?

Kate: Im surprised he hasn't taken it (his appendix) out by himself by now.
*Juliet and Kate giggle*

and the giggle scene they had just after kate goes in to see Jack after the surgery; before they talk about the jacket kiss :S

Ive said it before; ill say it again. since when is Jack jealous of Sawyer; as seen in the f/forward.

Since when is Juliet cool with lettting Jack and Kate take a sweet lil walk together?

and as much as I love it; since when is sawyer protective of Claire? now i dont mind this one but I'd love to be able to reference an event similiar to it that's already happened between them so it would make more sense. for example in Maternity Leave; if there'd been some kinda sense between the two of them that Sawyer would help her if she needed it; this ep woulda made more sense.

Though i guess one can say that her almost being blown up was enough to make him wanna keep her safe - i can deal with that

another one i dont mind; since when does Claire get so much air time!?!?!?! I love it!!!

just proving my point; no one really acted like themselves in this ep; in my opinion.

props to rose for being so kick-ass at the start to charlotte

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Kat. Some of them are acting so differently. I guess you could put it down to the events that are happening right now. Like, Charlie isn't there to protect Claire, so Sawyer might feel he has to step in. But..I would've thought Locke would have done that seeing as they're friends. I don't know, it's a bit silly.

One thing that made me laugh during this ep:
Rose: People don't get sick on this island!!11

No Rose, they just get killed off because they were "sacrifices" the island demanded Same with Bernard's "I don't trust Locke, he's a murderer " Geeze, Hypocrite, much?? How many Others was he prepared to shoot in TTLG??
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
I agree with you, Kat. Some of them are acting so differently. I guess you could put it down to the events that are happening right now. Like, Charlie isn't there to protect Claire, so Sawyer might feel he has to step in. But..I would've thought Locke would have done that seeing as they're friends. I don't know, it's a bit silly.

One thing that made me laugh during this ep:
Rose: People don't get sick on this island!!11

No Rose, they just get killed off because they were "sacrifices" the island demanded Same with Bernard's "I don't trust Locke, he's a murderer " Geeze, Hypocrite, much?? How many Others was he prepared to shoot in TTLG??

Jemma sticking up for Locke! I never thought id see the day!

I think Charlie, Boone, Libby, Alex and Shannon were the only deaths that had to do with the plot. Anna, Eko, Nikki/Paulo, Daniele, were deaths dealing with actors contracts and what not.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolffootball37 wrote:
I think Charlie, Boone, Libby, Alex and Shannon were the only deaths that had to do with the plot. Anna, Eko, Nikki/Paulo, Daniele, were deaths dealing with actors contracts and what not.

true...altho nikki/paulo could also be attributed to MASSIVE fan hate, lol i dont think character death has been celebrated as much as it was when those two were buried alive, lol

ps - loving the new av

SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
and as much as I love it; since when is sawyer protective of Claire? now i dont mind this one but I'd love to be able to reference an event similar to it that's already happened between them so it would make more sense.

I always thought of it, like - Now that Charlie, her protector and friend, is gone, someone else needs to be there for her. Claire is all alone and has a baby, so he feels that since no one else is stepping up to the plate, it's his job to keep her safe. And he HAS been a lot more mature and leader-ly lately, I mean to the people who can't protect themselves as much. AKA - Hurley, Claire, Aaron, even the redshirts! Which is think is a little weird and awesome at the same time!

You're right. The episode was alright, but it was also a little ooc in parts. Same with the KateJuliet giggling and such.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyLostie2 wrote:
I always thought of it, like - Now that Charlie, her protector and friend, is gone, someone else needs to be there for her. Claire is all alone and has a baby, so he feels that since no one else is stepping up to the plate, it's his job to keep her safe. And he HAS been a lot more mature and leader-ly lately, I mean to the people who can't protect themselves as much. AKA - Hurley, Claire, Aaron, even the redshirts! Which is think is a little weird and awesome at the same time!

You know, that made me remember something that somebody said early in the show (can't remember if it was J.J., Damon, or Carlton - yeah, we're all on first name basis now... ) that over time we would see Jack and Sawyer begin to sorta change places? I can't remember the quote but it was something along those lines. *taps side of head, trying to shake the knowledge loose*

Nope, got nothing, sorry.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what you're talking about Ais. And they kinda have, in certain ways. That's what I'm seeing and I like it. Sawyer's still Sawyer, but he's becoming more mature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: