Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter, Baby
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does Harry have a white halo around him?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL and why can they all just stand on water like that?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic. Duh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... they've never done some weird magic where they just stand on water.

And whats with the bandaged gash on his cheek?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL didn't notice that one . But OBVIOUSLY magic, since he never has a gash there in the movie.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol everytthing is magic when it comes to bad artwork huh?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evil magic, yes.
SawyersSecret
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OO harry potter!

I felt kinda dissapointed with the movie. If i hadn't read the book i think i woulda loved it, but i felt that the beging at the Quidditch cup was to rushed and the entire movie centered to much on the Triwizard. But it was still fun and I did enjoy it.

I love the bit when harry and ron are in the great hall studying and snape keeps tell them to be quite and then he has to twist there heads round XD or when ron dances with mcgonagal (sp?) XD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren, got news for ya. I finally started these books and now it turns out that I am offically in love with them! I know, I know . . . it was a bit of a shocker to me too. Who would've thought right? Especially not me.

Here's the story, I was extremely bored one week and had absolutely nothing to do so I borrowed Harry's (my cous' Harry ) DVD's and watched them all in two days. After that I was hooked and wanted to read the books because Harry had told me that they were WAY better then the movies, and boy was he ever right. Granted I've only just started the Goblet Of Fire tonight and I'm loving every page so far. I plan on being caught up very soon. Harry's getting me the rest of the books for christmas but for now I'm borrowing his books until then. Hehe. Thanks again Harr!

I just wished I had started the books long ago and hadn't been so quick to judge them before I had even read them. Shame on me.
I've learned my lesson though, honest!

So yeah, I LOVE these books and I cannot wait to get caught up.

btw - Have you guys seen the trailer for The Order Of The Phoenix yet?
Here it is if you haven't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd2A0RbD7uI

^Looks awesome, damn I need to get reading fast. I wanna read that one (OoTP) SO friggin' bad. LOL
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! A convert!
Woah, you must be having an awesome time reading them all back-to-back for the first time . #6 is going to absolutely rock your world at this rate , especially since #7 won't be here for a while still, .

That's awesome that you're enjoying them though, and actually liking the books better than the movies too. The books are so much better, except maybe #3... I wasn't all that fond of that book, because it bored me, so I really liked the movie. I have a feeling Order of the Phoenix is gonna be the same way, since the book is a little slower than the others. So with a bit of trimming, the movie could make a freaking GODLY movie from that one lol . Can't wait!
(and thanks for the trailer! Hadn't looked for it yet. Very cool!)

Lemme know when you finish the sixth book I want to see your reaction
(oh wait, you're proibably pretty spoilerfied, aren't you? Oh well, it's the process, not the outcome. )

Anyone know anythign about the release date for the last book? I heard a rumor it might be 07/07/07 - just cuz that would be cool - but I know nothing else lol
Harry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
YAY! A convert!
The books are so much better, except maybe #3... I wasn't all that fond of that book, because it bored me, so I really liked the movie. I have a feeling Order of the Phoenix is gonna be the same way, since the book is a little slower than the others.

Really? You didn't like the 3rd one? ... that's like my fav one of all of em! But I do agree with the Order though.. that book was pretty damn boring.. just like the Chamber...
It's funny cause I have been trying to get Wonka to read the books for like the past 5-6 years and then when I'm not home.. she comes down to my room, takes all my movies, watches them.. then takes my books and starts reading them! LMAO! I'm just glad that she finally started to read them after all these years of trying to convince her.
The 5th movie does look awesome and I can't wait. I've been going with my aunt to see every movie opening weekend and we will this year too.
HBO Sneek Peak
And also - I can't believe that Emma said that she might not return for the 6th and 7th films! I mean, I can't even imagine someone else playing Hermione... I don't even like the new Dumbledore.
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...i'm sooo happy that i'm not the only one here who likes Harry Potter...yep i know i'm too old for this but still i like it.
It's maybe because i was 14 when i read the first book and i was sooo in love with it!
The trailer looks awesome...i hope the movie is great too although i didn't like the first two movies...the third one is the best so far for me.Goblet of Fire was not bad too
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3rd one was the best for me too, BL Can't believe I have to wait till July 13th. I usually go and see it at Christmas! Talk about RUINING a tradition...

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's my update Warren, I finished reading OotP tonight (LOVED it! My that Umbridge woman was such a nasty bitch. lol. I can't wait to see her in the movie tho. Also that fight between the DA members and the Death Eaters at the Ministry was friggin' awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to that most of all. And of course the Twin's departure/flee from Hogwarts ) and now I'm already on chapter 4 of HBP, which is coming along good so far. I'll probably have it finished in like 2 days or so. lol. I found that I couldn't put OotP down after I started it and Harr says that #6 is WAY better then that one so . . Yeah I'll have it done soon.

Oh and as far as me being spoilerfied, I only really know which character it is who bites the dust in this one (I made Harr tell me a long time ago way before I even watched the first movie ). But everything else will be completely new to me. I just hope Harry isn't as whiny and annoying as he was for the first half of OotP. He was really getting on my nerves in that one.

Harr, thanks for that Sneak Peek link btw. I SO can't wait for the movie now.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, you're indeed fast I can't wait until you're done #6, so you can share our pain at having to wait for the final book LOL
I hope we haven't overhyped #6... but I just loved it so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: