Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Vids Are We Working On?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Damn it, bottom-of-thread screwup again. Why do I always get those? Argh!)
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefilmchick wrote:
Still working on 'Turn on Me.' It will be Sawyer and Sayid (I haven't done one yet with both of them!), and I am trying very hard to not make it slashy, haha.

lol! I had that same problem while writing a Sawyer/Des friendship fic. They were both kinda drunk and talking about Kate (she left Sawyer in the fic) and Charlie's death etc, and I read it over later and was like - "Whoa...that sounded waaay too Des/Charlie slashy' so I added in some talk about Penny.

Btw, thanks for explaining the ranks. I am trying to make better vids, I realyl am! Hopefully I can get a gold soon.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, to get silvers your first go out isn't bad at all. Take a look at my videos in terms of dates - I think it took me ten (?) ish videos to earn a gold, and aside from 'Will the Wolf Survive?' (regrettably lost to copyright violation), not many silvers at the start, either - and I'm pretty sure 'Will the Wolf Survive?' largely won silver because a) it was Sayid, who doesn't get a lot of videos, and b) song choice, the one thing that I'm consistently good at.

Furthermore, re. the Sawyer and Sayid thing, yeah. I won't say the scenes they've had don't have, um, certain undertones (especially with them managing to develop a grudging friendship/respect for each other after they started out fighting after the crash, and then what happened in 'Confidence Man'), so it's a bit of a fine line to walk. If I were making a slash vid, I'd be set.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my first vid I posted got a silver, quite surprisingly to me...and I posted a few of my old things on here too, so I didn't expect much from them, but mostly I just make vids for fun. I never really expect to win anything...tho surprisingly, my first Skate trailer won an autographed Smallville script on another site that I'm on. I was shocked. Anyway...rambling. I think your vids are awesome tho and you deserve the golds that you get! You do very well with only WMM too. I used that for quite a while as well.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand Vegas. It's not that I won't. It's that I can't. I downloaded a copy and imported everything in there, went to all that work, and then just stood there and went:

So!

(Re-enactment by Eric Conveys an Emotion. Funny site; visit it.)
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's also what I did...at first. xD I love that site btw! My bro showed it to me a few months back. Hilarious. As for Sony Vegas, you just have to mess around with it for a while. I learn by actually doing things, rather than people telling me (most of the time) so I just fiddled with it.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack/Kate - Collide
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on an AU vid. It's kind of a crossover, but not really. I'm just using clips of Josh in his new movie 'Whisper', to show him with another girl.

Ship: Skate
Genre: AU/Angst
Song: Crashing Down ~ Mat Kearney
Summary: Kate and Sawyer get rescued and go their separate ways on bad terms. 6 months later, Sawyer feels obligated to tell her about his new life and new love, but Kate still loves him and wishes that they hadn't fought. She decides to call him and try to work things out, but when he turns her down, she hangs up on him. Later, she visits him, ready to let him go...but does Sawyer really want that deep down?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... so I'm working on the Shawshank LOST trailer...

That's cool and all. Good stuff there.

But there's this other idea I want to pursue.

Anybody watch Scrubs? Great show. Real funny.

I was thinking of doing a slashy kind of vid using "Guy Love" from The Scrubs musical. I'm not sure if I want it to be Jawyer or maybe something else....

Possible combinations:
Sawyer/Jack
Sawyer/Hurley
Charlie/Desmond
Locke/Jack
Eko/Locke
Hurley/Charlie

I really want to do one with Sawyer and someone else... but I'm kind of obsessed with his character.

So, suggestions, comments, all appreciated.

"Cuz it's guy love between two guys..."
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we all know whom I will suggest.

(Alternately, my vote is for 'Anyone but Jack.' The Sawyer/Hurley friendship/etc. thing was done well and fairly recently by Joon, too ('You've got a friend in me'), so I suggest picking a different one than that.)
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I'm really not into slash, even tho I LOVE Josh/Sawyer myself...but I wouldn't really know what suggestions to give. I'm all for guy friendship (I love those, so cute when they involve Sawyer!) or a joking kind of thing, but not serious slash vids.

For friendship, I enjoy -

Sawyer/Hurley
Sawyer/Sayid
Even Sawyer/Jack, tho I'm not a huge fan of the Good Doc.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though Sassy -

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been an explicitly gay character besides Tom, who's a second-stringer and now dead, on the show. Considering the whole thing seems to be an 'It's a Small World'-style setup/experiment/Skinner box type of thing, and you have various representatives of countries, religions, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, educational levels, et cetera et cetera, on the show, I'm honestly surprised sexuality didn't work its way in there. Granted, it's a network TV/ABC/Disney show, but sexuality is becoming less taboo these days, and I would have thought it would have been represented in some form.
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm surprised myself. I really expected Tom to say something (aside from his comment to Kate near the beginning of s3) that made his sexual preference more obvious. Plus, as you mentioned with the whole 'experiment-type setup' I'm very surprised that they haven't added that in. I wasn't saying that I'm anti or prejudiced or anything. I just don't like slash vids particularly, I mean, cuz most of the characters have pretty much made themselves known as straight, so it's just weird to me.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no. I actually lean closer to agreeing with you, in that if the character has established themselves as outwardly straight or gay, (or, say, smart, or brave, or any other adjective here that you can apply), then seeing videos that run directly counter to canon in that way twigs me slightly. (Ie, if we had a video where Jack was all butterfingers and clumsy at a hospital, to use the character I'm probably least fond of, then that would annoy me too, as long as it wasn't a humor video).

I just thought it was strange that there wasn't an explicitly gay or even bisexual person amongst the 48 (even the most conservative of statistics would figure at least three or four of the group would be gay or bisexual, speaking very generally and without references because I'm at work). And while, yes, there are more important things on everyone's mind than sex, I would have thought the topic would have come up in conversation once or twice in the on-camera script. We've had a couple of jokey references to it, but nothing serious - and that's, I guess, sort of odd to me.

As far as the "You're not my type" comment too, I wasn't even sure if that was saying he was gay (after all, not every heterosexual/bi male or lesbian/bi female is going to be attracted to Evangeline Lilly). I stopped trying to figure it out after a few minutes, but I'm still not sure that is necessarily a statement of sexual preference per se.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha wow! Your right Kate about why there arnt really any gay characters. It is run by Disney, i mean i wouldnt care if the character was gay, but i wouldnt want a full on gay flashback man making out scene... Though i like to think of Tom mabye being gay kinda having a crush on Ben... As far as slash, it depends who it is. Jawyer is ok in my book, though it gets wierd when people start pairing Locke up with other guys, especially Boone... i dont know why, but it really wigs me out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 74 of 101

Jump to: