Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Misisng out on silver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Misisng out on silver Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJbG9NAE4A8

My latest skate vid missed out on an award. I didn't expect a gold but thought it would maybe recieve a silver. Could anybody point out what they thought worked and maybe improvments for my future videos (judges or not, all comments welcome) thanks in advance[/u]
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out this then let me know if you'd like more info
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep I know all that! I want to know about what my video could be improved on
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright then, I'm just going to list the general reasons why I would think that this wouldn't get the CP. I[m not saying it's bad, but these are ju7st areas you need to improve on:
-much of the vid looked like the clips were just random Skate moments, there wasn't really a story to it at all, or anything to really keep a viewer interested throughout the vid. When you have random clips like that, it's hard to catch the parts that aren't random, and you actually fit to the lyrics, which is a shame.
-The vid was really long, and without a story or anythign to keep people interested, it's hard to even sit through the whole thing unless one loves the song (but then they're probably not paying much attention to the video)
-beat use : more of it could have really livened this vid up. Or at least some other kind of transition than the wipe. Especially in the climax
-The climax (the "This is not what I'm like" part) was cool, but you could have really livened it up a lot more and made it much better with some beat use and without the random clips, possibly keeping each little "This is not what I'm like, this is not what I do" part for one backstory scene or so for Saywer or Kate, then switching at tthe end of it. With the random clips thrown in everythere it was really hard to get the right vibe from the vid and actually realize that's what you were trying to do.
-Originality could really help this out, but you don't need it.

It was a long song, which means it's tough to pull off without a real solid plan of attack, so don't feel too bad abotu this, because you did really well, and with a shorter song you might have been able to get a silver. I think with a bit more planning in these vids, and some more beat use, you coudl be really awesome!

Sorry if I didn't sound constructive at any point, because that was not my intention Good luck on your future vids!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: