Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Was Your First Lost Vid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn - IMO Vertigo is one of the best vids on the site. Really. I mean it.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hobbes, l also really, really, really enjoyed your video's. l loved Beautiful Goodbye. Probably more then Skater Boy and you already know how much l love that vid...lol. Now l'm just waiting for your Kate/Jack vid "My Immortal". l can't wait to see it.

Thanks Holly! that's always really nice to hear every once in a while You know, if you'd like, I can upload the good versions of these videos, not those pathetic clouds of horrible sounds that the 10MB makes Arggg.... I can't take that awful conversion anymore >.< but whenever I think of buying some file space, I think: why pay $5 a month for some space for myself when I could make it an even ten and double the LVI bandwidth? but as long as we're on this server, we don't really have a choice... maybe once 4.0 is up and running I can talk to Lostcalier about the option of changing to a server with higher limits?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote
Quote:
Thanks Holly! that's always really nice to hear every once in a while You know, if you'd like, I can upload the good versions of these videos, not those pathetic clouds of horrible sounds that the 10MB makes

Oh WOW, could you really cause that would be so awesome. The clearer, the better...lol.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uploading them to their respective threads get them while you can!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, lostzilla, Holly and Enchirito:

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.

Normally I'd make one of my trade-marky off-the-wall comments, but this time, let me just tell you that I'm going to save every one of your posts and print them out so that the next time I feel like a talentless twit, I can read them over again.

Thanks so much, you guys. Really, truly and seriously.

~Aislynn
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome Aislynn

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: What Was Your First Lost Vid Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
PS - Crazymol, I was just about to download "Flying My Guilt..." right before LVI switched to the torrents, then I couldn't get it. However, now I'm really sorry I missed it because there's just something about the whole "people cheering while the plane crashes" thing that I wish I'd seen! LOL! Does that make me a bad person???

Well When LVI goes back up you should be able to see that video or maybe crazymol can YSI a link for you.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
maybe once 4.0 is up and running I can talk to Lostcalier about the option of changing to a server with higher limits?

One step at a time Hobbes...lol.

Aislynn, I agree with everything said here. For the resources you have at your disposal you do an incredible job.

My first video was "You Raise Me Up" which was done after "White Rabbit" so I had like no C/C footage whatsoever and it's a long song. So to say the least it's not one of my prouder moments. On the upside though it is sentimental to me because it is the video that inspired the first conceptual ideas of LVI. Which means that I doubt I'll ever try a rework on it because then that vid loses it's meaning. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for redoing another of my early vids...lol.

But even worse was my Jack vid to Perfect by Simple Plan. I can't say enough bad things about that vid. Which is why sometime in the next week it is my intention to completely overhaul that video and give it the justice it really deserves. That and I can't stand having that video on my profile with as badly vidded as it is .

We have so many incredible vidders at LVI that sometimes I just have to sit back and marvel at the talent here. And it seems like everyday we're getting new video submissions from new incredible vidders just discovering the site. That's another thing that amazes me about LVI is for the most part it's spread via word of mouth in the Lost vidding community.

I say this with complete and total biast but still...lol...LVI has the best vidders around!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I say this with complete and total biast but still...lol...LVI has the best vidders around!

You are DAMN RIGHT Lostcalier

Kella
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say....I'm so glad I download every vid on here... I havent' actually watched them all yet, but I have them all saved to my computer.

My first vid was...if I'm not mistaken... Lost Without You , but I don't remember who did that one.

My favorite though...is Wild Horses. The vid about Sun. I had serious bouts with crying when I first saw that vid....and I still will put it on and watch it...just whenever. I also downloaded it to my work computer...which I think may be why they barred me from the Internet there. I dunno...I had several of my favorite LVI vids on there. I couldn't help it.

You guys have good stuff. Can't wait to see you back...I gush over this site all the time to everyone I talk to that likes LOST.
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very first vid was a PB&J vid through Charlie's POV. It sucked majorly! It was basically all of my fave clips, just jammed together, and it didn't go with any of lyrics. If are very bored and want to check it out, it's on my video page. But be warned, you might fall asleep.

My Video Page
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was "I Need Some Sleep" by the Eels for Jack. It was alright.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was for the contest, the Lost intro. It coulda been a lot better.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Mine was "I Need Some Sleep" by the Eels for Jack. It was alright.

I hope you're happy Jake that song has been eternally imprinted in my scull because of your video! I never even heard it before then, but now whenever i'm tired (which is about 90% of my waking life) I keep finding myself humming that tune... If nothing else, your video has tied that song to my mind, and Lost, forever I think that's a good thing. Dunno....
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first lost vid was for the intro contest, to the music "Dare You to Move". It was alright, the editing could have been better, but I like it ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: