Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silent Hill Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'll have some time I'll check it out too
not that I have any time ~+~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the movie a few days ago and I was kinda disappointed. Well, first of all, I don't know the game, but the first half of the movie was great... great music, really dark atmosphere, creepy settings. But I was sooo disappointed about the end! Ever since Rose (was that the main character's name?) and the police chick entered the church, the movie got worse and worse. The effects in the finale looked like in a cheap 80s horror.
Sorry, I know that there are people who really enjoyed the movie (I did so, too, but only the first half of it), but after this quite promising trailer I was rather disappointed.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool KajaM, actually, alot of people didn't like it very much. We (Me, Harry, my older sister and her bf) went opening night here and there were people that went to see it only because some of the movie was filmed in our city, not because they thought the movie looked good and scary to them or of the games, but only because it was filmed here. LOL.

Plus I think if you've never played any of the games before you're probably not gonna like it. I for one am a huge fan of the games so I was really excited to see this and when I finally did.... I loved it.
I thought the effects were cool, Pyramid head skinning that girl apart in particular. LOL. That was awesome! And when that loud siren went off and everything turned into that hellish look, well that was cool too. Very much like the games. I enjoyed it very much and I'm even gonna be buying the dvd as soon as it comes out.

Anyway, it's cool if you didn't like it. We all have different tastes in our types of films I guess.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pyramid head skinning that girl apart in particular. LOL. That was awesome! And when that loud siren went off and everything turned into that hellish look, well that was cool too.

Totally agree on both. Throughout the movie, I was waiting all the time for the siren to go off again The way it was "raining" embers was so creepy, too.
As mentioned earlier, I don't know the games, but Pyramid head was awesome... so scary! I had kinda hoped he'd be in the showdown. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't show up again But you never now, there might be a sequel and we might get to see him again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: