Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poison - Kate/Sawyer... Not a rejected vid but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Poison - Kate/Sawyer... Not a rejected vid but... Reply with quote

it's probably no point in sending it in since it's bigger than 10 mb, and if I compress it any more it'll look like crap...

Anyway... I've already got it uploaded to Yousendit since it's posted on another site, so... If anyone's interested, here it is:

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B6875WIP7IVS06CCQJ4D19799
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually pretty close--like 13mbs if my memory serves me correctly. The council has discussed allowing slightly larger files since the switch to torrent--send it in and see what happens-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. Just one question, if I get the vid on the site, do I have to seed it myself? 'Cause I don't have the ability to do that...

Speaking of Bittorrent, since the switch, I haven't been able to get a single vid from the site. Either there are no seeders at all, or it takes several hours to download a file that only used to take a couple of mins. I understand that you want to save bandwidth, but for me as a visitor, Bittorrent has caused nothing but trouble. And I'm certain I'm not the only one. Not all roses and chocolate, in other words. Just thought I'd let you know.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starchaser wrote:
Speaking of Bittorrent, since the switch, I haven't been able to get a single vid from the site. Either there are no seeders at all, or it takes several hours to download a file that only used to take a couple of mins. I understand that you want to save bandwidth, but for me as a visitor, Bittorrent has caused nothing but trouble. And I'm certain I'm not the only one. Not all roses and chocolate, in other words. Just thought I'd let you know.

We're very aware of the BitTorrent issues. I've been searching the internet trying to come up with a better solution then BitTorrent and just as soon as I have one I'll bring it up with Enchirito to see if it'll work. If any of you have any suggestions on what we can use other then BT please let us know. I don't want to run off LVI video watchers because the videos on the site are amazing and deserve to be seen by as many people as possible. So, yeah, if any of you have ideas let us know!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe spread out the vids over several free services or something...? Just a thought... I sure hope everything works out okay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: