Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for volunteers!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this something you would be interested in participating in?
Yes, I would love to help out at LVI!
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No way, bite me lazy mods!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Call for volunteers! Reply with quote

I was so moved by MoreLights offer to help screen for clip theft, that Im taking you guys up on your generous offer. BUT with one difference.

The council was batting around the idea of "cleaning" the site- emailing vidders of some of the older vids for working links if the links dont work anymore etc. As for the screening for theft, there are a lot of "access" issues, site stuff, etc., no offense.

This is of course completely voluntary and theres no timetable for it. If you guys wanted to do a few a day that would be awesome. You could just email or PM the vidder saying you need a new link, etc. I can ask LostCalier to make up a "generic" letter for it.

Just something I'd like to get your opinions on, if you are still interested in helping out. If you want to do it, Ill make this the "thread" for those sorts of issues- whos going to do what vids (so we dont have people doing the same ones over and over). Some of the council members will also be doing some, so its not a responsibility which we are shirking. Just let me know!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to help!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to help if I can! (Although, I have to confess, I loved the attitude of "No way, bite me lazy mods!" so much that I was tempted to vote for it, just because! )
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I PM'd every vidder with an expired link up to the letter J (I went through the vidder names)... I only had like 3 replies though.... and I believe they have reposted links in the replacement thread. A couple of people said that they didn't vid anymore, and the links could be taken down.

I was just trying to be proactive and give a helping hand, to do my bit for the site... hope that was ok.

Speaking of cleaning up the site ... I think I'm not the only one who has noticed the real "Spammers" that sign up to LVI just to promote crap, not to mention post links to offensive material in their profiles. Is their anything that can be done to stop them from coming through... I mean can't some of them drop viruses or make it easier for hackers to sneak in.
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! I noticed that too! But what can we do?

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E's been on the problem for a while now, and there really isn't anything we can do except try to catch them in the act then ban their IPs We can't even enter a clause for the site and interests fields to prevrent them from posting naughty words
Blame the PHPBoards for their bad protection
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to help any way I can...as long as no mods bite me.

Just let me know if you ever need any help. I have some knowledge trapped somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my brain. I may be able to surface it for a cookie...A Sawyer cookie. J/K

Really, if you need my help in any way, I'm here. Just Let me know. I have no life, so my schedule is completely open.

Stephie
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steph, but there isn't that much you could really help us with either the only way we've been able to ban IPs is by E or LC catching them online and banning them. But even a PM from one of you probably wouldn't reach us in time to notify us to get the person anyway.
Whay you can do, is if you see anyone like this who actually posts something, then notify a mod right away and we'll delete the message and/or use the post to ban them (if that can be done, not sure but we'll check it out next time)
But yeah, my advice is to ignore them if you can, and we'll try to clean them up periodically those jerks. I wonder if they're bots or just people paid to advertise...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yow a post about how I volunteered and yet never did anything I feel so ashamed.

I apologize as I had not visited the forums (any forums) for a while since I had some projects to complete. I am still willing to help out as best I can if only someone could PM me. I am setting each post I write to notify me so that I can get back into the swing of things here.

My lost music vids
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! Really! We had enough good people!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this all anyway? I haven't heard a thing abotu it
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao I wonder who chose 'no way, bite me lazy mods'
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO...it was me...NO! I'm just kidding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: