Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For the love of WHITEFADE! Everyone (even you, dammit!) READ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: For the love of WHITEFADE! Everyone (even you, dammit!) READ Reply with quote

TAKE THIS AND USE IT!

I've seen even the very best vidders here (yes, YOU!) use whitefade on a widescreen vid. Only problem is the whitefade is in full screen. This is a handy thing I used on one of my vids for the whitefade effect. I just fade into this image instead of using the whitefade effect. It's the same general idea, without your aspect ratio going all kerplooey.

I dunno if you'lll have to resize it or if this is too big but this worked for me. i'm sure each program is different as well. You'll figure it out.

Kthanx!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, KC! May I present to you, the Official Aislynn Vidding White Page 424x240:

This is what I use for my widescreened vids. If it doesn't match the ratio that you need, an easy way to get one in the right ratio is to screencap one of your clips in WMM (2, that is, if you're using WMM 1 then unfortunately you can't screencap ), then open that cap in something like Paintshop, Photoshop or even Paint and "color" the image part of that white. Voila! Instant matching ratio white page which you just import and fade your clips into! (You can also produce "longer" fades to white by using something like this instead of just using the effect.

PS - I remembered that I also used to use this one (it's 383x215, which used to work with my joshholloway.com clips):

Anyway, hope any of those can help! I got your back on this white fade thing, either way, KC...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added it to the Text Guides section However small, they will be included! Dun dun dun dun!!!! *superman*

Convenient I honestly never thought of that!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? I'm a genius.

And I guess Aislynn is too.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, Ais' has enough credit everywhere else in the world you can have the cred for this one since oyu did post first after all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yow and D'oh. I am pretty sure one of my 3.5 vids has that whitefade problem. Nice idea. Now this is two trademarks I got you down for SuperKC:

1) Libby is a Freaking STALKER!â„¢

and

2) The magic widescreen whitescreenâ„¢

Excellent. Keep up the good work!

My lost music vids
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use fade with white...LOL. Too much trouble for me, Im lazy.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MangSHENG! (Because Steph is lazy. It makes him think of this one time he forgot to take out the trash and Sarah yelled at him and Sarah was his wife who he never loved in the first place but married her anyway because he thought it was the right thing to do and didn't want to hurt her but it turned out she was a cheating whore!)

And thanks! She truly is a stalker. I'm gonna make a Libby icon that says "Stop stalkin'!"

I'm on a roll today. But I'm also stirring up a ruckus. Sometimes the fingers type when the brain says stop. I have no control. Honest.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SuperKC and Aislynn! I'll definitely have to remember to use these whenever I'm face-to-face with a wide-screen clip!
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Oh well, Ais' has enough credit everywhere else in the world you can have the cred for this one since oyu did post first after all

Oh, I absolutely don't deserve credit for this! It was KC's thread, I just jumped on it with my white pages thingies. I should've even asked first if she cared that I posted the pics that I use along with the one that she does! Sorry if I was too pushy!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! SHADDUP! We both deserve credit! I'm starting to get a complex.

*gives Aislynn cookies*
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookies!

*munch munch munch*

Thanks!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea, guys. I'll try it out next time I need to use the white fade thingy (which I use quite a bit in some vids.... coughFixYoucoughcough)

SuperKC wrote:
MangSHENG! (Because Steph is lazy. It makes him think of this one time he forgot to take out the trash and Sarah yelled at him and Sarah was his wife who he never loved in the first place but married her anyway because he thought it was the right thing to do and didn't want to hurt her but it turned out she was a cheating whore!)

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick tip. A blank white 16:9 did not work in one of the more advanced programs I tried a while back, so I had to add the black bars. However, I just plugged it into WMM to test it and and it didn't work properly. So you guys using WMM should try to use Aislynn's version for that. Because the black bars version I made up ends up looking square. As dumb as that sounds, it does. Confounding, that's for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: