Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x18 - "Dave" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: 2x18 - "Dave" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Talk about today's new episode. From this point on beware of spoilers of aired material! Airs 9:00 PM Eastern.

S2E18 - Dave
Libby lends Hurley support when he begins to think the island is having a strange effect on him, and Locke''s sense of purpose is shaken when the prisoner provides new information about the hatch.

Please do not post spoilers for this episode before the aired time, or post any future episode spoilers. If you must post, please keep them in white spoiler text. Thank you for keeping our boards clean!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Points [not in chronological order, sorry]:

-Dave doesn't exist - he's Hurley's subconscience

-Locke is on crutches. Oooh, ahh! Didn't see that coming.

-Sayid does not shoot "Henry"; Ana stops him

-Henry tells Locke that he didn't enter the code to the computer in Lockdown - the timer went down to zero, and nothing happened.

-The Eko and Charlie scene that seemed to be deleted from Maternity Leave, judging by the promo pics, was in tonight's episode. At least, it was a similar one.

-Jack tells other island-ers about "Henry" - we don't actually see this happen, but Ana mentions it

-Libby was a patient at the mental hospital - St.Rosa, I think - that Hurley stayed at

-TONS of Hubby tonight - as in, hand holding, and...a kiss. Aww!

Next Week

There are quick shots of Locke drawing something. I think it's the "map" he saw in Lockdown. Apparently, he tries to see it again.

Jack says he's going out to find the bearded man. He tells this to Kate and Sawyer. Kate seems to be going with the hero, judging by the promo pictures.

Cut to scene with Jack and "Henry". Henry: "They won't give you Walt." So, they're probably thinking of trading "Henry" for Michael and Walt.

Bernard gives some huge speech to other castaways. I didn't quite catch it, but Rose isn't happy about what he says. *shrug*

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer Hubby No Mangsheng Gerbil Sawyer got his but kicked! I think fake Henry Gale is gonna turn out to be a valuable asset to the losties. Jack is getting on my nerves. Next week looks awesome!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer got his butt kicked? By who? By who? The ep isn't for 2 more hours here!

Grrrr, I muffed every bit of spoiler text the first time. My apologies if anybody read that who didn't mean to!

Last edited by Aislynn on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, if you really want to know: Hurley got pissed and jumped on him beating the crap out of him...it was rather funny even if it was our sweet southern boy.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Steph! Yes, I did want to know! I had to edit that last post 5 times to finally get it right, grrrr. I nearly had a Mangsheng moment!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-spoilerized everything except next week's stuff You know, the spoiler text actually has the opposite effect from helping now when you spoiler text everything, then it mixes up the "this week" from the "next week" stuff So there's rea;lly no need for spoiler text about the actual epissode in this thread, at least nto past the air date. Anyone who is reading this and hasn't seen is is INTENTIONALLY getting spoiled, and no ammount of spoiler text will stop them anyway (eh Aislynn? )

That ep wasn't too bad. Didn't expect much from it, just a nice Hurley ep. Poor guy.
Totally called the Libby as a patient thing
-Dammit Hurley, don't throw AWAY the stash
-What interesting things did Henry say? :shockZ: I've forgotten them by now. Curses. Ah well, any ep with him is gold.

Next ep looks awesome. Something happens! Gasp!

Quote:

Grrrr, I muffed every bit of spoiler text the first time. Mad My apologies if anybody read that who didn't mean to!

Opps that was me sorry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Warren , but when I first joined in January I posted a comment right after a show and was told specifically to put it in white even if it had aired already until it had aired everywhere. I won't do that anymore and you're right, it doesnt really stop anyone anyway.

Sorry, off topic
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

Grrrr, I muffed every bit of spoiler text the first time. Mad My apologies if anybody read that who didn't mean to!

Opps that was me sorry

*gasp* Did you edit my post, Warren?

J/K! I'm glad to hear it if you did, 'cause I thought that I was losing my marbles there!

Hobbes wrote:
Anyone who is reading this and hasn't seen is is INTENTIONALLY getting spoiled, and no ammount of spoiler text will stop them anyway

That's always been my personal feeling. If you don't want to know what happened on tonight's ep and you already KNOW you're in the timezone that's going to see it later than most everybody else, then DON'T READ ABOUT THE EP, even in the spoiler free zone ('cause what are you really expecting them to be talking about if not the ep?). Simple as that.

And I remember that happening to you, Steph, so I don't blame you for being careful!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And I remember that happening to you, Steph, so I don't blame you for being careful!

*checks* ah yes, I did do that to this post right? :
Quote:
I heard a rumor that the clock that runs down from the promo isn't the clock at the swan station. Is that true? I mean, did they find another station? Does anybody know? That would be cool if they did find another station, tho.

But that was a before-ep spoiler and... stuff Still, I definitely see why you're afraid of the Hobbes wrath again Steph But no problem about the spoiler text, just pointing it all out!
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Spoiler text confuses me. I don't think there should be talk PERIOD in the NO Spoiler Section for the promo for next week becase that is spoilers.

I don't know... I enjoyed the ep lot but the Libby as a patient thing seems kind of dumb imho
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay before I EVEN read anyone else's comments, a few things I need to spill to you my good friends.

First- I graduated with an Anthropology Major and Film Studies minor. If this is the route they are going to take to "explain" the show, I have ONE WORD: LAME. Very lame and I will be mucho dissapointed-o. This is historically what filmmakers do when they have no idea how to end something. Cabinet of Dr. Caligari was the first to do this.

In the vein of "calling", completley called Dave not being real at the beginning of the flashbacks.

Second- IF it is really dorky and in Hurley's head, how do they explain all the storylines and scenes that took place and HE wasnt there?

Third- I thought perhaps Libby is kind of that urban legend- the mental patient who pretends to be the psychiatrist after the revolt of the patients. And I was considering that they always try to have each other in memories, like Sawyer and Boone, Jack and Shannon, etc.

Fourth- So they stole the idea from the movie "Identity"? Anyone who hasnt seen this movie should, if for nothing else than to see the plagairism. Also they stole the idea of "Fight Club" as well?

Fifth- My friends and I laughed our asses off when Henry said nothing happened. Did you see Locke's face? Reminds me of an MST joke "and how long will you keep doing this?I mean how dumb are you?"

Sixth- perhaps most importantly- that salad dressing and mayo is really gonna stink in that kind of climate.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Rocksiren on Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:

Fourth- So they stole the idea from the movie "Identity"? Anyone who hasnt seen this movie should, if for nothing else than to see the plagairism. Also they stole the idea of "Fight Club" as well?

Off topic : sorry but I LOVE both of those movies genius
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallen- I like them too!

Also, are we supposed to think that the people that Hurley "killed" are our own lostaways?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh what a great episode, I like Hurley centric episodes they are always kinda funny, dude LOL

OK I already knew that Dave wasn't real, when they played basketball, so I wasn't really surprised, when that doctor shows Hurley the pic. BUT something on that picture is wrong.

Now here is the scene where the doc took it:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/ThEmIsFiTiShErE/111.jpg

And that is the photo he shows Hurley:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/ThEmIsFiTiShErE/125.jpg

Maybe its just a producers mistake, but I really don't think so. There are even no people in the background. ???

So Libby and Hurley are so sweet together, but what was that last lok of her about? I guess she has something on her mind with him. Maybe Hurley had done something to her in her past or whatsoever. But it looked like she is still some sort of crazy.

And I am absoluetly sure, that the Island isn't imagined by Hurley. He just wanted to believe that it is. He needed to know why all of this happend. And probaply he thought a long time about that and slowly this story, that it's all just made and doesn't really happen, grew in his head and comes out know incarnate as Dave to approve right that.

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: