Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

audio clips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: audio clips Reply with quote

I have this really long song that i want to make small little clips of to put together. Does anybody know how I can cut certain parts of the song?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a sound editing program of some sort. I use Wave Creator, but I know that there's a free one out there called Wave Pad, I believe. (Anybody got a link handy for that? )

Then you import the song into the program and start messing around with cutting parts of it out. One thing I've learned through a lot of trial and error is that some songs just won't cut nicely for you. No force in the universe will make the pieces join back together smoothly. But some times you get lucky with a song that doesn't have a lot of instruments overlapping each other at all the wrong times and you can cut out great sections of it and nobody will ever know.

Sorry I don't have the links, but if nobody else provides them, you might be able to search "Wave Pad" and find it that way. Again, I'm not necessarily recommending that program because I've never used it myself. I've just heard other people mention it and I'm pretty sure that it's free. Wave Creator comes from www.blazeaudio.com and was less than $20 when I got it several months ago. I personally think it's awesome! I believe it also has a free demo, if you're interested.

Anyway, hope this was in some way helpful. Good luck with your vid!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake and Enchirito are EXPERTS in this manner. I tried doing it a couple times. I actually had to cut a part in "the game". Aislynn is right, there is NO force in the UNIVERSE (at least using WMM).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much! I downloaded Wave pad and made my mix. It worked out pretty well. Thanks again!

Banner: Shinythings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: