Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it just me or what?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Is it just me or what? Reply with quote

I'm beginning to worry. I think dark times lie ahead....okay focus.

I was looking at the last 25 videos and only 1 council pick.....

Doesn't look good since I just submitted mine. Is there any significance or reason for this or am I just paranoid?

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it depends, were they 25 vids already done judging, or just 25 vids still in progress?

The truth is, videos need 3 main things to get CPs:
-They have to keep the viewer's attention
-They should show good editing techniques
-They must have something original in them

And that third thing doesn't seem to be done very often with so many vids, anymore Anyone can spit out a regular Jate vid to a nice song, but unless it's edited exceptionally well, it has some really cool editing techniques and effects to keep it interesting, or it uses something truly original or a slightly different twist on the subject, it probably won't get a CP. It's still a technically good video, but not all that enjoyable or interesting unless you really like the song
And so, videos are bound to get fewer and fewer CPs, as there are fewer and fewer original ideas to give the vids an edge. And the overdone stuff is then fought over by vidders, and only pure skill can win the battle

Dark times? Nah. Tough times? Yeah.
Ideas mean more than anything now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for clearing it up Warren! I kinda enjoy the fact that it is harder to get a CP. Makes it more of a challenge. Because now I look at my videos and ask myself "Now how can I make this different from other shipper vids?" If only the people who kept sending in the same repetitive stuff would just stop (cough cough uk promo cough cough) then I think we'd all be happy.

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help And I totally agree with the UK Promo thing LOL though thankfully that's kinda died down by now (I think there used to be about 20 a week a few months ago...... )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: