Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Oscars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
same for me I didn't even bother watching it. I guess the movies I like aren't good movies. Wow, surprise surprise.

I'm not sure that's it. I think hollywood is going through a weird phase right now.
Quote:
First-time Oscar nominee Matt Dillon said the five movies up for best picture this year reflect audiences' desire for "authenticity."

"I think audiences are into authenticity at this point," said Dillon, nominated for best supporting actor for his role in "Crash" on his way down the Red Carpet into the Kodak Theatre for tonight's ceremony.

"They are interested in films that are very specific, in things that are trying to look at things that are not usually addressed in films," he told CNN

All this realism crap is not my taste at all. Hopefully they will return to their escapism roots soon!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone here seems to not like Brokeback but I LOVED it. I was disappointed it didn't win best picture because I personally thought it deserved it and not because it was a gay film, but because it was a beautiful love story. I personally haven't seen Crash so I can't comment on that but I'm here to defend Brokeback![/i]
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see Brokeback (or most of the movies nominated), and I didnt actually see the show.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw Brokeback and I thought it was pretty good. Of course, it was one of those romantic drama slow movies and Crash had more connections to most people, especially in L.A., so I think that's why Crash won over Brokeback Mountain. And Crash was a REALLY good movie.

I was overall mildly pleased with the results, probably lowered my expectations a bit though. But there will always be sometime in the future where we'll get an exciting and thoroughly good awards season, when a really good movie or movies come out *cough*Lord of the Rings*cough*. At least in my opinion. People have said that this year's Oscars got the second lowest ratings of all time (the first was 2002, when Chicago won Best Picture over The Two Towers. I thought 'WTF')

sig by IslandofMystery
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
I didnt see Brokeback (or most of the movies nominated), and I didnt actually see the show.
Same here! But I heard that Reese Witherspoon got an Oscar and I love her!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: