Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI Torrents Trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yes I have bittorrent! I'm not a total numbskull. I have already unblocked those ports in the past - I guess I have like super strength firewalling or something. I can try bittornado though. Maybe it will work better? I'll have to try tonight.
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a great idea.
*goes off to download stuff*
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! It's working for me

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this change in our values of bandwidth has inspired me to increase the quality of my videos.

IN OTHER WORDS, now that we aren't worrying about bandwidth, I hiked up my file size

Beautiful Goodbye:
http://lostvideo.net/torrents/btdownload.php?type=torrent&file=LVI_goodbye_re-seeded.zip.torrent

that vid was just HORRIBLE before. I liked it and all when it's on my computer at 71MB, but I can't see how anybody could bear to watch it at 9MB >.< so thank you very much to anyone who did. It's now at a healthy 19MB, with MUCH clearer everything, and I fixed it up everywhere, so it should be a hell of a lot better in all those places where I was once ashamed of it and my newbie vidder ways... did you know I didn't even know there were any fades back then?!?!

Anyway, watch it please I hope for it's second soming so to speak, since the first one was kinda crap...

And ditto for Skaterboy:
http://lostvideo.net/torrents/btdownload.php?type=torrent&file=LVI_skaterboy.zip.torrent
except I didn't change anything around, just fixed the two jumpy spots..

SO if anyone's a collector of the Hobbizzle collection then please take the time to download these limited edition offers, thank you

P.S. Leave me comments

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lostvideo.net/torrents/btdownload.php?type=torrent&file=LVI_MASTER_part2_Mar18.zip.torrent

OI!! The Complete set of EVERY single vid is NOW up! Part 1 master only had vids from every vid we had hosted on the site. But now, with part 2, the vids that were hosted off-site are now open to the public for mass-download too! Save your friends some bandwidth, download the whole pack now, and never worry about wasting our bandwidth ever again!

NOTE: you need both the regular master file: http://lostvideo.net/torrents/btdownload.php?type=torrent&file=LVI_MASTER_FILE_Mar18.zip.torrent with the on-site vids, and the Master File part 2:
http://lostvideo.net/torrents/btdownload.php?type=torrent&file=LVI_MASTER_part2_Mar18.zip.torrent
with the off-site vids, to have them all

Note: even with the download of both of these, they are still missing the videos: "Essence" (Laura4Lad) and "Breathing" and "Breakaway" (xxCarolinexx) due to unavailability at the time. If you have any of these vids, please PM me, or put it on yousendit, or something, so that we can get them ready for LVI 3.0 if it comes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is working out pretty well from the posts I've read Hobbes. I'm downloading your Beautiful Goodbye XL.
Trish
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but the torrent thingys are not working for me. I followed the instructions and clicked on the "easy download" button, and clicked save and all that, but the download never would go past 0%. What am I doing wrong???
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try Azureus.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I try to download something it says that I have no "connection with peers."
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a DSL/Cable router you should port-forward ports 6881-6889 to the IP address of the machine you want to use BitTorrent on.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it works when i'm connected to the wireless network on campus now, so thanks. I'm now just a little curious about safety issues. I know, I'm paranoid! lol Am I running the risk of viruses and other kinds of stuff by doing this Torrent thing? Just curious if anyone knows if there's any risk to doing this. Thanks.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a ridk I wouldn't do it myself. I trust the torrent network because it's a lot safer, in terms of viruses and what not, then other p2p programs.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Trish
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I was just curious. Thanks!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: