Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"This Land Is Mine - Kate's Choice" - Kate/Sawyer/

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: "This Land Is Mine - Kate's Choice" - Kate/Sawyer/ Reply with quote

* "This Land Is Mine - Kate's Choice"
Kate has always been an independent strong woman that didn't need a man. Now, Sawyer and Jack fight for her heart. Kate must choose but can she? Watch as Kate goes through the events that gives each a place in her heart.
* Song: This Land Is Mine by Dito
Vidder: A. Hicks (lostcalier)
Length: 3:51 (9.5MB WMV)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC4Rs9-OF04

That was a really pleasant look through the whole Kate/Sawyer/Jack triangle. It had a nice, comfortable, smooth feel to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Astarte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked, how Sawyer and Jack are both build up during the vid, with their good and bad sides and how the viewer is drawn in, that this is not an easy choice for Kate. Nothing simple.

So the video in the end is undecided and that's also a fact I appreciate about it, the viewer can come to his own conclusion, what might be best for Kate or more precise who or if she should take nobodies party in this little play and stay true to herself.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

link!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could watch this forever
very nice ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair warning: this is a very sentimental favorite of mine so this will be lengthy.

It's about time that I finally got in here and reviewed this one because it has a very distinctive place in my Vid Collection: even now, with all the vids I've seen and swooned over and watched many, many times, I can tell you without question that I've seen this one the most!

The reason: it was both the very first "Lost" vid I'd ever seen and it was the first vid I'd seen that used vid clips. Every time I watch this one, I remember that amazed feeling that rose up in me as the title credits faded then that first shot of Kate and Jack began to roll. I was expecting a still pic slide-show and instead got living, breathing, moving video from the show! I nearly fell out of my chair! It was like a whole new world of fandom was swinging open to me! (Corny but true! )

Plus, there was a very important (to me ) second aspect. Due to a tragic VCR malfunction, (grr... ) I only saw the first 20 minutes of "Confidence Man." My frantic search to find out what happened??? is what led me to look for "Lost" sites online. Then when I found this vid, I could finally, finally see The Kiss in its full, uninterrupted glory! (And A Skater Was Officially Born! )

I doubt there will ever be another vid like this one, that just stunned me like that. I probably watched it 50 times that first week alone!

But, and here's the real part of the review, now that I've seen many other vids, I still go back and watch this one. Something that's always made it stand out for me...

Quote:
Kate has always been an independent strong woman that didn't need a man. Now, Sawyer and Jack fight for her heart. Kate must choose but can she? Watch as Kate goes through the events that gives each a place in her heart.

It really delivers what it says. The song works perfectly with the theme of Kate being a strong, independent woman, torn between two men. I liked how so many of the Jack/Kate scenes and the Sawyer/Kate scenes mirror each other, such as near the start when both take place on the beach (sorta like Kate remains but the men keep changing around her, for lack of a better way to describe it... ).

It has a story with a definite build to it (which now I know is darn hard to do, even when you have a full season's worth of clips to use; having only about 8 episodes or so to go on makes that a real accomplishment). I loved when the line says, "it's what I had to pay" and we see Kate's mug shot. I remember how perfect that struck me!

Then of course, you have the two biggest Skate and Jate moments of their time lined up back-to-back, The Kiss and The Hug! Just brought everything rising up together. And the final shot of Kate looking conflicted and walking away at the end (I can't place what ep that came from...), was just like the cherry on top of the sundae!

A vid with real video that told a discernable story... Yep, that's where vidding started for me. This vid led me to Enchirito's "Out of Context" vids and then from there to the first incarnation of LVI. If I would've missed "This Land Is Mine" I wouldn't have been looking for any other vids. I certainly never would've thought of making them myself.

Sorry for the big, long, sappy review. I couldn't have done this one any other way.

~Aislynn
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. It's always a great thing for a vidder to know that something they worked on had such an impact. To know that my video led you to LVI and made such an impact is amazing. You probably have the least amount of resources of any vidder here yet what you create is true art.

It's great knowing my video brought you into the vidding world. I always figured I'd hear something like this about a Laura or a Warren vid or well any other council member but to know one of my vids brought us an incredible vidder is really cool.

I have to admit I cringe a bit when rewatching some of my early vids. I've seen probably pushing 500 vids since LVI came to be and I guess when you do that you're led to questioning your own work. It's hard on council members so hearing that people like our vids and are inspired by them really helps us get to our next vid. I imagine it's like that for most vidders.

Aislynn, thank you for telling the story. I personally can't wait for your next vidding wonder.

www.lostvideo.net
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thank you for saying all that! Half the time I feel like my vids just flew in from Planet Zornozz or something because they generally are so odd compared to everybody else's! Hearing them called art and wonders really makes my day!

This was by far my most gushy review ever, but if the vid that got me into vidding doesn't deserve to be gushed over, then I don't know what one does!

Thanks again!

~Aislynn
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it's taken so long but I finally got new working links on my vids. This one has a YouTube link for it now. Enjoy and feedback is always appreciated!!!

www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: