Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Contest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostzilla that was so cool! If that was a movie trailer I'd see it in a heartbeat. If that was a vacation advertisement I'd go just too see the men and then run away from the "ring." LOL--great great job. Charmax you know my thoughts--Jake got back to you on LM-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all great. I'm still debating wether I'm going to do it or not. My muse hasn't been cooperating with me lately.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, SariaAngel, I hope that you do decide to enter the contest. Sorry to hear about the uncooperative muse. I've been hoping to see another of your vids sometime soon! "I Ain't Lucky" is a standard now on my favorite vids playlist!

Actually, my mom (who was never a big fan of vids) let it slip that she plays "I Ain't Lucky" before she shuts the computer down every night. But I'm sure she probably plays one of my vids too, right, Mom? Mom??? J/K! (BTW, would you mind PM-ing me your lyrics for "I Ain't Lucky"? I know Mom really would get a kick out of them! )

Seriously, though, you're very talented and creative, so I know you'd do a killer contest vid. And be sure to post a link here, I love getting to see what everybody is coming up with (even if I do keep taking my poor excuse for a vid and mentally ripping it into pieces every time I see a new vid... This poor thing probably should never see the light of day!).

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Seriously, though, you're very talented and creative, so I know you'd do a killer contest vid.

truer words never spoken. You BETTER join it

Arggggg.... I can't think of anything for this contest either.... and seeing ANOTHER two aweome vids in the email inbox certainly doesn't help...
btw, I didn't participate in the last contest due to not being allowed to, or not having enough time, I just chickened out, and couldn't come up with ANY ideas >.<

Hobbes <= not fit to be a judge! Or.... ONLY fit to be a judge Argggg.... I can't do both, I'm too much of a critic to myself lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally finished my Very First Contest Vid! *fanfare plays* Then it took me forty-forevers to upload it into the email because my dial-up kept taking great pleasure in dis-freakin'-connecting every time it was almost done! Grr...

Oh well. I'm still a happy vidder girl, if only because I didn't let the fact that I'm waaay out-classed keep me from entering the contest anyway. Shout out to Charmax and Dr. Laura4LAD for their encouragement: Sincerest thanks, y'all!

And yeah, I really do say things like "y'all." Believe it or not, the whole Southern thing didn't start with Sawyer. It's in my DNA.

Am currently uploading the vid to YouSendIt, which will keep me from doing anything else for a while. But at least I can still type this post, even if I can't actually post it until the uploading is done.

This is supposed to be short, non-chatty and to-the-point. Hm, failing badly at that, aren't I? Anyway, as I was saying...

Probably should mention that the music may not be for the faint of heart. Consider this fair warning...

Oh, and if anybody else should come cruising through here after the link expires, feel free to request a new one. (I'll just be over here, holding my breath... *gasp* )

Now, one thing I want to be sure not to do is to give anyway the fact that there's a modest "surprise" at the end--

Uhhhh... Oops.

Vidder girl, shutting her mouth now...

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XWVABMC2U7RS2E541HIVNC5BO

~Aislynn
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn, what in the world were you worried about?! That was really cool and very creative. I think you did an incredible job on it.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO that was GREAT! I would have NEVER thought of making it like that! And that song was just SO fitting, it made it just hilarious with irony ^^. Just loved it. I really don't see how we're gonna pick these things... everyone is picking different aspects, and they're ALL great!

Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn.. gotta love that vid!
especially with Jack and Kate in that..surprise!
love that! GREAT JOB! keep it up!
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn you seriously had nothing to worry about! Like lostcalier said this is so creative and slightly bizarre... Unique and entertaining.

The music is from South Pacific isn't it? Good choice when you think about it.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn this was so adorable! Great job--and when the jaters see your fake wedding for them they will all look to you as g*d LOL. Now go work on your Jack trilogy--btw responded to your therapy post finally-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn that is a great spin. Very different.
I love how different everyone's is turning out.
I've got my vid done in my mind, now I've just got to gather my clips together. I never thought my television/radio class from high school would come in handy. LOL
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aislynn.. gotta love that vid!
especially with Jack and Kate in that..surprise!
love that! GREAT JOB! keep it up!

WHAT!? That was Kate?! I wasn't paying attention to the faces >.< I was too preoccupied with the swirling confetti heeheehee weeeeeee!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! Thanks so much for the good words, everybody! The talent level here is so extraordinarily high that I always feel like a giant twit whenever I throw something of my own into the mix. (I have vidding issues, I can admit it... ) Seriously, I really appreciate all the kindness!

Yes, the song is from "South Pacific," though this version was from Charlotte Church's "Enchantment" CD.

Hobbes, now, you jump back over there and look at Kate, wontcha? Do you know how hard it was to put her head on the body of Jack's bride? Their skin tones are not even close! This is not even to mention the fact that I'm a Sawyerette, for cryin' out loud. It was soooooo hard to resist using The Kiss clip at that point. But I opted to show my Jaters some love...

Thanks again for all the encouragement! One more time: Whew!

~Aislynn

PS - The In(famous) Angsty Jack vid is finally a go!
mully4235

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: My vid Reply with quote

Ok, I'm new at this, but I'm going to enter anyway. I don't expect to win at all, being new and not quite good enough yet, but this is good experience. Plus, my vid isn't really creative enough, quite plain, but I like it. So, that being said here is a link. It's still kind of a work in progress, but anyway....

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2U0AFSWGTWXFT3OM9JVB2C53K0
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mully, I just want to point out that for a first timer that was very well done. I swear all of you get together and collaborate to make the voting process harder on us...lol. Keep them coming we love to watch them all.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: